Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Usage after update to 4.1.2

After the update, I intially sensed that battery usage has increased or is less than the stellar performance I had on 4.1.1.
    I have been paying attention more so lately and I have to say it did indeed change. It still seems good, but it certainly appears to be using battery " more rapidly " than previously.

Anyone else noticing the same? I also noticed after the update there was alot more apps or things running in manage apps> running than previous on 4.1.1.

Something is using more battery?
    Charge times are faste

Solution found★★★★★★
    Disable all att apps put them 8n folder after disabling
    Last edited by ItsaRaid; 01-03-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Default Re: Battery Usage after update to 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    After the update, I intially sensed that battery usage has increased or is less than the stellar performance I had on 4.1.1.
    I have been paying attention more so lately and I have to say it did indeed change. It still seems good, but it certainly appears to be using battery " more rapidly " than previously.

Anyone else noticing the same? I also noticed after the update there was alot more apps or things running in manage apps> running than previous on 4.1.1.

Something is using more battery?
    Charge times are faster!
    Hmmnnn, you did charge times are faster but less actual longevity? I wonder if it's the charging method. LucidMike had a video on the best way to charge and I have seen much improved time after employing it.

It requires either the standalone charger and battery accessory or in my case, I simply turn the phones off at night to charge. He stated that this gives the best peak charge and so far, I have to agree. It especially affects how long it takes to go from 100 to 90% and 20 to 5%.

Now, it takes both a few hours each, where as before, especially the 100-90, it would happen much faster. You may want to try that? :thumbup:

Sent using Note II
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by MatroxD View Post
    Hmmnnn, you did charge times are faster but less actual longevity? I wonder if it's the charging method. LucidMike had a video on the best way to charge and I have seen much improved time after employing it.

It requires either the standalone charger and battery accessory or in my case, I simply turn the phones off at night to charge. He stated that this gives the best peak charge and so far, I have to agree. It especially affects how long it takes to go from 100 to 90% and 20 to 5%.

Now, it takes both a few hours each, where as before, especially the 100-90, it would happen much faster. You may want to try that? :thumbup:

Sent using Note II
    Scratching my head..all I did was run a update. Nothing really changed. Why would that impact battery usage?

Scratching my head..all I did was run a update. Nothing really changed. Why would that impact battery usage?
    Not necessarily. It depends on what they changed. It took it from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2, so it isn't small as far as change is concerned. That's why I suggested a factory reset. That would set it to what it should be without the overhead of added applications. Because your running stock, there's nothing wrong with doing the factory reset and it doesn't void anything. If that doesn't fix it, it's their issue. Because everything happened after the update right?

At the store, at most, that's all they are going to do anyhow.

As I mentioned, sometimes an update ota (which is why I don't like them, and yes I'm in the minority on this) doesn't hit the device correctly. All that is needed is a few data packets to stutter and there you go with an issue. I would always rather do a physical connection versus wireless. That's just me.

I would have factory reset it long ago. It is just like starting on a clean slate with the operating system. Then, you run your Google play and it will pick up your apps. You may have to reset that road runner n but as long as you have your settings, it's just a plug and go!

Sent using Note II

I've noticed my battery life go from stellar to just less than stellar. ItsaRaid, have you ran a factory reset yet? I've been contemplating that.
    I'll have an Ice Cream Sandwich with Jelly Beans on the side. Oh, and can I get a slice of Key Lime Pie?

Yes indeed noticed a big difference in the battery usage!!
    After a full dau usage, I realized that my Note 2 used almost 25% more battery!
    Alarming considering that 4.1.1 was giving an amazing battery back up..
    Can someone advice how to go back to 4.1.1 :-(

Sent on my Note 2.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by netstars22 View Post
    I've noticed my battery life go from stellar to just less than stellar. ItsaRaid, have you ran a factory reset yet? I've been contemplating that.
    I had a long Dr. Appointment today. Just got back. 3 hours 8% used
    batt from full..very light usage....checked email several times.

Which version of AT&T Locker do you have with the new updated OS? Maybe it has the new version that drains battery?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by lostchild View Post
    Which version of AT&T Locker do you have with the new updated OS? Maybe it has the new version that drains battery?
    Its not showing in running apps..what is it?

ROM
    Stock

Nope. Battery is just perfect on mine.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    Nope. Battery is just perfect on mine.

Aren't you rooted?

ROM
    Stock

Aren't you rooted?
    Nope, unrooted and rolling stock. :thumbup:

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Nope, unrooted and rolling stock. :thumbup:

Are you using Adobe Flash?

Its not showing in running apps..what is it?
    It should be under ALL app, AT&T Locker. A while back when they updated the version on it, most of us had to back out of the update to get back our battery life. If you read the reviews on Play store, the update kills the battery on many phones not just the Note II. I just wonder if AT&T sneak in some of their own software updates on top of the OS update. Mine is version 1.0.0.0.2 and it is the original stock version from AT&T without any updates.

ROM
    Stock

Are you using Adobe Flash?
    I have it installed on my note yes.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I have it installed on my note yes.

Which version?

ROM
    Stock

It says 10.4.2

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Hey a buddy of mine updated his phone to 4.1.2. He noticed his vattery not lasting as long either. It ended up being some updated bloatware app that was using more power than it should.

I just uninstalled all theupdates for the bloatware apps and disabled them. He says battery life is back to normal
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Hey a buddy of mine updated his phone to 4.1.2. He noticed his vattery not lasting as long either. It ended up being some updated bloatware app that was using more power than it should.

I just uninstalled all theupdates for the bloatware apps and disabled them. He says battery life is back to normal
    Can you kindly list the apps that you disabled, I wouldnt be surprised at all if the culprit (s) belong to AT&T.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post

Can you list all the apps you disabled please, would be a great help. Thank you in advance
    ska916jedi likes this.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I really cant. I have cleanrom installed. But before I installed it I went through and force stop and diabled all the att specific apps such navigation and smart wifi. Basically anything that was att specific. The only things I currently have are visual voicemail and myatt. It really is super simple to do. Just go and look at the list for ALL apps in application manager and disable the ones that are att specific. It will give yiu some bs about causing problems

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Best thing to do is go and stick all the att apps in one folder. Figure out which apps you will never use. I.e. att navigation wtf is that for...thats what we have google navi for. Now just go and into application manager and disable only these apps.

Stupid apps are redundant on this thing. Att locker is the same as dropbox or anyother cloud service. My advice is get a high memory sd card, put everything on it and disable these battery draining apps.
    MatroxD and ska916jedi like this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Jdub 1981 and MatroxD
    I found the culprit. It was indeed the upgrades they did to the att app when we upgraded to 4. I. 2 I disabled them and voila im back to my fabulous battery life again.
    MatroxD likes this.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Good stuff man. Glad to hear it. Seems that most of the problems we are having on these forums can be attributed to faulty apps not faulty phones.

I got an upgrade whilst I was in Dubai. Its killing my battery!

Anyone give me tips. (I have a UK phone, via Vodafone - unlocked)

Feel free to talk to me like I am a dummy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast