Multi view update on December 27th!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly I really love all your posts, honestly. Sonic is right on one thing. ATandT could have handled this much better than they did. They could have put it ONLINE and all could have downloaded leaving their network free. My daughter also defends ATandT. I have been with Sprint as well as ATandT and they handle updates much more efficiently. They PUSH to phones with no timer crap programs. ATandT told me they are being overrun with calls anyway now due to customers complaining about how they handled this minor update. In the long run they saved nothing but rather gave all a big headache. :(

Oh I'm not disagreeing with them being able to put it online, but the funny thing..with the S3 JB update, all the complaints were it wasn't OTA. Many people wanting OTA don't realize those updates are staggered and AT&T isn't the only ones that do that. I have plenty of issues right now with AT&T, but think it is ironic they did what the people wanted, OTA and now the people want Kies, the "piece of crap junk we should never have to use" so many have said.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'm not disagreeing with them being able to put it online, but the funny thing..with the S3 JB update, all the complaints were it wasn't OTA. Many people wanting OTA don't realize those updates are staggered and AT&T isn't the only ones that do that. I have plenty of issues right now with AT&T, but think it is ironic they did what the people wanted, OTA and now the people want Kies, the "piece of crap junk we should never have to use" so many have said.

I was thinking the exact same thing...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

kcour2006

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay everyone. Used the zip file method to manually update my GN2. Worked out with really no hitches, it does delete your information.

I haven't seen any issues, juwtbmake sure to factorybreset after the update. This will insure that all is right in your world.

Good luck everone.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
At least it isn't a Verizon update. You all would be waiting months for it.
My poor attitude aside, I'm really hoping my note comes tomorrow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
. Don't know who told you that but I doubt very much that it is true. AT&T has the update and has blocked Samsung and Google from updating. Sounds more like passing the buck. IMO this post on AT&T's forums sum up the root of the frustration: Angry with AT&T meddling and blocking upgrades on ... - AT&T Community Support

So why don't you buy unbranded international phones? I disable tons of bloatware and never root. I would love pure Android, but I buy the AT&T or whatever carrier, version because I don't want to spend the money. That means they have the final say so on when their update is pushed. That part goes with getting the discount for the phone. If that part is too much for some , they should pay the big bucks price for the unbranded, unlocked phone, IMO. There are ways to get what you want from these carriers and make them think it was all their idea, did it last night when I got a customer care rep to give me the coordinates of the AT&T towers within 5 miles of me and their status. Now I'm ready for the 2nd network tech that will tell me I need a micro cell. Six towers in a 5 mile radius of me, I'm covered N/S/E/W and one being 4 miles from me, the rest..less. I don't need a micro cell, not unless 3 towers are degraded, which they are.

Yeah, I'm not happy, but 611 isn't the issue and Network is going to hear about this next week when they call. The nice girl @611 have me the power last night, info, and thought it was all her idea.

Direct your complaints to the right people or you will be wasting your time and labeled a troublemaker and ignored. That is the way it is in any business. I rarely get a 611 person that isn't helpful and willing to tell me they don't know something and move me to the next level. If you start off making them defensive, it will NEVER happen.

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I got my update, i saw on an update note that there would be improvements to the samsung KB. I see no such improvements, the auto correct still does not work and that seemed to be the only noticeable problem with the samsung KB that needed to be fixed

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Jpark23,

Once I did it, it WAS easy-too bad they pulled the plug on the dropbox site however, someone is still hosting it there for those still interested.

It DID wipe my phone-no worries there, just had to re-download the essential apps I wanted. I backed up my phone prior, but for some reason my apps wouldn't transfer over. Oh well.
It's really a nice feature-I just wish there were other apps you can add to it-I suppose rooting that would do so, but I'm not ready to tackle that just yet. I like Firefox browser because I can sync it with my phone without having to type in all my bookmarks again.

SB

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Nevermind, that's in the boot mode-I do not know-however, it shouldn't if your device is NOT roooted. If it is, there are ways to reset the flash counter. :D

Last edited:

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So why don't you buy unbranded international phones? I disable tons of bloatware and never root. I would love pure Android, but I buy the AT&T or whatever carrier, version because I don't want to spend the money. That means they have the final say so on when their update is pushed. That part goes with getting the discount for the phone. If that part is too much for some , they should pay the big bucks price for the unbranded, unlocked phone, IMO.

This makes way too much sense :)

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Nevermind, that's in the boot mode-I do not know.

Reboot the phone into download mode, (with phone off, hold vol down, power and the center button; at the option screen, press volume up). If it did not raise the flash counter, it will read:

Custom binary download: NO
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official

If it says anything else, your warranty is out the window :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek