Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I cant figure out how in the world to get iTunes music to my GN2

I have tried iSyncr, and it kept failing, I tried Requiem 4.0 but wont work with the new version of iTunes. It's driving me crazy, I just want my music on my GN2!! grrr

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: I cant figure out how in the world to get iTunes music to my GN2

You try double twist

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by J Teezy View Post
    You try double twist

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Not yet, let me give that a go. Thanks.

Download and install Samsung's Kies to the computer where you have your iTunes library. Kies will prompt you or you can manually import your iTunes library.

Kies - Sync Media, Contacts & Calendars Across All Devices | Samsung
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I cant figure out how in the world to get iTunes music to my GN2-kies.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Cant get that to work cause I need to be in Mass Storage Mode and I cant get my new ATT GN2 into Mass Storage Mode

Try uploading your music through google play. Have to download something (cant think of the name) and upload from itunes. Thats how I get my itunes music to google play music.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2(aka the all mighty galaxy note 2 )

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi351 View Post
    Try uploading your music through google play. Have to download something (cant think of the name) and upload from itunes. Thats how I get my itunes music to google play music.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2(aka the all mighty galaxy note 2 )
    Yes just use Google music. Install the manager for the computer and your set. Sign into your Google account and it will ask where you want to sync from one of the options will be iTunes after that your set it'll sync your music to the server and it'll be on your phone.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

What does mass storage mode have to do with anything? On pc navigate to where itunes stores your music. Copy it and paste the music in a folder on your internal/external sd card. I did this the same day I got the phone. All my iTunes purchased music plays fine.

Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Did you download the drivers for your phone. It seems I have to do this every couple of days because windows keeps installing its default drivers. After doing this I can use windows explorer to navigate to both internal and external memory abd have access to all files. No special programs needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    What does mass storage mode have to do with anything? On pc navigate to where itunes stores your music. Copy it and paste the music in a folder on your internal/external sd card. I did this the same day I got the phone. All my iTunes purchased music plays fine.
    After reading this thread I was surprised you were the only one that responded to this method. It is by far the easiest method I think just do it manually. That's one of the reasons I love Android because of this and the fact that I don't have to use a special (iTunes) program to manage my information on my phone. Just go to your music folder on your computer where you have your iTunes music stored. Then copy that folder and paste into SD card or phone memory when you plug your phone in. And voila! Unplug your phone and load up Google Music Player app or any other app that you use and it will read the music that you transferred over to it. So easy and having to use an program on your computer is such a pain lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by acordo01 View Post
    After reading this thread I was surprised you were the only one that responded to this method. It is by far the easiest method I think just do it manually. That's one of the reasons I love Android because of this and the fact that I don't have to use a special (iTunes) program to manage my information on my phone. Just go to your music folder on your computer where you have your iTunes music stored. Then copy that folder and paste into SD card or phone memory when you plug your phone in. And voila! Unplug your phone and load up Google Music Player app or any other app that you use and it will read the music that you transferred over to it. So easy and having to use an program on your computer is such a pain lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Well one thing is I want to use the SD Card but that only works over Bluetooth, the car does not recognize the SD Card, I was reading a few places this has to do with the change to MTP from UMS, it only sees the internal phone storage. And since I have the 16GB phone I don't want to put music there since that is the only place I can put apps unless I root it.

Also I have alot of older iTunes songs that have DRM and I need to first off get rid of that.

Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Are you trying to use read your music on a USB enabled car radio? If so I can see why you want mass storage mode but I dont think its gonna work.

As far as bluetooth not working well this may be a limitation of your car because bluetooth streaming works fine for both internal and external in my car. Actually your car should not even be a problem the music is actually being played on your phone. It is just being streamed to your car and amplified at the radio.