email problems

MasTeR.LeGenD

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
So when I try to send a email its is giving me this error:unable to send email no private key available to sign email. Create key?

Sorry for my noobness this is my 1st droid.
I have my gmail and my 2 yahoos synced I recieve yet cannot send I get the above error.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like you have some security setting for private or encrypted email turned on. Do you have any enterprise accounts set up? I'd try to find a setting for secure or encrypted email and turn it off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

Rebecca Fenn

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I tried your suggestion and still cannot reply to emails. I get an icon on the subject line of my email that looks like a medallion on a certificate and I get the error message "Unable to send email. No private key available to sign email. Create key?" There are two options buttons below the message for "no" or "yes."

Last edited:

Cottonci

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have just found the problem last night. I fixed it by accident this afternoon (definitely not an Android Jedi, so if this doesn't work for you sorry I cant help)

Open your email account
select the Settings button (On the Samsung S4 Lower LH button)
Select the account
select Security Options (On the Samsung S4)
Unselect Sign all

If in an email, select the settings (On the Samsung S4 Lower LH Button)
select Security Options
Unselect Sign all

Hope this works for you.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
After doing the horrible update my Hotmail doesn't push anymore. Its bs. I HATE the new updates! Anyone know if I can downgrade back to the horrible screen rotation because thats worth putting up with.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
May have to go into your hotmail email setting and turn off manual push and set to sync automatifally.

Sent via Tapatalk using Galaxy Note 2

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
May have to go into your hotmail email setting and turn off manual push and set to sync automatifally.

only options are push (what I have on because I thought that meant instantly), manual, 2 hours, 4 hours, etc

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Go to this screen in the email settings menu and uncheck the encrypt all and sign all box. Shouldn't need keys anymore.
mynybu3a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze