4.1.2 update features.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
This is what I've learned so far..

Sent from Miss Peaches GN2

Minus The New toggle switches; At&t removed that.
Edit: *New Additions in Notifcation Toggles
*Notification Panel can now be customized
*Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
*Multi-View Can now be disabled
*Browser Is Smoother Then Before
*Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
*Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
*New Ink Effect On Lockscreen
*New Group Cast Application

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Vinny Le

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I got the update yesterday... But I have one question. isn't there suposed to be the photo spear feature in the camera app?

mayfieldh

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
When is this 4.1.2 for att come out. Every time I check it says no updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Some things I've noticed and see if there is any clarification. I updated mine to 4.1.2 yesterday and have noticed the following:

1. I do not have an option to change Notification toggles.
2. I do not have an option to remove brightness slider.
3. I have always had the ink option on the lock screen, even before 4.1.2
4. I now have multi-view, finally.

So why am I getting half of an update here?

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Minus The New toggle switches; At&t removed that.
Edit: *New Additions in Notifcation Toggles
*Notification Panel can now be customized
*Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
*Multi-View Can now be disabled
*Browser Is Smoother Then Before
*Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
*Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
*New Ink Effect On Lockscreen

According to others posting and doing you tube reviews some of the listed items as changeable were disabled by AT&T. The above apparently is incorrect by virtue of what AT&T Didn't allow. This is why a accurate and comprehensive change log is crucially important to anyone wanting to know the correct functionality of their GN2.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
This is why a accurate and comprehensive change log is crucially important to anyone wanting to know the correct functionality of their GN2.

You can always consult Samsung's current user manual for the AT&T Note 2, revised for 4.1.2. Unfortunately, it doesn't list changes from the previous software. But it does say what the current software should be doing.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
You can always consult Samsung's current user manual for the AT&T Note 2, revised for 4.1.2. Unfortunately, it doesn't list changes from the previous software. But it does say what the current software should be doing.

Could you be kind enough to place a link to it here on this thread please.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I think they also improved the wifi radio or something, cause im not buffering anymore. You tubes, everything, video stream is so good its scary!

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
According to others posting and doing you tube reviews some of the listed items as changeable were disabled by AT&T. The above apparently is incorrect by virtue of what AT&T Didn't allow. This is why a accurate and comprehensive change log is crucially important to anyone wanting to know the correct functionality of their GN2.

I got that off a Samsung official website. Just going by the website son.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I dont understand what the big deal is about articulating a comprehensive log on what is or was changed, implemented, enhanced with the 4.1.2 upgrade on the Note2.
Its not as though someone is asking to have a hand in what will be done. I purchased a phone with a expectation of a specific feature set being implemented.
Hopefully maybe Phil, Alex or Chris will be able to wangle someone from Samsung, Google or AT&Tand get us the a comprehensive log on the 4.1.2 update.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a phone with a expectation of a specific feature set being implemented.

I agree with you that a changelog would be helpful. But as far as I know, every feature advertised or documented at the time of purchase was implemented then, and every feature currently advertised or documented is currently implemented.

Comparing the old and new versions of the user manual shows that Multi Window is the only newly documented feature.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you that a changelog would be helpful. But as far as I know, every feature advertised or documented at the time of purchase was implemented then, and every feature currently advertised or documented is currently implemented.

Comparing the old and new versions of the user manual shows that Multi Window is the only newly documented feature.

Gary, prior to the update I could not run a HD you tube without serious buffering occurring. After the update, they run flawlessly without any buffering. Same place, same location, same everything. The only difference is the update. While I am thankful, I'd like to know how this happened.
Also, my Battery time is not what it was prior to the update. Their have been numerous people here on the forum who have made a similar comment about their battery times post update.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Gary, prior to the update I could not run a HD you tube without serious buffering occurring. After the update, they run flawlessly without any buffering. Same place, same location, same everything. The only difference is the update. While I am thankful, I'd like to know how this happened.
Also, my Battery time is not what it was prior to the update. Their have been numerous people here on the forum who have made a similar comment about their battery times post update.

These are performance differences, not feature changes. But like I said, I agree that a changelog would be helpful.

For what it's worth, though, my HD streaming was fine (via both LTE and WiFi) both before and after the update; same for my battery endurance. So these performance issues are somewhat idiosyncratic, and a changelog might not help much in diagnosing them. But again, it would still be nice to have.

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
One cool feature is in the camera settings, you can now make the volume rocker take the picture.

For some reason AT&T sees it as a good idea to include this on the S3 but not the Note 2 4.1.2 or 4.1.2; unless I'm missing somethnig

Some things I've noticed and see if there is any clarification. I updated mine to 4.1.2 yesterday and have noticed the following:

1. I do not have an option to change Notification toggles.
2. I do not have an option to remove brightness slider.
3. I have always had the ink option on the lock screen, even before 4.1.2
4. I now have multi-view, finally.

So why am I getting half of an update here?

#1 & #2, AT&T Removed those options :(
#3. The ink is bigger and you can change the color of the ink
#4. Took long enough. Even though AT&T does not allow all apps, I was able to modify the apps to make it work with 99% of them.

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
One cool feature is in the camera settings, you can now make the volume rocker take the picture.

For some reason AT&T sees it as a good idea to include this on the S3 but not the Note 2 4.1.2 or 4.1.2; unless I'm missing somethnig

#1 & #2, AT&T Removed those options :(
#3. The ink is bigger and you can change the color of the ink
#4. Took long enough. Even though AT&T does not allow all apps, I was able to modify the apps to make it work with 99% of them.

Hey there James, how did you do #4? Did you root?:-$

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde