Multi view update on December 27th!

almarsh78

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I finally got mine too after doing the date trick a few times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Really easy. I was worried I was going to screw something up by doing it, but as I can tell, all it does is give the owner admin privileges. It doesn't change anything. If I see anything remotely different, I will post!
pros:
use of titanium backup
you can uninstall att crapware!!

Is it easy to root?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
That's what I spent the last week doing, researching root. Then I finally got the update to 4.1.2 and it kinda p'd me off. At&t cut some of the good stuff! So away I went I would say always research first, and be prepped for any issues that might come up. I made 2 backups with 2 diff programs before I did it. Neurotic OCD.....lol
I want to root mine because att is horrible! Just haven't done enough research.

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a programmer, so hopefully someone who knows about it can tell us. I do see that the permissions and the ability to remove att's bloatware made it a "go" for me.
What are the advantages of rooting? I don't want to mess with the phone in case more updates are given.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Got my update "without" the date trick. It arrived when it hit my area. Just like AT&T kept telling me it would. It only had a 10% rollout a day.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
All the date trick does is allow you to once again try to update without waiting 24 hrs. If the update is not there then it accomplishes nothing. If the update is there the software update app will see it as long as it can run.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Luis Casco Arias

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I got mine this week. I still cannot believe how long it takes to get updates on Android. And I had never seen this type of selective scattered roll out. You would think AT&T could afford to have enough resources for a quicker roll out.
Other than that, the update is running well (better?)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Jeffro Bodine

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone encountering any bugs since the update? The only thing I have noticed, and it's happened twice so far since the update, is that sometimes the screen will fail to rotate from portrait to landscape. Doesn't matter what app you are using. A power off/restart solves the problem. It doesn't seem to be related to a setting because it works normally and then it just doesn't.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone encountering any bugs since the update? The only thing I have noticed, and it's happened twice so far since the update, is that sometimes the screen will fail to rotate from portrait to landscape. Doesn't matter what app you are using. A power off/restart solves the problem. It doesn't seem to be related to a setting because it works normally and then it just doesn't.
That is AT&T ROM not being stable or just lagging.....
That is one reason to root and flash a different (better) ROM on to your awesome Galaxy Note 2.;)

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Thankfully no...