Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gary02468
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.1.2. Adds/Changes

I am hopeful one of our Mods or Editors will give Samsung a shake and list all the adds and changes that occured in th 4.1.2 upgrade. Also what is the target for 4.2.
    Thank you in advance

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Re: 4.1.2. Adds/Changes

I would like to know this as well. Multiview cant be the only thing they added. 178meg update is an awful lot just to add one new feature.

You would be surprised how much an update can change just by redefining the way the OS is coded. They make small changes, to make things smoother or cut corners, etc.. So just because its a huge file size doesn't mean that they necessarily added a boat load of new features it could be much of the old just recoded to be more efficient.

Edit: The original change log for 4.1.2 was as follows.. Not to say Samsung/carrier didn't load in more changes.

• Lock/home screen rotation support for the Nexus 7
    • One-finger gestures to expand/collapse notifications
    • Bug fixes and performance enhancements
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

K thank you.

ROM
    Stock

They changed the toggle switches up in the N bar. As you mentioned the multi Windows, and for visible changes I think that's it.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

Google Earth is a large file that I can't manage to uninstall.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    You would be surprised how much an update can change just by redefining the way the OS is coded. They make small changes, to make things smoother or cut corners, etc.. So just because its a huge file size doesn't mean that they necessarily added a boat load of new features it could be much of the old just recoded to be more efficient.

Edit: The original change log for 4.1.2 was as follows.. Not to say Samsung/carrier didn't load in more changes.

• Lock/home screen rotation support for the Nexus 7
    • One-finger gestures to expand/collapse notifications
    • Bug fixes and performance enhancements
    Does Samsung publish a complete change log of what was done.? Naming the bug fixes and enhancements.? If so, how do we get it?.

One change I noticed is that 4.1.2 fixes the integration of Google Voice with the dialer. Previously, if you placed a call using GV, the dialer and the call log showed the GV proxy number in place of the outgoing-call number. Now, the outgoing call number is properly shown instead.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    They changed the toggle switches up in the N bar. As you mentioned the multi Windows, and for visible changes I think that's it.

Is that what happened to my Bluetooth toggle? How do I get it back?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.1.2. Adds/Changes-screenshot_2013-01-04-07-09-43.png  

Quote Originally Posted by kryptoniteguy View Post
    No, the Bluetooth toggle is still there. You just have to scroll to it.
    SenseMonkey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Does Samsung publish a complete change log of what was done.? Naming the bug fixes and enhancements.? If so, how do we get it?.
    This would almost have to come from the carrier. Since each carrier likes to add their own bloat ware and occasionally some OS coding changes to suit their needs depending on what perks a carrier offers over another competitor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kryptoniteguy View Post
    Like one of the members said, scroll to the right of the Z toggles and is next to the Multi Window toggle.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Gary02468 View Post
    No, the Bluetooth toggle is still there. You just have to scroll to it.
    Thanks, just wasn't patient enough to look over to the right.

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

If you hover over a folder with the s-pen, you see all the apps

No sync quick toggle

Can get to accessibility by long pressing power button.

Those are all I know so far

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Paul... has the AC site changed? Its all different now
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I would like to share the following with Forum Members and the Mods. Times are changing. I spoke extensively with AT&T Supervisor and received a call from Samsung ECR.
    According to what I was told, "The only sofftware responsibility" the carrier has is solely to their own proprietary software and contractual agreements made with Samsung regarding the GN2.
    My query was only to ask for a complete update log, changes, fixes, enhancements, ect going from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2. Obviously many things were changed, while I am not "complaining" I am not a dog chasing my own tail in a endless circle. I believe in all Ernest, it is proper to ask for a comprehensive and complete log so we are informed thats all.
    Samsung may distribute the update but again they are solely responsible for their own stuff.
    The person from Executive Customer Relations stated clearly... issues with software on the GN2 is a Google Issue and suggested I contacct them.
    I also asked about a GN2 with more than 16gig ram. It is mandated and set by carrier not Samsung. Samsung is under a contractual agreement with AT&T as to how the device will be provisioned. (Hardware and Software).
    Each one passed the buck, on the next one, up the chain.
    Some carriers will provide a comprehensive change log regarding updates. The Galaxy Note 2 is probably the best of the rest out there today. I certainly have never owned a phone before that is as good and clearly generates a " I wont let you put me down". This is a incredible device.
    This is also a incredible forum.
    Samsung is a great Company. I do not understand why a comprehensive log cannot be shared with us all here on A/C..
    CES is about to happen, Maybe Phil, Alex, or Chris can ask Sammy or Google for it and then post it on the Forum here.
    Thank you for all the wonderful help I've had here on the Forum. Clearly this is a wonderful place to be with a device like the Galaxy Note 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Post Re: 4.1.2. Adds/Changes

I have noticed that my camera has changed since I have updated to 4.1.2. I do not like it at all. It seems you must take your picture in the horizontal picture and view it only in the horizontal position before it will fill your screen. Where as before you could take a picture in the vertical position and view it vertically and it would fill your screen vertically. Now if you do that, the picture will turn horizontal and will not fill your screen. One of the reasons for buying the GN2 was for the big screen. I am deeply saddened now that I can not view a picture taking in the upright position that will fill the screen. Can I do anything about this?
    Last edited by CherieConvertsFromIPhone; 01-07-2013 at 04:02 PM.