1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Streaming Pics and Videos from Note2 to TV

Hey Guys,

Question about streaming pics/videos from Note2 to my Sony LED TV.
    I got to stream my pics but when I tried to stream my personal videos to my TV, it wouldn't let me.
    I've done some research, and it seems my Sony is compatable (DNLA). Also seen some video tutorials but none shows how to troubleshoot if it's not connecting.
    I was wondering if you guys have any in-sights on this?

Thanks!

Default Re: Streaming Pics and Videos from Note2 to TV

I'm interested also because I would like to do so also with my ps3 and the devices on my network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

How did you stream your pics, using DNLA? I've heard/read that you can do it through Xbox, but haven't read how to or tried it yet
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by hikerjim View Post
    How did you stream your pics, using DNLA? I've heard/read that you can do it through Xbox, but haven't read how to or tried it yet
    If select a pic from your gallery, an icon that looks like a tv with 2 arrows will show up at the top. That means your Note2 has located another device. Press that icon, and the pic will stream to your tv.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Would like to bring this up again, if anyone has any advice in regards to this???
    I wanna stream my movies from my Note 2 to my Sony LED but it's saying player not working?

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

A buddy of mine got this to work. He said it works great with his dlna home theatre receiver

Sent via Tapatalk

I discovered an app called Twonky when I was setting up a new router. After going through some setup on the app, website, and players... I can beam Youtube directly to my Roku player and search a handful of sites that the app has using a built in browser. You can also setup media discovery with it and it will show up on your PS3 to beam your Videos and pics. Now I just need to figure out how to rotate landscape recorded videos...

Guys, who tried the app which will be able stream music from phone to TV ( my TV is DLNA supporting) , share your suggestions...

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I got it working but only with xbox 360. I never could make any portion of it work with playstation 3. Awhile back there was another topic on the matter and i made 2 videos showing exactly how to make music and videos stream to xbox. The videos are on youtube. I have actually never heard anyone successfully making it work with ps3. I have a friend who has a HTiB and he says it works perfectly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I bought a second cheap Samsung blu ray player at Costco for an upstairs TV and noticed it has all share on it. I pressed a button on it to mirror my screen and turned all share on my Note 2 on and vola, my phone was mirrored to the TV screen. Could watch videos, pictures and you tube. It was truly whatever was on my screen. A cool little find. Also has miracast for my Nexus 4.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dodong27 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Question about streaming pics/videos from Note2 to my Sony LED TV.
    I got to stream my pics but when I tried to stream my personal videos to my TV, it wouldn't let me.
    I've done some research, and it seems my Sony is compatable (DNLA). Also seen some video tutorials but none shows how to troubleshoot if it's not connecting.
    I was wondering if you guys have any in-sights on this?

Thanks!
    I don't get good results streaming video from my Note 2. I have an LG Blu-ray which works fine for streaming video from DLNA servers/server apps installed on my computer (TVersity, Serviio, WMP, Plex, etc.). But video streamed from then Note 2 stops and starts, stops and starts. It's best, at least for me, to copy the video to my computer and then view it streaming to my TV that way. I use Plex for streaming videos in any event, and do so via the Plex app on Roku boxes attached to the TVs in the house. Definitely the best streaming experience -- much better than using DLNA built into a Blu-ray or TV.

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I bought a second cheap Samsung blu ray player at Costco for an upstairs TV and noticed it has all share on it. I pressed a button on it to mirror my screen and turned all share on my Note 2 on and vola, my phone was mirrored to the TV screen. Could watch videos, pictures and you tube. It was truly whatever was on my screen. A cool little find. Also has miracast for my Nexus 4.
    You were able to do this without the Samsung AllShare Cast dongle? You have to have one to share your screen, at least with a Samsung TV. (Indeed, the AllShare set up on the Note 2 says as much, but doesn't specify TV or Blu-ray -- just "HDMI Device"). I have a Samsung TV, with AllShare of course, but the ScreenShare function won't work because there's no AllShare Cast dongle attached. So a cheap Sammy BR has the dongle built in, but with a Sammy TV costing ten times as much, you have to shell out another $99 for a dongle? That I don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    I don't get good results streaming video from my Note 2. I have an LG Blu-ray which works fine for streaming video from DLNA servers/server apps installed on my computer (TVersity, Serviio, WMP, Plex, etc.). But video streamed from then Note 2 stops and starts, stops and starts. It's best, at least for me, to copy the video to my computer and then view it streaming to my TV that way. I use Plex for streaming videos in any event, and do so via the Plex app on Roku boxes attached to the TVs in the house. Definitely the best streaming experience -- much better than using DLNA built into a Blu-ray or TV.

You were able to do this without the Samsung AllShare Cast dongle? You have to have one to share your screen, at least with a Samsung TV. (Indeed, the AllShare set up on the Note 2 says as much, but doesn't specify TV or Blu-ray -- just "HDMI Device"). I have a Samsung TV, with AllShare of course, but the ScreenShare function won't work because there's no AllShare Cast dongle attached. So a cheap Sammy BR has the dongle built in, but with a Sammy TV costing ten times as much, you have to shell out another $99 for a dongle? That I don't get.
    No dongle, it is built in to the Blue ray player. It was like 120 at Costco. Needed it to play Blu Rays and dvds on the TV upsatairs so that All Share was a bonus. There is a button on the remote which says "Mirror Screen" and once you press that it waits for you turn on All share in the Display settings, not the app. Then it mirrors the screen. I do not mess with the all share play app on the Note 2.
    Last edited by planoman; 04-10-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    No dongle, it is built in to the Blue ray player. It was like 120 at Costco. Needed it to play Blu Rays and dvds on the TV upsatairs so that All Share was a bonus. There is a button on the remote which says "Mirror Screen" and once you press that it waits for you turn on All share in the Display settings, not the app. Then it mirrors the screen. I do not mess with the all share play app on the Note 2.
    I didn't try the app on the Note 2 either -- I went into Settings > Wireless and network > More settings > AllShare Cast. (I don't see anything for AllShare under Settings > Device > Display.) Anyway, for $120, it beats buying a dongle since you get a BR player for another $20. The BR in my study is the first Best Buy/Insignia model from the Stone Age, and it could stand replacing. What model Sammy is your Blu-ray, in case my Costco is no longer carrying it?

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    What model Sammy is your Blu-ray, in case my Costco is no longer carrying it?
    I think the Samsung BD-F5900 is the only blu ray player with AllShare Cast and Mirror Screen capabilities according to Samsung website. It is on amazon too for $127.
    Thanked by:
    JasW 

I have a Samsung 65" plasma TV and my Note 2 shares wireless with it. AllShare is great.
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote Originally Posted by eds817 View Post
    I have a Samsung 65" plasma TV and my Note 2 shares wireless with it. AllShare is great.
    Does it mirror your phone or just share files (video, pictures, music..)? If it is just AllShare, it only does media files. If the TV has AllShare Cast, it does everything. Samsung was supposed to update the software on the newer Samsung TVs to support AllShare Cast but so far I don't think they have done it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lostchild View Post
    Does it mirror your phone or just share files (video, pictures, music..)? If it is just AllShare, it only does media files. If the TV has AllShare Cast, it does everything. Samsung was supposed to update the software on the newer Samsung TVs to support AllShare Cast but so far I don't think they have done it yet.
    It mirrors my phone
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote Originally Posted by eds817 View Post
    It mirrors my phone
    Oh wow your TV does have the mirror capability. I wish mine has it. I don't see why Samsung couldn't just do a software update and put in in all their late model TVs!

I got it done without realizing lol all I seen on my a even was a picture is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lostchild View Post
    I think the Samsung BD-F5900 is the only blu ray player with AllShare Cast and Mirror Screen capabilities according to Samsung website. It is on amazon too for $127.
    Actually, the one at Costco is the Samsung BD-FM59C. I just picked it up for $119.99. It does indeed have Mirror Share. If the one on Amazon does, too, that's at least two that have this feature.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Smart dock does the mirroring to. I have mine right next to my tv using hdmi. The entire homescreen is duplicated and I have a wireless mouse and keyboard I use for interaction.

I have my screen on just so you guys can see it but it normally it is off while docked.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Smart dock does the mirroring to. I have mine right next to my tv using hdmi. The entire homescreen is duplicated and I have a wireless mouse and keyboard I use for interaction.

I have my screen on just so you guys can see it but it normally it is off while docked.

Smart Dock, is that by Samsung? and how much?
    Thanks

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Yea its the Samsung Smart Dock. $99. Only place ive ever seen it in stock are at verizon stores.

It has 3 usb ports and the hdmi does audio out as well. Since getting it ive mostly used it to play snes emulators. I got a usb snes controller to go with it