Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By barskin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default When I hover my s pen over my email an annoying female voice reads them

Does anyone know how to stop this? its driving me nuts. Thanks

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: When I hover my s pen over my email an annoying female voice reads them

You probably have talk back enabled in accessibility settings. Disable it and report back if it works or not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: When I hover my s pen over my email an annoying female voice reads them

I checked, talk back is off, it only reads emails...it does not talk back in any other app

Is this in the Gmail app or Samsung email app?

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

good question, I have a mac mail account...it does not do it on gmail but it does it whenever I am in my mac mail account--?

I am also having this problem. It only occurs when the s-pen is out of the dock and my phone reads my emails to me. Talk back is off, I also went into the settings and unchecked every option under talk back and then turned talk back off again. Driving Mode is off. It does not do it in my Yahoo mail app. It only reads it to me in the Samsung mail app that came on the phone. Help. It drives me nuts.

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Frank00077 View Post
    I checked, talk back is off, it only reads emails...it does not talk back in any other app
    Okay, I confess...It's me! I've been sneaking around and reading emails to you behind your back, just for a hoot! Hah! Gotcha!

I'm not too cool with your calling the sound of my voice, "annyoying," though... Most people like it....
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
    Jonneh and Johnly like this.

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mahaflac View Post
    I am also having this problem. It only occurs when the s-pen is out of the dock and my phone reads my emails to me. Talk back is off, I also went into the settings and unchecked every option under talk back and then turned talk back off again. Driving Mode is off. It does not do it in my Yahoo mail app. It only reads it to me in the Samsung mail app that came on the phone. Help. It drives me nuts.
    Do you have Lightflow installed by chance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM WHOOHOO.. I do not have Lighflow installed on my phone. However, after many hours, I have discovered the source of my phone talking to me. I did a grid type search of my settings, going from setting to setting and turning items off and then back on if it did not help the situation. Unfortunately, it was on the bottom of the settings page that I found my answer. I discovered that my phone was talking on any app that had a folder setup such as email, att locker, folders that I set up etc..... In hopes of finding a better notification tool for text messages, emails, voice mails I downloaded an app called iPhone notifications. This app was the cause of my problems. By going to (1) settings (2) Accessibility (3)Notifications (4)iPhone Notifications (5) Turn to off. I have solved all my issues. I do not understand why this app would cause the problems but it did. I turned the notifications off and the talking stopped. I turned it back on and the talking started again, so I turned it all off and problem solved.

Frank00077 by chance do you have this app installed on your phone. Maybe this will help.

I just Downloaded light flow and the same thing happens. When I turn off the notifications, the talking stops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Having same annoying woman voice and tried all the suggestions and can't get her to shut up. Deleted iPhone notifications. Any other suggestions?

I FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM WHOOHOO.. I do not have Lighflow installed on my phone. However, after many hours, I have discovered the source of my phone talking to me. I did a grid type search of my settings, going from setting to setting and turning items off and then back on if it did not help the situation. Unfortunately, it was on the bottom of the settings page that I found my answer. I discovered that my phone was talking on any app that had a folder setup such as email, att locker, folders that I set up etc..... In hopes of finding a better notification tool for text messages, emails, voice mails I downloaded an app called iPhone notifications. This app was the cause of my problems. By going to (1) settings (2) Accessibility (3)Notifications (4)iPhone Notifications (5) Turn to off. I have solved all my issues. I do not understand why this app would cause the problems but it did. I turned the notifications off and the talking stopped. I turned it back on and the talking started again, so I turned it all off and problem solved.

Frank00077 by chance do you have this app installed on your phone. Maybe this will help.
    Sorry I just saw this thread.

Yes this is a known bug in 4.1.2 and will be fixed in 4.2.2.

You can work around this by using another launcher like nova launcher or go launcher. This seems to be happening when you are using the stock touchwiz launcher and apps are being activated in accessibility.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Good to know, Android behaves erratically with iphone app ... lol