When I hover my s pen over my email an annoying female voice reads them

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You probably have talk back enabled in accessibility settings. Disable it and report back if it works or not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Mahaflac

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I am also having this problem. It only occurs when the s-pen is out of the dock and my phone reads my emails to me. Talk back is off, I also went into the settings and unchecked every option under talk back and then turned talk back off again. Driving Mode is off. It does not do it in my Yahoo mail app. It only reads it to me in the Samsung mail app that came on the phone. Help. It drives me nuts.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I checked, talk back is off, it only reads emails...it does not talk back in any other app

Okay, I confess...It's me! I've been sneaking around and reading emails to you behind your back, just for a hoot! Hah! Gotcha!

I'm not too cool with your calling the sound of my voice, "annyoying," though... Most people like it....:(

Admorris

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am also having this problem. It only occurs when the s-pen is out of the dock and my phone reads my emails to me. Talk back is off, I also went into the settings and unchecked every option under talk back and then turned talk back off again. Driving Mode is off. It does not do it in my Yahoo mail app. It only reads it to me in the Samsung mail app that came on the phone. Help. It drives me nuts.

Do you have Lightflow installed by chance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mahaflac

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM WHOOHOO.. I do not have Lighflow installed on my phone. However, after many hours, I have discovered the source of my phone talking to me. I did a grid type search of my settings, going from setting to setting and turning items off and then back on if it did not help the situation. Unfortunately, it was on the bottom of the settings page that I found my answer. I discovered that my phone was talking on any app that had a folder setup such as email, att locker, folders that I set up etc..... In hopes of finding a better notification tool for text messages, emails, voice mails I downloaded an app called iPhone notifications. This app was the cause of my problems. By going to (1) settings (2) Accessibility (3)Notifications (4)iPhone Notifications (5) Turn to off. I have solved all my issues. I do not understand why this app would cause the problems but it did. I turned the notifications off and the talking stopped. I turned it back on and the talking started again, so I turned it all off and problem solved.

Frank00077 by chance do you have this app installed on your phone. Maybe this will help.

Mahaflac

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I just Downloaded light flow and the same thing happens. When I turn off the notifications, the talking stops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

DezyneMED1A

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Having same annoying woman voice and tried all the suggestions and can't get her to shut up. Deleted iPhone notifications. Any other suggestions?

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM WHOOHOO.. I do not have Lighflow installed on my phone. However, after many hours, I have discovered the source of my phone talking to me. I did a grid type search of my settings, going from setting to setting and turning items off and then back on if it did not help the situation. Unfortunately, it was on the bottom of the settings page that I found my answer. I discovered that my phone was talking on any app that had a folder setup such as email, att locker, folders that I set up etc..... In hopes of finding a better notification tool for text messages, emails, voice mails I downloaded an app called iPhone notifications. This app was the cause of my problems. By going to (1) settings (2) Accessibility (3)Notifications (4)iPhone Notifications (5) Turn to off. I have solved all my issues. I do not understand why this app would cause the problems but it did. I turned the notifications off and the talking stopped. I turned it back on and the talking started again, so I turned it all off and problem solved.

Frank00077 by chance do you have this app installed on your phone. Maybe this will help.

Sorry I just saw this thread.

Yes this is a known bug in 4.1.2 and will be fixed in 4.2.2.

You can work around this by using another launcher like nova launcher or go launcher. This seems to be happening when you are using the stock touchwiz launcher and apps are being activated in accessibility.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Good to know, Android behaves erratically with iphone app ... lol ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer