Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

Default Problem after 4.1.2 update.

They added the "Multi Window" toggle under notification shade, but they removed the"sync" toggle. Does anyone know how to get the sync toggle back?

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

Was sync removed JUST from the notification bar? Is it still available under email account settings?

I would much rather have the sync toggle than the multi-window toggle any day. The multi-window is easy to use access by holding the back button for a second and then repeat the process to get out of multi mode. I have no idea what they were thinking when making that decision.
    aaronbuescher and BeRich like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Was sync removed JUST from the notification bar? Is it still available under email account settings?

Yes just the notification bar

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I'm rooted and running custom ROM so I can't check, but I seem to have read that this update was also going to add customization of notification panel. Check under Display in settings and see if it is there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
    reed420 likes this.

Default Problem after 4.1.2 update.

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    I'm rooted and running custom ROM so I can't check, but I seem to have read that this update was also going to add customization of notification panel. Check under Display in settings and see if it is there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
    AT&T removed that feature for us feeble minded customers that wouldn't be able to handle the complexity of customizing our pull down toggles. I am sooooo happy they make these decisions for us!

EXTREME sarcasm.

Got the update yesterday. I noticed that the continual home/launch screens for the S-Pen and Headphones are gone after the update. I just got the phone a week ago and know most people disable/change it. Is this just me? If not just me is it AT&T or Samsung? Ignore this, stupid me had Page Buddy Off.

I also am disappointed AT&T won't let me change the notification panel icons. I would move them around so I don't have to scroll to get to Bluetooth.

Thanks!
    Megan Arlitz and MultiMatt like this.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    AT&T removed that feature for us feeble minded customers that wouldn't be able to handle the complexity of customizing our pull down toggles. I am sooooo happy they make these decisions for us!

EXTREME sarcasm.
    That sucks, wonder what else they removed, AT&T really knows how to screw things up.

Before I do the update what does all this mean I am new to android so please forgive any newbie questions but what is sync and is it worth doing the upgrade for the multi screen, my phone is factory stock no roms or rooting done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Has anyone noticed that the text messages is out order. Like when u send a message they will respond and then it puts their messages together
    nancybout and SenseMonkey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FitzTML View Post
    Got the update yesterday. I noticed that the continual home/launch screens for the S-Pen and Headphones are gone after the update. I just got the phone a week ago and know most people disable/change it. Is this just me? If not just me is it AT&T or Samsung?

I also am disappointed AT&T won't let me change the notification panel icons. I would move them around so I don't have to scroll to get to Bluetooth.

Thanks!
    Stupid Me had Page Buddy Off.
    aaronbuescher likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by lex2lo View Post
    what is sync and is it worth doing the upgrade for the multi screen, my phone is factory stock no roms or rooting done
    Sync is like Auto update. It syncs up your Google, fbook, twitter, etc account so you don't have to constantly refresh. The wick toggle is gone from the notification shade

Do the upgrade, multi view is cool but doesn't support a lot of 3rd party apps.

reed420 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

Check under Display in settings and see if it is there.

Negatory

I checked for that, as I also saw it in the update spec sheet but can't find it anywhere. I checked where you said and it isn't there either. Oh well, so much for hope. ..

All my sync's are turned off....I can go in on each individual account and sync but I cant turn them on to do it in the background. ..grr

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by reed420 View Post
    I checked for that, as I also saw it in the update spec sheet but can't find it anywhere. I checked where you said and it isn't there either. Oh well, so much for hope. ..
    It is ridiculous that AT&T left that out.

I am running cleanROM 3.3 (jb 4.1.2) and I noticed I need to add sync if I want it on the notification bar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem after 4.1.2 update.-uploadfromtaptalk1356732854370.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by sqa4life View Post
    I am running cleanROM 3.3 (jb 4.1.2) and I noticed I need to add sync if I want it on the notification bar

++ There's a new version 3.5, you should check it out.

And I'm not sure whether stock has all of our options such as that screen.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

Wish I didnt need to root to enable a feature this necessary

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Rooting and flashing CleanROM 3.5 also gives you the ability to use basically any app with MultiView.
    Here's a shot of Slingplayer and minesweeper game running at the same time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem after 4.1.2 update.-uploadfromtaptalk1356742343364.jpg  
    aaronbuescher and sqa4life like this.

Im noticing that post uodate apps are crashing that never crashed before and I cant seem to connect to mobile network

I am on cleanROM 3.5 and how do you like my battery usage? I am using email heavily.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem after 4.1.2 update.-uploadfromtaptalk1356818731944.jpg  
    MatroxD likes this.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sqa4life View Post
    I am on cleanROM 3.5 and how do you like my battery usage? I am using email heavily.

sick

The sync app is now under contacts, menu, accounts and sync setting should be set to auto sync. You can add accounts there to be auto synced.
    Mustard and ptb127 like this.

Global Posts
    1,386 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by mhenne4 View Post
    Im noticing that post uodate apps are crashing that never crashed before and I cant seem to connect to mobile network
    Apps have to be updated to the new os change. Give it some time thwy should uodate soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast