• 2 Post By Cmatt1971
  • 1 Post By So Cold
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Default Battery life

Is this normal?

My Precious Note2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1356625591975.jpg  

Default Re: Battery life

^Is that from an App?
    Newbie here, thanks!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dodong27 View Post
    ^Is that from an App?
    Newbie here, thanks!
    Yes from the gsam battery app its great and shows what is draining battery

My Precious....Note2

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    Is this normal?

My Precious Note2
    Kind of, but it depends on your usage. Also n how you charge it. But the battery life is great with this thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Battery life outstanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1356659715961.jpg   Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1356659727343.jpg  
    Johnly and ttwiitch like this.

Global Posts
    10,408 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    Battery life outstanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
    And that is fin.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I had good battery life today but my Android system drained the most is that normal

My Precious....Note2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1356667957162.jpg   Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1356667968135.jpg  

Wow... I am at 7% right now as I am trying to drain the battery completely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

My GN2 battery life using GoMaster app.

sent from my AT&T GN2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1361567632010.jpg  
    Thanked by:

What settings do you keep your phone at. Those are the kind of numbers I expected after purchasing the gn2 but so far im getting half tht. I ve been playing with the settings a lot to disable running apps I don't use and as well as playing with the screen brightness. I hate turning down the brightness because I love how vibrant it is but Im running out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by dueceswild View Post
    What settings do you keep your phone at. Those are the kind of numbers I expected after purchasing the gn2 but so far im getting half tht. I ve been playing with the settings a lot to disable running apps I don't use and as well as playing with the screen brightness. I hate turning down the brightness because I love how vibrant it is but Im running out of ideas.
    Here is what I'm doing:
    1. On the advice received on the thread I posted, I've disabled all AT&T apps except for AT&T Messages (need it for visual voicemail).
    2. I've disabled notifications on ALL apps in the App Manager.
    3. I've disabled "Allow automatic updating" on all apps in the PLAY Store.
    4. I've disabled Samsung Push Service.
    5. I've disabled sync for all accounts except for my work email (Exchange). That account is set to use push 9a-5p on M-F. Otherwise its at manual.
    6. Screen is set to 20% brightness.
    7. GPS is off.
    8. Wi-Fi is off when I'm not in a Wi-Fi area. For me, that's 2 hours a day.
    9. Turned off all vibration settings that I could find. Two that still exist are the Facebook messages (when I have the app open and I get a message) and the calendar appointment reminder. I've not found the option to disable those individually (I don't want to turn on power saving mode to disable haptic feedback).
    10. Ask for more tips on this forum
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWa1L View Post
    Here is what I'm doing:
    1. On the advice received on the thread I posted, I've disabled all AT&T apps except for AT&T Messages (need it for visual voicemail).
    5. I've disabled sync for all accounts except for my work email (Exchange). That account is set to use push 9a-5p on M-F. Otherwise its at manual.
    7. GPS is off.
    9. Turned off all vibration settings that I could find. Two that still exist are the Facebook messages (when I have the app open and I get a message) and the calendar appointment reminder. I've not found the option to disable those individually (I don't want to turn on power saving mode to disable haptic feedback).
    Turn Multi Window off if your not using it. Will make a considerable difference.

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

I cant complain! I did have a glitch that killed my battery in under 18 hrs, (damn Google Sound Search)-But since I disabled it, I'm getting almost two dsys....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-screenshot_2013-03-25-23-30-25-1-.png   Battery life-screenshot_2013-03-26-10-00-47-1-.png  
    Last edited by destefmx6; 03-27-2013 at 08:51 PM.

ROM
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

Can you post a screenshot of the battery? (Settings>Battery, then use your whole hand to swipe across the screen, or hold the Home button and Power for a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWa1L View Post
    Here is what I'm doing Just in case.

7. GPS is off.

The battery on this phone is like no other. I run mine in power saving mode with the display set to auto and no other tweaks and I get a full days use out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

My note 2s battery life kinda sucks. I'll have a full charge @ 6am and be down to at least 60% by 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by destefmx6 View Post
    I cant complain! I did have a glitch that killed my battery in under 18 hrs, (damn Google Sound Search)-But since I disabled it, I'm getting almost two dsys....

Wow!!! That is impressive!!!

sent from my AT&T GN2
    Thanked by:

I've only been using my Note 2 for a couple of weeks now and battery life seems to be okay. Not as good as my BlackBerry was but good. I do find myself using it a lot more than I was using my BB and maybe that's because it's new and I'm using/playing with it but I think my usage will actually increase as learn all the features of the Note 2. I did pick-up and after market battery from Anker just in case I need it.
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble

These threads always make me laugh. There's always someone who gets great battery life and everyone else freaks out, the EVO thread had a real funny one because it's battery isn't nearly as good and people weren't posting screenshots.

That being said from what I've seen you'll get a good idea of usage if you look at screen on time and wifi. You get these people taking about 1.5 - 2 days of battery life but they're always on wifi and don't have a lot of screen on time. That and they turn off half the features of their phone.

Quick rant: I think it's biased and annoying when people review phones and spend all their time on wifi and never use gps. For me that's unrealistic and does people a disservice.

I love the note's battery because I can actually use my phone and use it to its full potential without worrying about it dying right away when I need it.

Here's some shots of heavy use

Sent from my Note 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1364855027299.jpg   Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1364855175729.jpg   Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1364855443259.jpg  

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Damn what did you do JumpStart your car with the note?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaneyjr View Post
    Damn what did you do JumpStart your car with the note?

Haha, not quite. This is not a normal day for me but I'm just showing the other end of the spectrum. I usually use my phone quite a bit, I'm not on wifi except for when I'm at home which is only the very beginning and end of the day, and I use a lot of gps. But i still usually make it through the day without charging.

That's what's great about the note 2 battery, I don't have to compromise to get through a day. Especially with this phone I don't get why people baby it so much. Take the training wheels off and really enjoy.

Sent from my Note 2
    Thanked by:
    intheb0x likes this.

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    ROM
    Only Jelly Bean or ICS!

I have disabled nothing but multi view
    Brightness is automatic, gps is always on, barely use wifi.

Sent from my ATT Note 2!
    If you think i helped you, please click the Thanks button on the right

Quote Originally Posted by intheb0x View Post
    I have disabled nothing but multi view
    Brightness is automatic, gps is always on, barely use wifi.

Sent from my ATT Note 2!
    Your screen on time is pretty low

Sent from my Note 2

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    ROM
    Only Jelly Bean or ICS!

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Your screen on time is pretty low

Sent from my Note 2
    Still about 4 hrs worth . I have others on my other sd card with 6hrs time with just a good battery

Sent from my ATT Note 2!
    If you think i helped you, please click the Thanks button on the right

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

I normally get an entire day out of my battery with heavy usage. I get up around 6am every day; go to the gym for about 2 hours and stream radio the entire time; we have lte here in St. Louis; I have 6 email addresses coming to my phone (most are business related); I am constantly on the phone checking Facebook, Twitter, navigating to clients' homes, etc. I still make it to 10pm each day with about 20% left.