Multi view update on December 27th!

Kirk Williams1

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The update showed up on my Note II a couple of days ago. I downloaded it, restarted, failed at 24%. Factory reset Note II. Downloaded it again, restarted it, and failed at 24% again. Factory reset and tried again. Update no longer shows up. :(

Kirk Williams1

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Dang sorry to hear. What is ATT telling you?

AT&T Support:

Amanda: I have just read this update With your "update" AT&T has temporarily suspended it because it was not updating properly on the device.

Amanda: Sorry, this is apparently a huge issue so Samsung had to pull it for the time being.

Amanda: I apologize for the inconvenience. When the update is corrected it will appear on your device.

Amanda: That is up to Samsung and AT&T when the bugs are fixed.

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey All. This new firmware has introduced a screen rotation bug to our Note 2's. Basically the screen will fail to rotate from portrait to landscape without warning and can only be fixed by rebooting the phone. No fix is currently available and no cause has been determined. You can follow the thread about it here: Does anyone else have a problem where screen rotation stops working? - Page 4 - xda-developers

I noticed when I upgraded to the new update, my transition from portrait to landscape was much slower. Before the update it was blazing fast when switching modes.

Now I notice it won't rotate sometimes unless I reboot. Kind of annoying.

I wish I never updated and the multi window is useless with all the apps listed. It's like an At&t festival full of useless apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Glerp

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Holy moly thank god I checked these forums today! I never got the update pushed to me, I checked today and it show's its available. But after what I'm reading here I'm not going to update the phone. My phone works great right now and it's not worth compromising for a useless Multi View in which almost no apps are compatible with it.

I've been burned REAL BAD with my old Moto Atrix on ATT. Off the shelf it was a decent phone, after the 2.3 update I believe, the WHOLE phone went to utter dog doo doo. I have no faith in ATT when it comes to software updates, think I"m going to pass on this one.

I'm still unrooted. Plan to eventually research a ROM and root the phone and install a clean ROM on it. I still have all the ATT bloatware that I need to remove

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My Note 2 was only a few weeks old when I rooted & flash it and notice the AT&T stock ROM was a bit buggie and slow compare to Clean ROM.
Also this was before the 4.1.2 update from AT&T..... :confused:;)

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Finally got my update to work I think the trick was not allowing my screen to turn off while it was updating. Works great just very limited apps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Mazen Bira

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
hi guys....

i have at&t note 2 i did factory unlock to it and tell now when ever i ask if there an update it gives me there is no update .. my Android Version 4.1.1 and i don't have the multi view

can you help what i should do to get it updated to 4.2 and multi view
:(

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same experience. Their are a bunch of OSs out there that work as well &often better. I'm using clean rom (Google it) there's also Cyanogen mod. Someone smarter than me about phones might follow. Most of them are as good or better than your carriers version. Be careful to check them out though. Some aren't as stable as others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2