Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    aaronbuescher's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

    Default Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    They added the "Multi Window" toggle under notification shade, but they removed the"sync" toggle. Does anyone know how to get the sync toggle back?

    Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Was sync removed JUST from the notification bar? Is it still available under email account settings?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    I would much rather have the sync toggle than the multi-window toggle any day. The multi-window is easy to use access by holding the back button for a second and then repeat the process to get out of multi mode. I have no idea what they were thinking when making that decision.
    aaronbuescher and BeRich like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    aaronbuescher's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Was sync removed JUST from the notification bar? Is it still available under email account settings?

    Yes just the notification bar

    Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
  5. #5  
    Cmatt1971's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    I'm rooted and running custom ROM so I can't check, but I seem to have read that this update was also going to add customization of notification panel. Check under Display in settings and see if it is there.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
    reed420 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    I'm rooted and running custom ROM so I can't check, but I seem to have read that this update was also going to add customization of notification panel. Check under Display in settings and see if it is there.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
    AT&T removed that feature for us feeble minded customers that wouldn't be able to handle the complexity of customizing our pull down toggles. I am sooooo happy they make these decisions for us!

    EXTREME sarcasm.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Got the update yesterday. I noticed that the continual home/launch screens for the S-Pen and Headphones are gone after the update. I just got the phone a week ago and know most people disable/change it. Is this just me? If not just me is it AT&T or Samsung? Ignore this, stupid me had Page Buddy Off.

    I also am disappointed AT&T won't let me change the notification panel icons. I would move them around so I don't have to scroll to get to Bluetooth.

    Thanks!
    Megan Arlitz and MultiMatt like this.
  8. #8  
    Cmatt1971's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    AT&T removed that feature for us feeble minded customers that wouldn't be able to handle the complexity of customizing our pull down toggles. I am sooooo happy they make these decisions for us!

    EXTREME sarcasm.
    That sucks, wonder what else they removed, AT&T really knows how to screw things up.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Before I do the update what does all this mean I am new to android so please forgive any newbie questions but what is sync and is it worth doing the upgrade for the multi screen, my phone is factory stock no roms or rooting done

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Has anyone noticed that the text messages is out order. Like when u send a message they will respond and then it puts their messages together
    nancybout and SenseMonkey like this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Quote Originally Posted by FitzTML View Post
    Got the update yesterday. I noticed that the continual home/launch screens for the S-Pen and Headphones are gone after the update. I just got the phone a week ago and know most people disable/change it. Is this just me? If not just me is it AT&T or Samsung?

    I also am disappointed AT&T won't let me change the notification panel icons. I would move them around so I don't have to scroll to get to Bluetooth.

    Thanks!
    Stupid Me had Page Buddy Off.
    aaronbuescher likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    aaronbuescher's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Quote Originally Posted by lex2lo View Post
    what is sync and is it worth doing the upgrade for the multi screen, my phone is factory stock no roms or rooting done
    Sync is like Auto update. It syncs up your Google, fbook, twitter, etc account so you don't have to constantly refresh. The wick toggle is gone from the notification shade

    Do the upgrade, multi view is cool but doesn't support a lot of 3rd party apps.




    Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
    reed420 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    aaronbuescher's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    Check under Display in settings and see if it is there.

    Negatory


    Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    I'm rooted and running custom ROM so I can't check, but I seem to have read that this update was also going to add customization of notification panel. Check under Display in settings and see if it is there.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
    I checked for that, as I also saw it in the update spec sheet but can't find it anywhere. I checked where you said and it isn't there either. Oh well, so much for hope. ..
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    All my sync's are turned off....I can go in on each individual account and sync but I cant turn them on to do it in the background. ..grr
  16. #16  
    Cmatt1971's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Quote Originally Posted by reed420 View Post
    I checked for that, as I also saw it in the update spec sheet but can't find it anywhere. I checked where you said and it isn't there either. Oh well, so much for hope. ..
    It is ridiculous that AT&T left that out.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    I am running cleanROM 3.3 (jb 4.1.2) and I noticed I need to add sync if I want it on the notification bar



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem after 4.1.2 update.-uploadfromtaptalk1356732854370.jpg  
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Quote Originally Posted by sqa4life View Post
    I am running cleanROM 3.3 (jb 4.1.2) and I noticed I need to add sync if I want it on the notification bar



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    ++ There's a new version 3.5, you should check it out.

    And I'm not sure whether stock has all of our options such as that screen.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    aaronbuescher's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock JellyBean

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Wish I didnt need to root to enable a feature this necessary

    Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
  20. #20  
    Cmatt1971's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Rooting and flashing CleanROM 3.5 also gives you the ability to use basically any app with MultiView.
    Here's a shot of Slingplayer and minesweeper game running at the same time.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem after 4.1.2 update.-uploadfromtaptalk1356742343364.jpg  
    aaronbuescher and sqa4life like this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Im noticing that post uodate apps are crashing that never crashed before and I cant seem to connect to mobile network
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    I am on cleanROM 3.5 and how do you like my battery usage? I am using email heavily.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problem after 4.1.2 update.-uploadfromtaptalk1356818731944.jpg  
    MatroxD likes this.
  23. #23  
    Lastnv's Avatar

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    Quote Originally Posted by sqa4life View Post
    I am on cleanROM 3.5 and how do you like my battery usage? I am using email heavily.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    sick
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Problem after 4.1.2 update.

    The sync app is now under contacts, menu, accounts and sync setting should be set to auto sync. You can add accounts there to be auto synced.
    Mustard and ptb127 like this.
  25. #25  
    jdub1981's Avatar

    Posts
    1,384 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,386 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ATT SE 1.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mhenne4 View Post
    Im noticing that post uodate apps are crashing that never crashed before and I cant seem to connect to mobile network
    Apps have to be updated to the new os change. Give it some time thwy should uodate soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WiFi Problem after 4.0.4 update
    By h2opoloplyr_11 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-19-2014, 01:55 AM
  2. Problems after 4.1.1 update
    By bassdelux15 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 11:33 AM
  3. Rooted, but Recovery problems after 2.3.4 update...
    By xyp in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 02:35 PM
  4. Data problems after 2.3.6 update..
    By MAGiK9 in forum Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 07:58 AM
  5. Browse problems after update...
    By CavemanOOGA in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 04:21 PM

Posting Permissions