Data Usage Warning..???

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I have AT&T as a carrier and I have Unlimited Data, but just yesterday I got a Notification saying: Data Usage Warning.
So I clicked on it and apparently I'm almost over the 2.0GB (checked today, now I'm over 2.0GB)...
But I have Unlimited Data as my plan, I also doubled checked my AT&T account to make sure nothing has changed when I upgraded from the iPhone to the Note 2, and I still have Unlimited Data... So should I be concern here?

Thanks.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That warning was not from AT&T. It was from your Note II. Go into Settings -> Data Usage. You will see an orange bar you could adjust. The stock AT&T phone is default to 2Gb. I set mine to 5Gb so I will know when I am about to be throttled! :p Also while in that screen, you might want to adjust the period to your AT&T billing period.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That warning was not from AT&T. It was from your Note II. Go into Settings -> Data Usage. You will see an orange bar you could adjust. The stock AT&T phone is default to 2Gb. I set mine to 5Gb so I will know when I am about to be throttled! :p Also while in that screen, you might want to adjust the period to your AT&T billing period.

Sweet! Thanks for this info...!!!

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I thought the samething when I saw that the very first time too.
Just do what lostchild said and you''ll be fine.... you prolly never go over 3gb of data unless you stream stuff all day.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Also while in that screen, you might want to adjust the period to your AT&T billing period.
You must adjust that if you want your phone to be in sync with AT&T's usage records. If they're not in sync you could be warned too late or get false warnings.

Thanks to wifi, I'm using only about .4G a month, not bad at all! I wish I could buy a smaller limit plan for less money.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
BTW, 500kbps is not really that slow. My old iPhone 3G only get about 1 to 2Mbps max. My first modem was 300/1200 bits per second. :p

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
500kbs is extremely slow.... That's 1/6 of the theoretical max of 3MBs that 3g has..

And they legally get away with it because the fine print is on the commercials, their website, and all their promo materials...

Sprint is the ONLY company with truely Unlimited 3g/4g for everyone... I say everyone because, vzw only has it for grandfathered plans.... Even TMos newest crusade, throttles and limits after a few gigs....

Sprint said a gig of 4g is cheaper than a gig of 3g, so I don't expect this to change anytime soon

ozziedog

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Years ago I had a blackberry on AT&T with unlimited data of course all they had was 3 G, anyway I read all the fine print and buried in small text was a paragraph that stated that even though it was unlimited their was in fact a 20GB limit before they would start charging extra fees, and if it continued I would be taken off unlimited data. However I never got close to limit and it was near impossible with 3G.

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Being throttled by ATT sucks, it happened to me 2 months ago and its like going from LTE to EDGE speeds!!! It sux. The crappy part is that they don't throttle you at the supposed 5gb, they throttle you at 4gb.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
500kbs is extremely slow.... That's 1/6 of the theoretical max of 3MBs that 3g has..

And they legally get away with it because the fine print is on the commercials, their website, and all their promo materials...

Sprint is the ONLY company with truely Unlimited 3g/4g for everyone... I say everyone because, vzw only has it for grandfathered plans.... Even TMos newest crusade, throttles and limits after a few gigs....

Sprint said a gig of 4g is cheaper than a gig of 3g, so I don't expect this to change anytime soon

2 things:
First, they throttle you to less than 100kbps.
Second, tmobile does have TRUE unlimited. The have unlimited and then throttle at a certain point just like att and then they have pre and post paid true unlimited just like sprint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance