Battery Usage after update to 4.1.2

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
After the update, I intially sensed that battery usage has increased or is less than the stellar performance I had on 4.1.1.
I have been paying attention more so lately and I have to say it did indeed change. It still seems good, but it certainly appears to be using battery " more rapidly " than previously.

Anyone else noticing the same? I also noticed after the update there was alot more apps or things running in manage apps> running than previous on 4.1.1.

Something is using more battery?
Charge times are faste

Solution found★★★★★★
Disable all att apps put them 8n folder after disabling

Last edited:

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
After the update, I intially sensed that battery usage has increased or is less than the stellar performance I had on 4.1.1.
I have been paying attention more so lately and I have to say it did indeed change. It still seems good, but it certainly appears to be using battery " more rapidly " than previously.

Anyone else noticing the same? I also noticed after the update there was alot more apps or things running in manage apps> running than previous on 4.1.1.

Something is using more battery?
Charge times are faster!

Hmmnnn, you did charge times are faster but less actual longevity? I wonder if it's the charging method. LucidMike had a video on the best way to charge and I have seen much improved time after employing it.

It requires either the standalone charger and battery accessory or in my case, I simply turn the phones off at night to charge. He stated that this gives the best peak charge and so far, I have to agree. It especially affects how long it takes to go from 100 to 90% and 20 to 5%.

Now, it takes both a few hours each, where as before, especially the 100-90, it would happen much faster. You may want to try that? :thumbup:

Sent using Note II

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmmnnn, you did charge times are faster but less actual longevity? I wonder if it's the charging method. LucidMike had a video on the best way to charge and I have seen much improved time after employing it.

It requires either the standalone charger and battery accessory or in my case, I simply turn the phones off at night to charge. He stated that this gives the best peak charge and so far, I have to agree. It especially affects how long it takes to go from 100 to 90% and 20 to 5%.

Now, it takes both a few hours each, where as before, especially the 100-90, it would happen much faster. You may want to try that? :thumbup:

Sent using Note II
Scratching my head..all I did was run a update. Nothing really changed. Why would that impact battery usage?

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Scratching my head..all I did was run a update. Nothing really changed. Why would that impact battery usage?

Not necessarily. It depends on what they changed. It took it from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2, so it isn't small as far as change is concerned. That's why I suggested a factory reset. That would set it to what it should be without the overhead of added applications. Because your running stock, there's nothing wrong with doing the factory reset and it doesn't void anything. If that doesn't fix it, it's their issue. Because everything happened after the update right?

At the store, at most, that's all they are going to do anyhow.

As I mentioned, sometimes an update ota (which is why I don't like them, and yes I'm in the minority on this) doesn't hit the device correctly. All that is needed is a few data packets to stutter and there you go with an issue. I would always rather do a physical connection versus wireless. That's just me.

I would have factory reset it long ago. It is just like starting on a clean slate with the operating system. Then, you run your Google play and it will pick up your apps. You may have to reset that road runner n but as long as you have your settings, it's just a plug and go!

Sent using Note II

anon(590893)

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed my battery life go from stellar to just less than stellar. ItsaRaid, have you ran a factory reset yet? I've been contemplating that.

sunilking

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes indeed noticed a big difference in the battery usage!!
After a full dau usage, I realized that my Note 2 used almost 25% more battery!
Alarming considering that 4.1.1 was giving an amazing battery back up..
Can someone advice how to go back to 4.1.1 :-(

Sent on my Note 2.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed my battery life go from stellar to just less than stellar. ItsaRaid, have you ran a factory reset yet? I've been contemplating that.

I had a long Dr. Appointment today. Just got back. 3 hours 8% used
batt from full..very light usage....checked email several times.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Its not showing in running apps..what is it?

It should be under ALL app, AT&T Locker. A while back when they updated the version on it, most of us had to back out of the update to get back our battery life. If you read the reviews on Play store, the update kills the battery on many phones not just the Note II. I just wonder if AT&T sneak in some of their own software updates on top of the OS update. Mine is version 1.0.0.0.2 and it is the original stock version from AT&T without any updates.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey a buddy of mine updated his phone to 4.1.2. He noticed his vattery not lasting as long either. It ended up being some updated bloatware app that was using more power than it should.

I just uninstalled all theupdates for the bloatware apps and disabled them. He says battery life is back to normal

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey a buddy of mine updated his phone to 4.1.2. He noticed his vattery not lasting as long either. It ended up being some updated bloatware app that was using more power than it should.

I just uninstalled all theupdates for the bloatware apps and disabled them. He says battery life is back to normal
Can you kindly list the apps that you disabled, I wouldnt be surprised at all if the culprit (s) belong to AT&T.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Can you list all the apps you disabled please, would be a great help. Thank you in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy