Problem after 4.1.2 update.

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
They added the "Multi Window" toggle under notification shade, but they removed the"sync" toggle. Does anyone know how to get the sync toggle back?

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

reed420

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I would much rather have the sync toggle than the multi-window toggle any day. The multi-window is easy to use access by holding the back button for a second and then repeat the process to get out of multi mode. I have no idea what they were thinking when making that decision.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted and running custom ROM so I can't check, but I seem to have read that this update was also going to add customization of notification panel. Check under Display in settings and see if it is there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted and running custom ROM so I can't check, but I seem to have read that this update was also going to add customization of notification panel. Check under Display in settings and see if it is there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29

AT&T removed that feature for us feeble minded customers that wouldn't be able to handle the complexity of customizing our pull down toggles. I am sooooo happy they make these decisions for us!

EXTREME sarcasm.

FitzTML

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Got the update yesterday. I noticed that the continual home/launch screens for the S-Pen and Headphones are gone after the update. I just got the phone a week ago and know most people disable/change it. Is this just me? If not just me is it AT&T or Samsung? Ignore this, stupid me had Page Buddy Off.

I also am disappointed AT&T won't let me change the notification panel icons. I would move them around so I don't have to scroll to get to Bluetooth.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
AT&T removed that feature for us feeble minded customers that wouldn't be able to handle the complexity of customizing our pull down toggles. I am sooooo happy they make these decisions for us!

EXTREME sarcasm.

That sucks, wonder what else they removed, AT&T really knows how to screw things up.

lex2lo

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Before I do the update what does all this mean I am new to android so please forgive any newbie questions but what is sync and is it worth doing the upgrade for the multi screen, my phone is factory stock no roms or rooting done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

FitzTML

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Got the update yesterday. I noticed that the continual home/launch screens for the S-Pen and Headphones are gone after the update. I just got the phone a week ago and know most people disable/change it. Is this just me? If not just me is it AT&T or Samsung?

I also am disappointed AT&T won't let me change the notification panel icons. I would move them around so I don't have to scroll to get to Bluetooth.

Thanks!
Stupid Me had Page Buddy Off.

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
what is sync and is it worth doing the upgrade for the multi screen, my phone is factory stock no roms or rooting done

Sync is like Auto update. It syncs up your Google, fbook, twitter, etc account so you don't have to constantly refresh. The wick toggle is gone from the notification shade

Do the upgrade, multi view is cool but doesn't support a lot of 3rd party apps.

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

reed420

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

I checked for that, as I also saw it in the update spec sheet but can't find it anywhere. I checked where you said and it isn't there either. Oh well, so much for hope. ..

rollandl

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
All my sync's are turned off....I can go in on each individual account and sync but I cant turn them on to do it in the background. ..grr

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I checked for that, as I also saw it in the update spec sheet but can't find it anywhere. I checked where you said and it isn't there either. Oh well, so much for hope. ..

It is ridiculous that AT&T left that out.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I am running cleanROM 3.3 (jb 4.1.2) and I noticed I need to add sync if I want it on the notification bar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356732854370.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356732854370.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 210

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I am running cleanROM 3.3 (jb 4.1.2) and I noticed I need to add sync if I want it on the notification bar

++ There's a new version 3.5, you should check it out.

And I'm not sure whether stock has all of our options such as that screen.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Rooting and flashing CleanROM 3.5 also gives you the ability to use basically any app with MultiView.
Here's a shot of Slingplayer and minesweeper game running at the same time.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356742343364.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356742343364.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 462