Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery Usage after update to 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by TosspotDj View Post
    I got an upgrade whilst I was in Dubai. Its killing my battery!

Anyone give me tips. (I have a UK phone, via Vodafone - unlocked)

Feel free to talk to me like I am a dummy
    Did u disable all the bloatware? Maybe do a factory setting. I know I had problems with my battery after the update but I realize it wasnt the update it was the apps I had not bloatware but apps I had installed. Also check to see what apps may be running in the background can help

Sent from my lovely note 2

Yes the battery does drain fast than previous 4.1.1. I usually have 30 - 40% by EOD now though its like 15 - 20%. I mean its not horrible you do get the multiview, but its definitely noticeable. I hope they release a fix for that issue.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Lowe1 View Post
    Yes the battery does drain fast than previous 4.1.1. I usually have 30 - 40% by EOD now though its like 15 - 20%. I mean its not horrible you do get the multiview, but its definitely noticeable. I hope they release a fix for that issue.
    A comprehensive change log would be so very helpful but no one seems to be able to get ATT or Samsung to do so, and each claim the other has it. Alot of GN2 owners are complaining about the change in Battery Performance due to the 4.1.2 upgrade.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

@James Falconer
    James there are many GN2 owners who have experienced a battery performance degradation after the 4.1.2 update Jelly Bean was applied. While there have been workarounds from many generous ops here on AC, no one seems to be able to get AT&T or Samsung to provide a factual or comprehensive change log showing adds, deletes and enhancements or a reasonable statement from either regarding this issue.
    I was hopeful maybe Phil, Chris or Andrew could shake the tree of knowledge and see if they can get one. I recently received email from a senior forum manager at XDA. Even they cant get one. Hope you can help, everyone is scratching their heads wondering why such a reasonable request isnt being granted and a forthright statement about whats causing the battery performance to drop substantially should be made by either Samsung or AT&T.
    Thank you
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12