Difference between s3 and note 2?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Why is It worth getting one? Isn't it just a bigger s3 pretty much?

Sent from my S3 from AT&T

Faster quad core processor ,smoother, Better battery life. S pen functionality, world phone. They have the same design and touchwiz but thats about it

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Faster quad core processor ,smoother, Better battery life. S pen functionality, world phone. They have the same design and touchwiz but thats about it

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

1+
Battery life alone worth the upgrade. My 3 yrs old boy took over my nexus 7 since I got the note 2. I read all my technical books on my note 2 now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
The Display on the Note2 is drop dead gorgeous. It does NOT have the typical Sammy bluish cast. Whites are white and crisp. Good brightness, more so than the S3.
Size is subjective. Wait till you do a few you tubes or movies on the GN2. You'll never want to use anything else again (for the time being)

This is the LeBron James of devices, truly a champion

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The Display on the Note2 is drop dead gorgeous. It does NOT have the typical Sammy bluish cast. Whites are white and crisp. Good brightness, more so than the S3.
Size is subjective. Wait till you do a few you tubes or movies on the GN2. You'll never want to use anything else again (for the time being)

This is the LeBron James of devices, truly a champion

+1 Very awesome display. Very much improved from the s3. Battery is awesome. Been getting +5.5hrs of screen time. :thumbup::D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have both and I thought the S3 was amazing until I used the N2 for a week and went back to the S3 for a day.

Battery is AMAZING! With average use it can go 2 days easy. Screen is brighter and bigger, faster, smoother, and having a pen is cool. Speaker and earpiece are much louder too.

Now the S3 feels really tiny in a bad way. I put my sum in my old iphone 4 and I literally got a headache from squinting.

The N2 has ruined me and now I can't go back to a smaller phone and stuck with this big size phone for good.

The S3 is now a travel phone. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the s3 felt eh about it..
I loved the phone, but I ended up buying the iphone 5 shortly after
(I know right what was I thinking)
But I got the note 2 for Christmas and I absolutely love it..
I don't have to charge it as often
The battery easily lasts 2 days and it's stopped the habit or more like OCD of me always having my phone on a charger.
The screen is gorgeous, it's an attention magnet everyone is like omg what phone is that. My gf who is an apple lover always says is so jealous specially after I show her s pen functionality and the way the pictures look amazingly stunning(she's an instagram freak) I owned the OG note and I used it for 2 weeks and hated it, only reason was because it felt sluggish and didn't have ics, it was one of my first Android devices so I didn't know about all the custom roms and tweaks I could have made it a lot better. But to sum it all, the note 2 is a powerful device. Exynos quad core clocked at a higher speed than the s3, never seen this thing lag. It feels good in the hands and love the s pen. I love using it with swype it makes it faster to type.

The s3 seems like a downgrade from the note 2. And best buy mobile had it on sale for 249.99 and I had a 200 gift card. Made it a no Brainer for me!

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Good points all around but your biggest noticeable difference is how gorgeous the display is and how lightning quick this phone is. After a few hours of heavy use my S3 use to stutter or hesitate when app switching from a long press on the home button. The Note 2 powerhouses any thing I throw at it. I can be on a call, texting, and looking something up on a map or the Web with multi view and the phone doesn't skip a beat.

Also +1 on the battery life.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357439236214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357439236214.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 46

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Plays ingress like a boss too. I'm getting six hours of play time with the note 2 compared to 45 minutes with my gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, all. I'm running an Infuse: not long ago the largest display in the phone market. I'm feeling the need for something a little bigger and considering the Note 2. But I understand that the display on the Note 2 is the same resolution as the Infuse, just made larger by decreased pixel density. Not sure that's the way to go, so I'm considering waiting till there's a decent phablet that drives 1080P. A number of the posts in this thread have made a really strong point about the display being gorgeous. Do you think a 1080P display the same size or a few mm larger would be visibly nicer or not? Have you driven a big screen TV monitor from the phone and is the image still good? It seems that a number of competing phablets with 1080P are heading to market in 2013.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Lucidmuke has youtube video where you can see it in action. Check it out but watch from a big PC monitor, not a small screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2