Multi view update on December 27th!

tezz24

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
AT&T told me by Tuesday they will talk to me about a new phone but Tezz, it might be refurbished. I will not take a refurbished one for a two month old new one that I paid big bucks for. AT&T Service Centers will eventually be able to flash the update to the phone. Kimmy, that should not have worked as you CANNOT start the update without Wi - Fi on and this is a FACT. Also, clock trick does not work.
I asked them already to see if its going to be new and they said yeah

Venichie

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to share... I GOT MY UPDATE!!! I pretty much had given up hope, after seeing my next time I could check for an update was near 2015! I just kept getting an AT&T update interruption error, every time I checked for one. Although all the sudden I pick up phone a few hours ago, and it said downloading (something) from the "DM" (device management) system thingy. It found the update on it's own, and yeah... I'm happy my patience wasn't for nothing!

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just for fun, I went in and check for updates. I have great news, it is now downloading a 178.92 mb file as we speak. :)

Jeffro Bodine

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Just for fun, I went in and check for updates. I have great news, it is now downloading a 178.92 mb file as we speak. :)

ME TOO! For Real this time Soap4me!!! And I forwarded my date all the way to March 22, 2013 to get it! So whomever told Soap4Me that it doesn't work is full of $hit. It's now at 16.41 out of 178.92MB!!!

ElmhurstTom

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I am an Android newbie. I have not received this update yet. Just so I know, is there anything I need to do to get this update or does it happen automatically? I have manually checked for the update a few times, but I am still running 4.1.1 with no update ready. Any idea how long this generally takes to roll out for everyone?

Thanks
Tom

Jeffro Bodine

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I am an Android newbie. I have not received this update yet. Just so I know, is there anything I need to do to get this update or does it happen automatically? I have manually checked for the update a few times, but I am still running 4.1.1 with no update ready. Any idea how long this generally takes to roll out for everyone?

Thanks
Tom

Tommy, despite reports of it NOT working, I had been pushing my date out and re-checking. I was in for a 1800+ hour wait as I had gone into mid March 2013. Each day I would push it out 2 more days and try again. Today I moved it from March 19 to March 22. I Turned wifi on and the restarted my phone. When it finished booting up again, I went into check for update, and it found the update and is downloading now! 50% complete.

EDIT: Update complete! Multi window is VERY COOL!! Ecstatic!

EDIT 2: So what does this PROVE? The 'forward the date' trick DOES WORK, but only if ATT has rolled the update out to your area using whatever criteria they use (serial number, geography, etc). IT WORKS!

Last edited:

ElmhurstTom

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I am in the Chicago suburbs. Area code of 773. Still nothing. Correct me if I am wrong on the steps I need to do to get the update:

1. Set the date as March 25 2012.
2. Restart the phone.
3. Manually check for the update
4. Download the update
5. After the update is complete I change the date back to today.

Does that seem right?

Thanks!

crosshair

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I am in the Chicago suburbs. Area code of 773. Still nothing. Correct me if I am wrong on the steps I need to do to get the update:

1. Set the date as March 25 2012.
2. Restart the phone.
3. Manually check for the update
4. Download the update
5. After the update is complete I change the date back to today.

Does that seem right?

Thanks!

You need to set the date ahead, not backwards. 2013, not 2012. I didn't have to restart my phone,so skip step #2. You can change the date back during the download, or before you allow it to update your GN2.

Jeffro Bodine

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You need to set the date ahead, not backwards. 2013, not 2012. I didn't have to restart my phone,so skip step #2. You can change the date back during the download, or before you allow it to update your GN2.

I just let it complete and install the download and then when everything was done and updated, I went back into settings and set the date correctly.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow Jeffy! You just admited you Lied the first time you said you pushed the clock "again" and WOOT, there was the update. Why should you be believed now? Remember the boy who cried wolf. :)

ElmhurstTom

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the help on this. I am going to give this a shot tonight. My next question will be how to utilize the multi-view function but I will hold off on that until I get the update done. Thanks again!

Jeffro Bodine

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow Jeffy! You just admited you Lied the first time you said you pushed the clock "again" and WOOT, there was the update. Why should you be believed now? Remember the boy who cried wolf. :)

Yep. I lied the first time. But this time it worked like a charm. Sorry you don't have your update yet, and sorry that I proved your theory wrong.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
EDIT 2: So what does this PROVE? The 'forward the date' trick DOES WORK, but only if ATT has rolled the update out to your area using whatever criteria they use (serial number, geography, etc). IT WORKS!

Yep. Now you get it! :)

Demo it to your iPhone (and other Android using) friends now with the Samsung Multi-Window open...a pop-up video playing...a pop-up note open...and...a pop-up browser pane open!! Use that quad-core and 2G of RAM!! :)

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the help on this. I am going to give this a shot tonight. My next question will be how to utilize the multi-view function but I will hold off on that until I get the update done. Thanks again!

Long press the 'back' button to initiate the blue tab for the Multi-Task/drawer. Long press again to make it disappear. Then you can hold down the tab and move it to the top/right/bottom as well...if you do one-handed and hold it in your right-hand, you may want the tab on the right-side and the feature. You can also slide the tab up and down to find the best position to not hit it often.

Multi-Window is also toggled via the notification panel button that is also part of this build/update.

Also, play around with the swapping apps within a one of the window panes via the home button. And get used to that flexibility. So far so good, I hope they expand on this to make scrollable/swipeable window panes for more than two panes.

You can only use apps that are available to Samsung's Multi-Task/Window feature ('Multi-Task' was what the sidebar of scrolling apps had been referred to as...just like on the S3, which had that on ICS and does not have Multi-Window - at least, I don't think it does or will, with a smaller display size)

More apps will become available to the feature, as developers take heed and update their apps. Solid Explorer is one 3rd party app that was recently updated for this. XDA forums also talk about how rooting/flashing to other ROM's will allow you to enable other apps to use the feature, if you just can't wait for the developers. Or you can email the developer of some app that you want to work with it, and perhaps they will respond quicker.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I would like to put in my input, to the 'clock pushing does not work' issue. I was up to over 1000 hours and I just checked now and I am currently downloading the update. I would like to say that if you haven't started clock pushing I wouldn't recommend it, but if you already pushed your self to hundreds or thousands of hours, you mise-well keep checking, you will not be forgotten, once the AT&T pushes it to you, you still will get it.

Sorry added images backwards. Second image is showing me downloading the multi-window update, notice the date, today is 1/4/2013. The first image is after the update showing 4.1.2

Screenshot_2013-01-04-15-33-23.png

Screenshot_2013-02-15-15-07-39.png

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21