Multi view update on December 27th!

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Kelly tons are complaining this way. Plano, that will not work either. It's been tried. You would need to put another SIM into your phone. That may not work either.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Kelly tons are complaining this way. Plano, that will not work either. It's been tried. You would need to put another SIM into your phone. That may not work either.

You could head over to xda developers. Looks like some have had success downloading the update in a zip file to their external SD card and installing from there. If you are experienced at doing that sort of thing. Go to page 23 or so.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2067544

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I understand they are but they complain about Kies also, non stop lol

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Plano, waiting has never been my strong point, but by Wednesday, or early Thursday, I can hit check for updates on wi - fi again. This should have been a "push" update.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It is a push update, but once word got out it was available everyone manually checked for it. Even after they did not have it they kept checking and checking...pushing their time further back.

If you do nothing, it will prompt you to update or postpone it after it downloads. I can understand not wanting to wait. I cannot answer why some people get it on the first try and others do not. Good luck to you and I hope you get it soon.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone sign up yet? I did and I ordered the pink one:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356912971430.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356912971430.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 27

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
For a PUSH update, you do not have to click "Check For Update." If you go to the AT&T website itself, you will see it is a WI - FI update that needs a prompter to start it, and always has been. Once again, if it were a "push" update, the notification would pop up on its own. You would not need to click on check for updates. Clicking check for updates won't delay the countdown timer further. Changing the date and time will;

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
For a PUSH update, you do not have to click "Check For Update." If you go to the AT&T website itself, you will see it is a WI - FI update that needs a prompter to start it, and always has been. Once again, if it were a "push" update, the notification would pop up on its own. You would not need to click on check for updates.

If you say so. Trust me, if you waited it would hit your device and prompt you to update. People checked for the update on their own but there will be many people who will be oblivious to the update and then be prompted to update. Just trying to explain things a bit, not really trying to argue every point...

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Plano go to the AT&T website and find out about the 4.1.2 update. It says not push, so don't believe me. Check for yourself. You need to have countdown timer on zero, then hit check for updates, and if it is there, download.

dealnerd00

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You aren't playing the game sir. We here are playing with clocks and zip files...

Glad you got it, did you "fast forward" your clock?

No i didnt tamper with the CPU clock. I really think that ATT is just phasing the updates by region. A day of waiting didnt kill me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

miss aloha

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
No i didnt tamper with the CPU clock. I really think that ATT is just phasing the updates by region. A day of waiting didnt kill me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

By region? Oh boy. ... Well I live in Hawaii and I haven't gotten my update. I guess I'll wait till January 2 to call Att.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2