Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beinghonie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default play store not working?

Hi, I just got this samsung galaxy note 2 since yesterday, before I had a htc desire hd for 2 years. I downloaded a couple of things from the play store, but suddenly it stopped working? Everytime I try to open the store, or upload something it only shows the grey loading screen... then just closes, it stops... I never experienced anything like that on my old phone, well it stopped working a couple of times, but only once. Now i can't access the play store anymore!! Does anyone have the same problem, maybe even a solution? I already tried uninstalling the updates, but it had no effect... I appreciate any help! Thanks

Default Re: play store not working?

Try rebooting the phone...

Also if you have the option on Google Play Store app in Settings/Apps to clear data/cache then try that.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Already rebooted twice... also already cleared the cache and data, that worked... but when I downloaded a new app..... same thing.... btw I tried it again just now, now clearing cache and data does nothing..

Seeing how your device is what a day or two old... A factory reset might be in order to resolve this issue unless anyone else has an ideas....
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Okay I understand.... but there must be a solution for it right? I also wonder if I am the only one with this problem? Its strange... I will wait one day before i reset it to see if someone knows more about this problem, thanks for your help and quick reply!!

Yes I would hope there is some solution but aside from a reboot and clear cache/data on Play Store app I really can't think of much more you can do. It sounds like a app permissions error or something weird that happened.

Gremlins.. that's what it is....

Good luck friend.
    Paul

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Try removing Google account and adding it back, I had download issues when I got my N2 and had to do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Uhm how do I delete that account from outside the store?

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Settings - Accounts - Google - then click on the account tied to playstore(if you have more than one) - select remove account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well I deleted both the accounts... stil doesnt help thanks for all help! It sucks though, I will try contacting samsung I guess. Edit: I just reset my phone, I was afraid I would loose quite a lot of files but it wasn't that bad.. it fixes the problem, hope it won't come back!!

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Glad you got it working, I know how frustrating it can be.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yeah thanks! I think the problem was that it was trying to download 130 apps at the same time! Because I had them on my previous phone. I saw it when I opened the store and quickly canceled it at least, I hope that it was the problem! Anyways thanks again for your help!

I am having the same peoblem.Can anyone help me in resolving this.play store ia not working...rest everything working fine.
    Uzma Aafreen likes this.

Hi ... i am using samsung galaxy note 2 since 6 months now... and since 2 months my play store was not working ... i got this solution just now ... go to settings-app manager- and when u press the key on the right side reset apps comes ... reset it and try your play store ....hopefully it works again

Post Re: play store not working?

I hava a note 2 and my problem is that I cant use my play store anymore
    And it is also hanging

i had da same problem for months... but i tried clearing all the preferences in app manager.. tat worked!! now play store works loike charm in my note 2..
    Settings>App Manager>Options>Remove Preferences (n tats all).. gud luck..