play store not working?

thetonytheman

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just got this samsung galaxy note 2 since yesterday, before I had a htc desire hd for 2 years. I downloaded a couple of things from the play store, but suddenly it stopped working? Everytime I try to open the store, or upload something it only shows the grey loading screen... then just closes, it stops... I never experienced anything like that on my old phone, well it stopped working a couple of times, but only once. Now i can't access the play store anymore!! Does anyone have the same problem, maybe even a solution? I already tried uninstalling the updates, but it had no effect... I appreciate any help! Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Try rebooting the phone...

Also if you have the option on Google Play Store app in Settings/Apps to clear data/cache then try that.

thetonytheman

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Already rebooted twice... also already cleared the cache and data, that worked... but when I downloaded a new app..... same thing.... btw I tried it again just now, now clearing cache and data does nothing..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Seeing how your device is what a day or two old... A factory reset might be in order to resolve this issue unless anyone else has an ideas....

thetonytheman

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Okay I understand.... but there must be a solution for it right? I also wonder if I am the only one with this problem? Its strange... I will wait one day before i reset it to see if someone knows more about this problem, thanks for your help and quick reply!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I would hope there is some solution but aside from a reboot and clear cache/data on Play Store app I really can't think of much more you can do. It sounds like a app permissions error or something weird that happened.

Gremlins.. that's what it is....

Good luck friend.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Try removing Google account and adding it back, I had download issues when I got my N2 and had to do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Settings - Accounts - Google - then click on the account tied to playstore(if you have more than one) - select remove account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29

thetonytheman

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I deleted both the accounts... stil doesnt help:( thanks for all help! It sucks though, I will try contacting samsung I guess. Edit: I just reset my phone, I was afraid I would loose quite a lot of files but it wasn't that bad.. it fixes the problem, hope it won't come back!!

Last edited:

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got it working, I know how frustrating it can be.

thetonytheman

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah thanks! I think the problem was that it was trying to download 130 apps at the same time! Because I had them on my previous phone. I saw it when I opened the store and quickly canceled it:p at least, I hope that it was the problem! Anyways thanks again for your help!

Uzma Aafreen

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi ... i am using samsung galaxy note 2 since 6 months now... and since 2 months my play store was not working ... i got this solution just now ... go to settings-app manager- and when u press the key on the right side reset apps comes ... reset it and try your play store ....hopefully it works again :)

Prakash Rajendran

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
i had da same problem for months... but i tried clearing all the preferences in app manager.. tat worked!! now play store works loike charm in my note 2.. :)
Settings>App Manager>Options>Remove Preferences (n tats all).. gud luck.. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20