1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Help with " images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal SD Card"

I am preparing to root my new Verizon Galaxy Note 2 . I am following an Android Central article: which recommends the checklist below be done before rooting .
    SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
    Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
    Call Log - Call Log and Restore
    Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
    APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”

I would appreciate some help with Item:
    :mages, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card, How do I A.)locate all the :images, Songs, Videos, Files on the Galaxy Note 2 and they once located , B.)Transfer them to my internal Micro SD card?

Default Re: Help with " images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal SD Card"

Your phone has 2 locations you can store stuff, the internal memory and external memory. The internal memory is the ~10GB of free space. The external memory is the sdcard you put into the phone. Since there is a chance you would wipe your internal memory (pictures, images, files and such) it is always a good idea after you use the programs listed in your post, to copy everything to your external card. This is what I do. First make sure you have enough free space on your external card; I use for that. If you don't plug your phone into your computer and backup everything to your PC

To copy
    1. Download the app called .

2. When you open the app it will open to your internal memory. Press menu, select Operations and select "Select All". Then click the copy icon at the top.

3. Now press the Star icon "Favoriates" and select "/storage/extSdCard/" option

4. Press menu again and click (+) New --> Folder. Give it a name; I use Internal-SDCard-Backup-1-4-13

5. Now open that folder and click the paste button at the top

6. Walk away for a few minutes.

7. Now you have your files backed-up to your external card

If you just want to backup your music, pictures and files. Then using the same methods, instead of selecting everything in step 2, go through and multi-select the folders you want. Pictures are in "DCIM" and music is where ever you put it.
    Last edited by james27007; 01-04-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Help with " images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal SD Card"

It's a lot easier to use Dropbox or Google drive IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.