Application Manager: Running Apps

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
After running the update, and clearing up some minor issues, I opened the App Manager (Running) and it appears there are substantially more apps running than what was on 4.1.1.
Has anyone noticed that as well?
I counted 22 items.Edit/update below;
Settings, weatherbug, eweather hd, factory mode, att softwarre update, google services, clock digital, maps, GlanceView mk, media hub, google play store, samsung push service, s suggest, email, exchange services, SecPhone, simple alarm clock, att hot spot, svoice, synchronize, samsung keyboard.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
That sounds about right. I checked my RAM usage and it was almost 800 MB which is about the same as it was. You can clear your RAM to clear inactive and background processes if you want.

Long press home button, task manager (Pie chart button to left), RAM tab, clear memory.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
That sounds about right. I checked my RAM usage and it was almost 800 MB which is about the same as it was. You can clear your RAM to clear inactive and background processes if you want.

Long press home button, task manager (Pie chart button to left), RAM tab, clear memory.

Planoman, can you review the edit/ add I did to the original post. I listed all thats running. Im showing 816mb Ram used? Btw...thank you for your help.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just checked mine and I had 17 apps running and 881 RAM being used. Many of the apps you listed. Nice thing we have 2 GB RAM. Also android has a very efficient memory management system.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't clear the Ram? Have to say one thing for sure, this has to be the best device I've ever owned. It Loves me back♡♥♡♥!!

yeah dont worry about it, like you said it will run great as is especially with the amount of ram the phone has it should not even run through your mind

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
yeah dont worry about it, like you said it will run great as is especially with the amount of ram the phone has it should not even run through your mind

DroidXcon and Planoman.... I've noticed a change in Battery Consumption. Its not "quite as good" as before. Its a usage and "Eyeball" call. Did you notice that as well. Its probably due to all the running apps and stuff in the background running???

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon and Planoman.... I've noticed a change in Battery Consumption. Its not "quite as good" as before. Its a usage and "Eyeball" call. Did you notice that as well. Its probably due to all the running apps and stuff in the background running???
apps do not run in the background, they are in a type of suspended state unless they are designed to run in the background.

Eyeball? can you screen shot what you refering to and post it.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
apps do not run in the background, they are in a type of suspended state unless they are designed to run in the background.

Eyeball? can you screen shot what you refering to and post it.
DroidXcon...my usage is the same, im probably a little more active on the forum due to the update. When I said Eyeball, kind of like flying by the seat of your pants (lol) and watching the battery %. It just seems like its using battery a bit more than before.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon...my usage is the same, im probably a little more active on the forum due to the update. When I said Eyeball, kind of like flying by the seat of your pants (lol) and watching the battery %. It just seems like its using battery a bit more than before.
Well it could be placebo effect , or it could be true, maybe the DRM is scanning more often or the radios got updated and they are not as efficient. or maybe you are just using it a tad bit more. Are you seeing hours of different or just small increments?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Yes I've noticed this too, don't have exact figures but I have noticed that the battery level at night when I go to bed isn't as high as it was before the update. I would say about 10% less than it was before the update. Not a lot, but it is noticeable.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I cannot really tell with battery life. I have been off from work since last week and will not go back until later this week. Once I resume my schedule I will be able to tell more accurately based on my usage patterns. I ordered a extra battery and charger with my flip case/ tectile and 50% off accessory coupon from Samsung offer. Maybe the extra battery will come in handy when I am traveling if the battery life is worse...

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I cannot really tell with battery life. I have been off from work since last week and will not go back until later this week. Once I resume my schedule I will be able to tell more accurately based on my usage patterns. I ordered a extra battery and charger with my flip case/ tectile and 50% off accessory coupon from Samsung offer. Maybe the extra battery will come in handy when I am traveling if the battery life is worse...
Maybe 10% less dont think "worse" is the right term. Ive been trying to get a smart dock with the 50% off coupon....constantly out of inventory. I starting to wonder if I clear the ram...will it help with the battery usage.??

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes I've noticed this too, don't have exact figures but I have noticed that the battery level at night when I go to bed isn't as high as it was before the update. I would say about 10% less than it was before the update. Not a lot, but it is noticeable.

You hit the nail on the head!!! Exactly. Did you try clearing your Ram yet? I have a funky feeling that there is stuff running thats using battery.