Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Another wifi issue !! SOLVED !!

Yes, lol, good call!

I have been doing networking/pc troubleshooting for years. It's, for me, one of those things just ingrained in my brain.

The repeaters they have it now are great, as they work very easily and effectively. I almost recommend them by default for those that have multiple level homes or like going, for instance outside a lot. You just plug one in near the spot thats slow, or you "want"a clear signal, a Viola, never an issue again for that area period!

A lot of times, unless you have an extremely large floorplan/square footage home, it will boost the signal on the entire floor(that is, if that is your goal). I love them, I just use one that is like a dummy router, as it allows me to run an external amplified antenna that boosts the signal even more.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Yeah my dad took one of his old routers and turned it into a repeater. I should see if hes got another one he could do that with.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

You can pick up an encore router on amazon for less than $30 that has repeater mode. I recommend them as I use them myself. Grab one of he can't hook you up.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Before you spend any money, get an app called Wifi Analyzer.

Compare the signal strength in various parts of both houses, that should tell you if you need more hardware. And also check the channels you and the neighbors use. You can change that on your router if you need to.
    Scott Kenyon likes this.

Alright thanks. :-).

Is there such a thing as a 4G/LTE mini cell?

I know the term sounds familiar, but I don't know what it exactly is.

Is it referring to the portable devices that you can use to create a shared hotspot by taping into the wireless carriers network?

If so, I have only witnessed one in use, and with the technology in these devices, unless you just have to host quite a few nodes (in this case portable), I would just use my phone? To be honest, I am not well versed in this type of communication. I had thought about purchasing one, just to tinker, but I just can't justify the expense within.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

I have a problem ever since a couple days ago my wifi has not been working on my phone. I click the wifi check box it says scanning for a little bit... & then it say "Unable To Scan For Networks" my router is perfectly fine. I need help.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12