4.1.2. Adds/Changes

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am hopeful one of our Mods or Editors will give Samsung a shake and list all the adds and changes that occured in th 4.1.2 upgrade. Also what is the target for 4.2.
Thank you in advance

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I would like to know this as well. Multiview cant be the only thing they added. 178meg update is an awful lot just to add one new feature.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You would be surprised how much an update can change just by redefining the way the OS is coded. They make small changes, to make things smoother or cut corners, etc.. So just because its a huge file size doesn't mean that they necessarily added a boat load of new features it could be much of the old just recoded to be more efficient.

Edit: The original change log for 4.1.2 was as follows.. Not to say Samsung/carrier didn't load in more changes.

• Lock/home screen rotation support for the Nexus 7[SUP][/SUP]
  • One-finger gestures to expand/collapse notifications[SUP][/SUP]
  • Bug fixes and performance enhancements

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
They changed the toggle switches up in the N bar. As you mentioned the multi Windows, and for visible changes I think that's it.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
You would be surprised how much an update can change just by redefining the way the OS is coded. They make small changes, to make things smoother or cut corners, etc.. So just because its a huge file size doesn't mean that they necessarily added a boat load of new features it could be much of the old just recoded to be more efficient.

Edit: The original change log for 4.1.2 was as follows.. Not to say Samsung/carrier didn't load in more changes.

• Lock/home screen rotation support for the Nexus 7[SUP][/SUP]
  • One-finger gestures to expand/collapse notifications[SUP][/SUP]
  • Bug fixes and performance enhancements

Does Samsung publish a complete change log of what was done.? Naming the bug fixes and enhancements.? If so, how do we get it?.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
One change I noticed is that 4.1.2 fixes the integration of Google Voice with the dialer. Previously, if you placed a call using GV, the dialer and the call log showed the GV proxy number in place of the outgoing-call number. Now, the outgoing call number is properly shown instead.

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
They changed the toggle switches up in the N bar. As you mentioned the multi Windows, and for visible changes I think that's it.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Is that what happened to my Bluetooth toggle? How do I get it back?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-04-07-09-43.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-04-07-09-43.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 30

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Does Samsung publish a complete change log of what was done.? Naming the bug fixes and enhancements.? If so, how do we get it?.

This would almost have to come from the carrier. Since each carrier likes to add their own bloat ware and occasionally some OS coding changes to suit their needs depending on what perks a carrier offers over another competitor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If you hover over a folder with the s-pen, you see all the apps

No sync quick toggle

Can get to accessibility by long pressing power button.

Those are all I know so far

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I would like to share the following with Forum Members and the Mods. Times are changing. I spoke extensively with AT&T Supervisor and received a call from Samsung ECR.
According to what I was told, "The only sofftware responsibility" the carrier has is solely to their own proprietary software and contractual agreements made with Samsung regarding the GN2.
My query was only to ask for a complete update log, changes, fixes, enhancements, ect going from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2. Obviously many things were changed, while I am not "complaining" I am not a dog chasing my own tail in a endless circle. I believe in all Ernest, it is proper to ask for a comprehensive and complete log so we are informed thats all.
Samsung may distribute the update but again they are solely responsible for their own stuff.
The person from Executive Customer Relations stated clearly... issues with software on the GN2 is a Google Issue and suggested I contacct them.
I also asked about a GN2 with more than 16gig ram. It is mandated and set by carrier not Samsung. Samsung is under a contractual agreement with AT&T as to how the device will be provisioned. (Hardware and Software).
Each one passed the buck, on the next one, up the chain.
Some carriers will provide a comprehensive change log regarding updates. The Galaxy Note 2 is probably the best of the rest out there today. I certainly have never owned a phone before that is as good and clearly generates a " I wont let you put me down". This is a incredible device.
This is also a incredible forum.
Samsung is a great Company. I do not understand why a comprehensive log cannot be shared with us all here on A/C..
CES is about to happen, Maybe Phil, Alex, or Chris can ask Sammy or Google for it and then post it on the Forum here.
Thank you for all the wonderful help I've had here on the Forum. Clearly this is a wonderful place to be with a device like the Galaxy Note 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that my camera has changed since I have updated to 4.1.2. I do not like it at all. It seems you must take your picture in the horizontal picture and view it only in the horizontal position before it will fill your screen. Where as before you could take a picture in the vertical position and view it vertically and it would fill your screen vertically. Now if you do that, the picture will turn horizontal and will not fill your screen. One of the reasons for buying the GN2 was for the big screen. :( I am deeply saddened now that I can not view a picture taking in the upright position that will fill the screen. :':)-\:confused: Can I do anything about this?

Last edited: