SMS Vibrate Only When Screen Is On

mattydelbloque

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Greetings, all. I have a new Galaxy Note 2 with AT&T's 4.1.2 update. I am a technology guy and had a Galaxy S3 for 6 months prior to the Note 2. I have noticed that my phone only vibrates for a text message notification when the screen is on. When the screen is off and I receive a text message, the phone will still play the notification tone, light up the screen, and scroll through the text in the notification bar -- It just won't vibrate! From the main Sound settings menu, I have ensured that Vibrate When Ringing is selected. From the Messaging settings menu, I have ensured that Vibrate is also selected.

I have extensively searched various threads related to vibration issues, but nobody seems to be experiencing the exact issue that I am having. I have messed about with the following settings with no result:
-Delete Old Messages
-Different notification tones
-Haptic Feedback
-Different vibration patterns
-S Motion on/off
-Blocking mode off
-Switching between Sound/Vibrate/Silent Profiles.

I am a software QA by profession, and I am convinced that this is a software bug. Are there any potential settings that I could mess around with that would convince me otherwise? Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
Matt