Multi view update on December 27th!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Still no luck with OTA update myself and have to wait ~60 hours. I want to rebuttal all those who thinks AT&T is playing god and have some nefarious plan to punish those who pushed their dates forward for the update - I HIGHLY doubt they are that intelligent and organized. Come on people, they can't even push 1 update out correctly, and they are going through all this trouble to "punish" their customers....I find this laughable. Methinks the OTA update is bugged, as is the date-forwarding dealy for the software update.

They aren't pushing the update incorrectly, staggered updates is NORMAL.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone try using Kies Air or Kies to see if ATandT did the right thing and put the update there? My computer is a bit slow now so can't try it.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Kelly it might be normal for AT&T to "stagger" updates and mess with timer programs, but it isn't for other companies and ATandT sure charges a lot for their services. They should give us same respect. :(

ucquality

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
My manual update took all of 5 minutes and my phone works perfect, I was out till Jan 20th and after the update the date is back to normal. Super easy guys for us impatient ones. Just make sure you save it as a .zip file. Your phone unzips it automatically. My wife traded her note1 in for the 2 today and her update was available right away. Weird I have had my phone since the release and I had to do manual. The factory reset you guy's talk about is it soft or hard after the update? I did nothing and no issue's. Glta

kcour2006

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay. This is what I did. I transfer the uodate file to my download file on the internal sd card. I then transfered the file to my external sd card. You can make a folder or put it in the external sd card. When you do the safe mode reboot, it will ask you to install from external sd card. Select the update file and it should start updating. Just fyi, it will erase everything in the internal sd card so I would back it up with kies. Let me know if you have oyher questions or if it actually worked. If it doesnt and you are stuck let me know also.

Will try this tonight, light a fire, some candles, and a voodoo doll in case it all goes down hill....will report back once finished, wish me luck.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly it might be normal for AT&T to "stagger" updates and mess with timer programs, but it isn't for other companies and ATandT sure charges a lot for their services. They should give us same respect. :(

Stagger is normal for technical reasons, T-Mobile did it when I was with them. The catching onto the changing the date issue and stopping that isn't about not respecting the customers, in fact it is about people like me not being on edge for tower and server overload.

Jeffro Bodine

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Read above, long post about someone talking to AT&T.

Sorry, I don't buy it. I saw the post you are talking about. I've also seen dozens of other post where people are talking to ATT customer service reps that don't know what the hell they are talking about. Why should this be any different?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm..maybe cause it has now blocked updates, but whatever..push your date to 2018 if that makes you feel better.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
My manual update took all of 5 minutes and my phone works perfect, I was out till Jan 20th and after the update the date is back to normal. Super easy guys for us impatient ones. Just make sure you save it as a .zip file. Your phone unzips it automatically. My wife traded her note1 in for the 2 today and her update was available right away. Weird I have had my phone since the release and I had to do manual. The factory reset you guy's talk about is it soft or hard after the update? I did nothing and no issue's. Glta

How did you do it? I renamed the file and it still had cfg at the end which I can't remove.. Help please...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I think this works best if you download the file to your PC or MAC

You can then right click on it and rename it. Just type over the entire .CFG filename with "update.zip" (without quotation marks of course)

Then copy from your Mac or PC to the external card on your phone. I did it using Kies on a Mac.

It's so simple to do, but I can understand how some people not used to doing these things may have initial difficulties.

Much easier than sitting around playing with the clock for hours on end for an update that may not come for the next few days.

jpark23

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi Peaches,

So highlight the entire file name "update.zip.cfg" and delete the ".cfg" portion. So the file name should be update.zip instead of update.zip.cfg. It will have a message and just click yes. Then you transfer that file to your external hard drive. Do the safe boot mode and select install from external sd card. Select the update.zip file and you should be set. It's my mission to get you updated.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
LOL. He doesn't stop whining about an app ATandT put there to prevent us jumping the line, so let him leep pushing the date til who knows when. LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38