Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 24 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Multi view update on December 27th!

Looks like we will finally get our update!
    Sent from Miss Peaches GN2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Multi view update on December 27th!-uploadfromtaptalk1356576327646.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi and PeterRedBird like this.

Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 receiving Multi-Window update starting tomorrow on ATT network | YouMobile

I just heard it on FB. So how does it work and is that all that is included in the update?

Finally! I cant wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know if the verticle tool bar (pop-up) is included? Any fixes included?
    ska916jedi likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 receiving Multi-Window update starting tomorrow on ATT network | YouMobile

I just heard it on FB. So how does it work and is that all that is included in the update?
    This is what I've learned so far..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Multi view update on December 27th!-uploadfromtaptalk1356581366738.jpg  
    ska916jedi likes this.

Yes finally. Ive had my note 2 for about two weeks now and Ive been waiting for this update since. Its a great phone without but now its gonna be freakin sweet.
    Peaches36 likes this.

Im Rooted and running a custom ROM with all those features... Now with this OTA update what happens now!?!?
    New to all this Andriod updates is my phone going to be a brick tomorrow??
    ska916jedi likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by UsedName View Post
    Im Rooted and running a custom ROM with all those features... Now with this OTA update what happens now!?!?
    New to all this Andriod updates is my phone going to be a brick tomorrow??
    I'm not sure about rooted phones.. Sorry

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Custom ROMs will likely not receive it. Even if it your phone recieves info from server about update it is likely that it can't be installed because of TRWP or CWM being on the device. That has been my past experience with updates when rooted with custom ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29

Gonna be a good day tomorrow!

ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

Let's see how "smooth" this rollout is... Hopefully AT&T won't **** this one up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    ska916jedi likes this.

So do I have to install the Kies Air crap and update that way or is it pushed over the air? I have never owned a non-nexus Android phone before this one.

"The update will be available for download over the air beginning Dec. 27."

What does this mean, over the air???
    Newbie here, thanks!

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by dodong27 View Post
    "The update will be available for download over the air beginning Dec. 27."

What does this mean, over the air???
    Newbie here, thanks!
    It will be downloading and installing right on your phone - no need to connect to a pc.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

I just checked now at 1055 am central time and still no OTA update, anyone know what time the update is coming?

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Like Sprint, and previous updates it is rolled out over a short-time period of days. Lots of people have to download it. It's not magic

Thanks to the person who found which features we may get too (earlier in this thread)! Other Note 2 models got other features and bug fixes...since we had some toggles they didnt and they had some stuff we didnt, etc. Interesting.

Also, interesting that the original Note is announced at the same time to get this feature and others...
    Original Galaxy Note getting Jelly Bean, multi-window and other features in new Premium Suite | Android Central

Cool.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!

I checked the system update and got nothing. Now I have to wait 24 hours to check again??

@M Dodd, if you need to "reset" the OTA count down, just go adjust your phone forward 1 day, save and go attempt update again to spoof the clock. Once finished, return time to "auto" or w/e you use for your setting.
    Thanked by:
    dponte 

Default Multi view update on December 27th!

I was rooted and running a custom rom and returned to stock this morning ready for the update. If you are rooted go to xda-developers to find information.
    Thanked by:
    dponte 

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Feature-wise...

- Ink effect...don't we have that already? What else would it do? Who cares?

- Group Cast...didn't try that yet. AllShare Cast hub is pretty good though...I was impressed when playing NOVA 3 and NFS (to really test it out). Was weird at some points, but not as bad as I thought. It depends on which app it seems and how the WiDi is behaving at the time.

- What about the feature that does group face replacement/best face? I think that is missing on other models too, anyone know? I see the ability to do single best face. update: I was mistaken...may have thought about 'group cast' again, for some reason confusing it. Thanks to the person who set me straight on this!
    Last edited by dponte; 12-27-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!

Will the GN2 notify you that there is a update? Or do you keep checking software update?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Will the GN2 notify you that there is a update? Or do you keep checking software update?
    Good question, I was wondering that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dponte View Post
    Feature-wise...

- Ink effect...don't we have that already? What else would it do? Who cares?

- Group Cast...didn't try that yet. AllShare Cast hub is pretty good though...I was impressed when playing NOVA 3 and NFS (to really test it out). Was weird at some points, but not as bad as I thought. It depends on which app it seems and how the WiDi is behaving at the time.

- What about the feature that does group face replacement/best face? I think that is missing on other models too, anyone know? I see the ability to do single best face.
    This confuses me. I've seen other people complain about now having the "Best Faces" feature, so I had to check my phone to make sure I wasn't crazy. I sure enough have it on my AT&T Note II (SGH-i317). I used it last night to make sure I wasn't confusing it with "Best Photo," which I have as well. I attempted to take a group picture and when I hit the shutter button, my phone took a series of shots and then it put a yellow box over all the recognizable faces. When you click on a face, three different faces pop-up and you choose the best one. You don't have this feature??
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

When I checked for the software update it says it's current and I should check back in 46hours.. I guess I'm checking to much

Come on AT&T! Where's our update?
Page 1 of 24 1234 ... LastLast