Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Re: Dissatisfied with iPhone 5. Want note 2

traded my iPhone 5 for a note 2 and I am loving it.

Been on IOS for the last three years. Traded my 4s for a GS3, then upgraded to a Note 2. This thing is an absolute beast. I am more than satisfied.

Default Dissatisfied with iPhone 5. Want note 2

Quote Originally Posted by juniorv130 View Post
    Going to best buy after work, really considering paying the extra 250. Can anyone weigh in?
    Here is my recommendation but it may take about a week to come to fruition. Call AT&T and ask them for an upgrade price on the Note 2. You will get them to say yes eventually but you must be persistent. I posted about this about a month ago and it will work at long as you pay your bill on time and stay nice to the employees. I usually just ask and say I don't like my phone or that it has some major flaw but either way I always find the one person that is willing to help. They are allowed to give you an override on price even without an upgrade but you do sign a new contract so maybe this isn't for you. Just trying to help but don't waste your money at Best Buy. Hopefully this helps. It's what I'm thinking of doing.
    ssloko likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

If that's true. That would be great! I'll do that. Can you send a link to your post??

If that's true. That would be great! I'll do that. Can you send a link to your post??
    Some friendly advice (:

That is the link, hope it works. Hopefully it will help and save you a boat load of money. I currently have a notation in my account saying I can get the Note 2 for $299 plus tax and shipping and a upgrade fee so thats nice and they should be able to do the same for you. My last upgrade was September 2012 so it isn't like I'm due.
    ssloko and juniorv130 like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

I will call tomorrow. Thanks so much!

You'll gonna be sooo happy with the best phone on the market!!!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

My only concern is the massive size when on the phone ...

Once you use it a few hours the size becomes a non factor.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jtshurtleff View Post
    Some friendly advice (:

That is the link, hope it works. Hopefully it will help and save you a boat load of money. I currently have a notation in my account saying I can get the Note 2 for $299 plus tax and shipping and a upgrade fee so thats nice and they should be able to do the same for you. My last upgrade was September 2012 so it isn't like I'm due.
    1st off, Thanks for the tip it is highly appreciated I'm just curious, did you have to trade in your older phone before they agreed to the price drop?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ssloko View Post
    1st off, Thanks for the tip it is highly appreciated I'm just curious, did you have to trade in your older phone before they agreed to the price drop?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Nope I kept mine

All:

I've been a member of the apple ecosystem since 07 and along the way have dabbled in android. I had the atrix, the inspire 4g and the gs2 skyrocket. I'm really considering swapping my i5 for a note 2 and the great thing is best buy is offering 405
    On trade for it!! Also, I've got folks willing to swap gs3 plus cash for my
    iPhone. Any advice from those that use it daily? I have an iPad so I think I'd really like
    Having jelly bean as my daily driver. Anyone else make the switch yet?

Thanks!!
    Hey,
    I made the switch from the Nexus 4to the GN 2 and im glad i made the switch. Everyone is shocked at the size of the phone but you get use to it so quickly. The phone is amazing and having the stylus just adds so much more functionality. The other day i paid a bill over the phone and the operator asked me to take down the confirmation number, at first i said i don't have a pen and paper and then i realized i did. You'll love it.

check out this video, after watching this it pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleer0y View Post
    Hey,
    I made the switch from the Nexus 4to the GN 2 and im glad i made the switch. Everyone is shocked at the size of the phone but you get use to it so quickly. The phone is amazing and having the stylus just adds so much more functionality. The other day i paid a bill over the phone and the operator asked me to take down the confirmation number, at first i said i don't have a pen and paper and then i realized i did. You'll love it.

check out this video, after watching this it pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Not trying to be annoying but that video review is the worst I've seen lol there's some girl on YouTube that did a fantastic review and its 55 minutes long. Very in depth and worth watching. She's quirky and seems to know what she's doing so its a nice refresher.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

AT&T authorized an early cross upgrade from my wife's account which is eligible in may. But only over the phone. Bummer haha I want it today. Maybe ill have the store call in?

Question Re: Dissatisfied with iPhone 5. Want note 2

Let me add some insight into all of this. I currently use an iPhone 5 on AT&T. I have gone through so many defective iPhone 5's. Call me OCD or whatever you like haha. My latest iPhone 5 has a speck of dust in the camera lens and a very loose sleep wake button. I decided to just live with those. As of yesterday my iPhone 5's home button started making a weird clicking noise, like something came loose underneath it. I love Apple products but I think the iPhone 5 manufacturing process needs a lot of work. Mine was made last month and these issues are still happening. I've always preferred the iPhone because of iTunes and all my music, but now I use Spotify.

I had the AT&T Note 2 before but ended up returning it. Now I'm thinking the Grey version wasn't for me. I loved the phone. I loved the S pen. What I loved the most was the huge spacious display and very loud speaker. I always have problems hearing callers on my ip5. Now I am debating getting the white AT&T Note 2. I think cases look better on it haha. But the dilemma is keeping my iPhone 5 or not. I plan on picking up a nano sim adapter to save me a trip to AT&T for a sim card.

So who else has a hard time moving away from Apple, despite the horrible build quality the iPhone 5 has? Maybe I just couldn't adapt to the Note 2; how do you guys do that?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

That is my worry!! Wonder how ill feel?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Getting it at 530! Free!

What didn't you like about the iPhone 5? I have been an android fan and have been with android since 1.5 and went back to apple with the iPhone 4S for $49 from bestbuy with their deal was looking at the 5 but would rather keep $100 since I'm fine with the 4S
    juniorv130 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,386 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ATT SE 1.0

I didnt like that barely anything has changed since it launched in 2007. But mostly I just wanted a bigger screen so I sold my iphone 5 and got the note 2. Now I laugh at my friends and their tiny screens.

Sent via Tapatalk
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts

Best buy offering 410 for iPhone 5. Price match AT&T at 649 and I'm at 249 out of pocket
    $410 for an iPhone 5? Whats your paypal Lol?

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Let me jump in and answer this. Im not a fanboy of anything what so ever, however, it is an insult to even compare the Iphone 5 to the GN2. The note is in a league of its own so you would do best with comparing the IP5 to an older HTC Evo LTE. I'd take that 409 and find a GN2 on craigslist for 550.00. I may sound biased but come on man the Ip5 is outdated technology thats limited.
    Is it worth spending the extra 240 bucks on top of the trade In iPhone 5 price?
    MatroxD and TomsAndroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtshurtleff View Post
    Not trying to be annoying but that video review is the worst I've seen lol there's some girl on YouTube that did a fantastic review and its 55 minutes long. Very in depth and worth watching. She's quirky and seems to know what she's doing so its a nice refresher.
    That girl is Angelofmusic1989. I don't have the link, add I just view YouTube from my phone app (I should reallyshould though. Ok, below is my first attempt at doing so, hope it works. But hers is a more of a broad overview. For specifics on the phone, I watch LucidMike. He had over 100 videos dedicated just to the note 2. I have found something in almost every one of his videos I have watched thus far.

But Erica does a great job and is hilarious also.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk
    TheOtherBill likes this.

Carrier
    ICS 4.0.3 + HTC Sense 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Craigslist it. You will make more than 410.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Thanks..a ton!!

In Australia going to use Cashaphone for getting $500 for my iPhone5. Not even using it since I got my One X.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Got it. Insane experience with the massive screen. Not sure how I like it yet but better than i5 that's for sure. I'll probably keep it but am considering the fact HTC one x+ if this doesn't work out

- - - Updated - - -

Sold i5 for 550, I'm good with that haha
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast