Droid noob

cdm13

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Just switched from an Iphone to the Note 2 and there is no comparison in my mind, I love it. I used to jailbreak all my old iDevices so Ive been looking into rooting my Note 2 but I'm not sure I want to do this yet. Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I was hoping someone can recommend some good Note 2/Jelly bean specific apps that are "essential" and/or point me to some threads that can help get me up to speed. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
For now, I recommend staying away from root. The only real reason you would want to root, is to install a rom; the problem there is it voids the warranty and sometimes you cannot remove the traces of root if something goes wrong.

Anyways, as for apps, there are lots out there. Looking for ones spicific to JB? Photoshop Touch (they say it is not compatible with our phones, but I am using it); Chrome; Google Now (which is already installed on your phone). I know there are more, but those are the ones I play with.

Also check out this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/search.php?searchid=1534671 it is a list of cool things you can do with the Note 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am rooted and have unrooted before. The only way you cant remove3 all traces is If you completely break your phone and cant turn the screen on. You can always unroot and use triangle away app to remove the amount of times you have flashed.

Having said that, I also used to jailbreak specifically to play nintendo roms. Android can do this natively. Just download johnnes from playstore. If you watch alot of movies like torrents or whatever use mx player. It plays basically everything. Download drippler. It will determine what kind of phone you have and deliver news and app info specifically compatible with your device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm