Multi view update on December 27th!

kcour2006

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
[QUOTE OTE=Peaches36;2482327 es36;2482327 es36;2482327]My phone won't let me change the date anymore. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Peaches, and this happened to me also. I just turn off your device and restartt. Should let you do it again.
I'mout till Julyof next year .

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Jeffro I tried doing that and now I have to wait til Wednesday! Keep playing with countdown timer and you will never get the update.

Jeffro Bodine

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Jeffro I tried doing that and now I have to wait til Wednesday! Keep playing with countdown timer and you will never get the update.

Couldn't another explanation be that ATT hasn't released the update yet for my region/IMEI or whatever? Maybe the date thing has nothing to do with it not working. Isn't that possible?

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I went back and read through every page of this thread. It seems that TONS of people have had luck setting the date forward in order to get the update. Why do we now think that this won't work? Where's the confirmation other than what some rep (who probably doesn't know squat) told some guy who called them?

I'm not about to do that again-I have 134 hours to wait-if the OTA isn't there then, I will try the update.zip method. I do have some concerns, though-like how do we know this is the REAL DEAL-I mean, there's a lot of tech-savvy people out there that write these software programs for a living. Where did they get that file from? Do we need an extracting utility to unzip the file? Can we just unzip it on our own PC and drag and drop it into the SDEXT download folder then put the phone in its download state? So many questions-but at least I have 134 hours to find the answers.
;) ;) ;)

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes it might not be in your area yet but it still doesn't affect the answer I got that if you mess with the timer you will delay WHEN you get the update! And I am not some guy who called AT&T. I am female. Go ahead, play with the timer and see what you get. You might get the update by 2014!

RogerRockit

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Post #232 has step by step instructions for downloading & installing the update. I backed up my phone on Kies, just ran the update using those exact steps, and I'm rockin'.

kcour2006

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Got my update. Just go to settings >about device> software> check for updates

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

You aren't playing the game sir. We here are playing with clocks and zip files...

Glad you got it, did you "fast forward" your clock?

squeakywipers

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Still no luck with OTA update myself and have to wait ~60 hours. I want to rebuttal all those who thinks AT&T is playing god and have some nefarious plan to punish those who pushed their dates forward for the update - I HIGHLY doubt they are that intelligent and organized. Come on people, they can't even push 1 update out correctly, and they are going through all this trouble to "punish" their customers....I find this laughable. Methinks the OTA update is bugged, as is the date-forwarding dealy for the software update.

jpark23

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Peaches did you get the update?

For everyone else asking questions about the earlier post, it is for non rooted phone. When you rename the file you need to rename the entire file (ie no . Cfg extension). You then transfer the into your external drive and do the special reboot. Ill be on so if yiu have any questions feel free to ask

tezz24

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I cant afford to lose my warranty on my phone with these zips and .....so im just going to keep resetting my phone until the update comes I just dont know what else to do

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes it might not be in your area yet but it still doesn't affect the answer I got that if you mess with the timer you will delay WHEN you get the update! And I am not some guy who called AT&T. I am female. Go ahead, play with the timer and see what you get. You might get the update by 2014!

How do we determine the "Root" folder through the EXTERNAL SD card-the "transflash" card. Under My Files folder, I show extSDCard and sdcard0. Also, I have the update.zip folder on my laptop-can't I just copy that into EXTERNAL SD card-anywhere in particular? Will it extract when selected from the boot screen?

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Soloberry I have no answer to that one as I am not doing the update that way. SDcard0 is the phone itself. ExtSD is the extra chip you put in.

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
For those that are concerned about the manual zip update...

I did it this morning and my phone is working perfectly.

I simply downloaded the file, changed it to .ZIP and then transferred it to a directory on my external SD card.

You need not have a phone that is rooted. Mine wasn't.

The only downside is that it will wipe your internal phone's drive so be certain to back everything up. I used MY BACKUP PRO. I also backed up my Nova Launcher settings.

Once you are done updating the phone, do a factory reset just to make certain that your phone is fully functioning as it should be.

Really, the update is simple to do and it won't brick your phone.

And listen, I understand there are those that just don't want to reset their phone. But you know what? I got tired of waiting almost 3 days for an update, constantly pushing my clock ahead through 2013 hoping for a lucky opportunity for the update to appear. Now I I hear AT&T has caught on to the time/date change practice. So, you want to keep waiting? That's fine. I wanted the update and it was worth the work to get it, even if meant erasing my phone entirely.

AT&T really sucks when it comes to these updates. Verizon and the other carriers don't put you through all this nonsense.

jpark23

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Okay. This is what I did. I transfer the uodate file to my download file on the internal sd card. I then transfered the file to my external sd card. You can make a folder or put it in the external sd card. When you do the safe mode reboot, it will ask you to install from external sd card. Select the update file and it should start updating. Just fyi, it will erase everything in the internal sd card so I would back it up with kies. Let me know if you have oyher questions or if it actually worked. If it doesnt and you are stuck let me know also.

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Soloberry, did you get it to work? If not ask me what question you . Ill get you updated.

I think I understand-my file is on my pc-I can copy the file to my EXT SD card somewhere, then power down, bring the phone into boot mode, then locate the file and open it. I just wasn't sure if my phone has an unzipping utility. Again, the file is on my pc where I changed the extension already-I am new to Android, I HAD a Blackberry a long time ago, and fussed a bit with it back then, but not so sure I want to mess my new phone as I've only had it since its release date. Now it's just a matter of moving it over to the card and booting it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699