Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 596
Like Tree97Likes
  1. #201  

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    just got mine :-)
  2. #202  

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Nada on the notification customization/toggles, at least from what I can tell.
  3. #203  
    dponte's Avatar

    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Quote Originally Posted by VDK69 View Post
    Nada on the notification customization/toggles, at least from what I can tell.
    Yeah...too bad. But, not the end of the world. Wondering if the N7100 update had it or not. AT&T may have taken it out, as it's the build, but suffixed with AT&T's build.

    In anycase...I posted this on AT&T's forum -similar thread... .... .... ...

    Also, yes the other carriers have enabled slightly more or less apps that work with multi-view...of course, ATT's account login app is one of them!

    More apps will follow...as developers catch on. Of course it's ONE device (and the 10.1 tablet), so it depends. I noticed one of my file explorer apps is there as well (Solid Explorer).

    All-in-all it's pretty cool. You can move the multi-task tab around to the bottom/top/left/right. Which is GREAT for one-handed use on the Note 2 and avoiding the long reach (for some ppl). Also, works well with the long press of the home button while in multi-window mode with two apps already open...it just replaces one window with the app you choose, etc. Lots of future possibilities with this.

    I wonder if Android will come out with another way to have multiple screens. Yet, the Note 2 is large enough to make this useful. The LG phone is interesting, but I don't see how a translucent app over a running one is great or as useful.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #204  

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Still nothing for me..I don't know whats up with that!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  5. #205  

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Hi,

    I did the upgrade yesterday, and started having wifi problems. Cant connect to my home network any more. I get a "signal too weak" error. Took out the battery and rebooted, problem solved for a few minutes then disconnects again. Att couldnt help. Any ideas?
  6. #206  

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Ive found that ATT smart wifi is the app that causes my wifi issuses. As for the update, i have yet to see it in louisiana and im approaching feb 5 2013 for the date trick to update.
  7. #207  

    Default Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

    I filed a BBB complaint against AT&T for how they handled this whole multi-window update fiasco. Someone initially contacted me the other day, and I missed the call. They attempted to contact me, again, and I missed the call. And then another time. Finally, I was able to get them just about five minutes ago. They told me they worked in the presidents office at AT&T. He wanted to inform me the update for multi-windows was, in fact, out as of the 27th. I told him I was aware and had updated.

    I took the liberty to inform him of the issues a lot of you all were having. I told him that I had to do the date change trick to force an update. I told him there were many people posting online, of having to wait crazy amounts of times (like 2,800 hours) before being able to successfully check for an update. He gave me the usual mantra of appreciating my feedback, and he'd give it to the folks in-charge of the software development and the people in-charge or rolling out the update. He also told me the reason why it took so long for AT&T to release the update (and he was quite aware AT&T took the longest of all the carriers) was because they do extensive testing to make sure things like multi-window will be compatible with their network and whatever else. So, take that as you will. I know another rep from retentions told me the exact same thing. I don't necessarily think they're lying about that, but I'm sure there's some underlying things we are not privy to.

    At any rate, I also asked him how the update was released so I can pass the information along to people on sites like XDA and others. I wanted to know was the update a staggered release or should it have been available to everyone at once? He told me that from what he was told, the update was INITIALLY staggered, but as of right now, EVERYONE should be able to update to 4.1.2. So, there you have it. From the sheep's mouth. I hope this information is helpful for someone. I will post this on a few other websites I'm following pertaining to this same issue.
  8. #208  

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Quote Originally Posted by mhenne4 View Post
    Ive found that ATT smart wifi is the app that causes my wifi issuses. As for the update, i have yet to see it in louisiana and im approaching feb 5 2013 for the date trick to update.
    New Orleans, La.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Multi view update on December 27th!-uploadfromtaptalk1356728785838.jpg  
  9. #209  

    Default Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

    Quote Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
    I filed a BBB complaint against AT&T for how they handled this whole multi-window update fiasco. Someone initially contacted me the other day, and I missed the call. They attempted to contact me, again, and I missed the call. And then another time. Finally, I was able to get them just about five minutes ago. They told me they worked in the presidents office at AT&T. He wanted to inform me the update for multi-windows was, in fact, out as of the 27th. I told him I was aware and had updated.

    I took the liberty to inform him of the issues a lot of you all were having. I told him that I had to do the date change trick to force an update. I told him there were many people posting online, of having to wait crazy amounts of times (like 2,800 hours) before being able to successfully check for an update. He gave me the usual mantra of appreciating my feedback, and he'd give it to the folks in-charge of the software development and the people in-charge or rolling out the update. He also told me the reason why it took so long for AT&T to release the update (and he was quite aware AT&T took the longest of all the carriers) was because they do extensive testing to make sure things like multi-window will be compatible with their network and whatever else. So, take that as you will. I know another rep from retentions told me the exact same thing. I don't necessarily think they're lying about that, but I'm sure there's some underlying things we are not privy to.

    At any rate, I also asked him how the update was released so I can pass the information along to people on sites like XDA and others. I wanted to know was the update a staggered release or should it have been available to everyone at once? He told me that from what he was told, the update was INITIALLY staggered, but as of right now, EVERYONE should be able to update to 4.1.2. So, there you have it. From the sheep's mouth. I hope this information is helpful for someone. I will post this on a few other websites I'm following pertaining to this same issue.

    I wish it were true and available to everyone. Checked again and no dice. Thanks for trying though, and yes quite frustrating.
  10. #210  

    Default Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

    Tried the date trick and everything! Still not working!! This sucks!!
  11. #211  

    Default Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

    for the multi window, is it possible to have two browsers as a multiwindow? (if that makes senses). I know you can have multiple pages on the browsers, but I wanted to know if you can split two browsers. For instance can I have androidcentral on one window, and have the bottom window be another website?

    I try splitting two window browsers and it wont work. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you
  12. #212  

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    New Orleans, La.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    I just tried in ruston la both on wifi and off and still no update
  13. #213  

    Default Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

    Nope, won't work.

    But, you could place Chrome in one window the the built in Browser in the other.
  14. #214  

    Default Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

    Quote Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
    I took the liberty to inform him of the issues a lot of you all were having. I told him that I had to do the date change trick to force an update. I told him there were many people posting online, of having to wait crazy amounts of times (like 2,800 hours) before being able to successfully check for an update. He gave me the usual mantra of appreciating my feedback, and he'd give it to the folks in-charge of the software development and the people in-charge or rolling out the update. He also told me the reason why it took so long for AT&T to release the update (and he was quite aware AT&T took the longest of all the carriers) was because they do extensive testing to make sure things like multi-window will be compatible with their network and whatever else. So, take that as you will. I know another rep from retentions told me the exact same thing. I don't necessarily think they're lying about that, but I'm sure there's some underlying things we are not privy to.
    Sorry to say but that reason is complete bull, as an unlocked international device would work perfectly fine on AT&T's network. They were lazy and slow. You got the most basic and standard reply from their rep.
  15. #215  

    Default Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

    Ahh, thanks for the help.

    firefox or chrome should both be compatible with multi window right?
  16. #216  

    Default Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

    So i finally got my update, i had to contact live chat and the rep asked me to power down my phone and she sent a network reset signal to the device. I powered back up and checked for the update and poof there it was. I am in north louisiana at 420 pm central. She said this is no guarantee but she guessed that was the problem my phone was having.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #217  

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Quote Originally Posted by mhenne4 View Post
    So i finally got my update, i had to contact live chat and the rep asked me to power down my phone and she sent a network reset signal to the device. I powered back up and checked for the update and poof there it was. I am in north louisiana at 420 pm central. She said this is no guarantee but she guessed that was the problem my phone was having.
    I did the same thing earlier today, but it didn't work for me.. I was told to wait a few days.. Does it matter that I have an anti virus app on the phone?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  18. #218  

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches36 View Post
    I did the same thing earlier today, but it didn't work for me.. I was told to wait a few days.. Does it matter that I have an anti virus app on the phone?

    Nope, shouldn't matter. I think we want this too much. And will therefore be last to update. So sad.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  19. #219  
    Soloberry's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Quote Originally Posted by itsmemalloy View Post
    Awesome!
    OUCH! Note 20 should be out by then!
  20. #220  
    JosephN's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Oh att sucks I swear I just got done chatting with a rep and they saying it's not even a update available for the note 2 he had one and didn't know there was an update for it. I mean seriously you don't even know what is available on your own damn phone for the company you work for. Buncha idiots.
    Soloberry likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #221  

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Quote Originally Posted by JosephN View Post
    Oh att sucks I swear I just got done chatting with a rep and they saying it's not even a update available for the note 2 he had one and didn't know there was an update for it. I mean seriously you don't even know what is available on your own damn phone for the company you work for. Buncha idiots.
    I spoke to a rep and she told me that's a Samsung thing then after awhile she realized its att update, she told me it's not ota but through Kies.. Wtf? Their customer service is ridiculous...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    JosephN likes this.
  22. #222  
    Soloberry's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

    Quote Originally Posted by mhenne4 View Post
    So i finally got my update, i had to contact live chat and the rep asked me to power down my phone and she sent a network reset signal to the device. I powered back up and checked for the update and poof there it was. I am in north louisiana at 420 pm central. She said this is no guarantee but she guessed that was the problem my phonke was having.
    Didn't work for me-tried the same thing. 154 hrs to check again-although he said I would get a text message telling me to update.
  23. #223  

    Default Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

    I tried calling ATT, was transferred to a Samsung rep. Then backto ATT. I heard 4 different reasons why.
    I was very nice, saying I'm asking for a favor here. And was finally told they ate rolling out the update in 10% chunks!
    So hold on, it could be awhile.

    Good luck and happy new year!
    Thanked by:
  24. #224  

    Default Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

    Go all the way to 2500 some hours and thought I should try a factory reset; oh well, did not work So I also contacted AT&T and they are as useless as they come. Oh well, hopefully it hits within the next few days
    JosephN likes this.
  25. #225  

    Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

    Mines still didn't come either....I went to the AT&T store yesterday and ask them. They resetted my whole phone to the point I lost ALL my contacts, photos, & music.....SMH!!!! Now I'm jus looking at u guys comments and trying to do what yall telling to do it's just not working....im tired of keep changing my date&time to get the update....im at 50 hrs right now.....oh yea I'M IN ST.LOUIS, MISSOURI
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint rolling out update that brings the multi view feature
    By MannyZ28 in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 10:29 AM
  2. Multi View update for Note2
    By ItsaRaid in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 12:14 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 09:13 AM
  4. Facebook Widget not updating on home screen
    By elemeno0pee in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 07:37 PM
  5. Got 1.6 update on Vodafone UK but not working :(
    By varunbhalla in forum T-Mobile myTouch 3G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 03:24 AM

Posting Permissions

B