1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 2 (ATT) Stock email on Exchange not pushing / showing notifications

I have the Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T. I've been using the Stock email app for my Exchange email at work for about a month now with no problems whatsoever. Now since yesterday morning I'm not getting push email like I'm supposed to. I'll check the app and hit the manual sync button and get a bunch of mail that should have already been delivered. There have been a couple of exceptions, but this has become the norm. I'm also noticing even when mail does arrive, I'm not getting the notifications most of the time.

I've deleted and readded the account (rebooted several times), I updated to the latest OS yesterday evening, etc. I'm testing out Moxier Mail now which the sync is working fine on, but I would prefer the stock app if I could get it to work correctly.

Anyone else having this issue, or can offer advice? Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy Note 2 (ATT) Stock email on Exchange not pushing / showing notifications

I actually called AT&T in an attempt to find out where you would get support for stock apps. They guy had me turn phone off and back on, then had me change the "period" to sync email from 2 weeks to "automatic". This seemed to fix the issue, though I noted after checking settings again the option had switched from auto to 1 week on its own. Still working for the moment.

Default Re: Galaxy Note 2 (ATT) Stock email on Exchange not pushing / showing notifications

Where do you see the settings for "automatic" all mine lets me do is set the peak schedule times.

Unhappy Re: Galaxy Note 2 (ATT) Stock email on Exchange not pushing / showing notifications

I have the same question (although I have T-mobile). I have contacted them and they advised all the above, as well as a factory reset which didn't work. I really like the stock app for s-pen features, but I have too many sub folders not to get notifications.

That being said, I, too do not see an option for "always" in the period area-- only days. Frustrating.

Did you get this sorted and if so HOW?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

No I haven't. I was having success by turning off the Auto Sync Data setting, rebooting, then turning that back on. It will work for a few days to a week or 2 then revert back to not pushing. Now, though, that doesn't even work.

Really just want it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by DavefromDemop View Post
    No I haven't. I was having success by turning off the Auto Sync Data setting, rebooting, then turning that back on. It will work for a few days to a week or 2 then revert back to not pushing. Now, though, that doesn't even work.

Really just want it to work.
    Try aqua email which seems to handle exchange accounts better. Let us know.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

I switched all my Gmail to Outlook. Seems to work fine. It even allows you to sync the Gmail into outlook. Gmail isn't supporting free exchange accounts on new devices. My existing accounts can only be added as pop accounts on my GN2, even though they were established on my GS3.

Mr. Big

Quote Originally Posted by jblaze38 View Post
    I switched all my Gmail to Outlook. Seems to work fine. It even allows you to sync the Gmail into outlook. Gmail isn't supporting free exchange accounts on new devices. My existing accounts can only be added as pop accounts on my GN2, even though they were established on my GS3.

Mr. Big
    What? Is this new? m.google exchange is still working fine on my Note 2. I cannot see that they will stop supporting millions of iPhones using the google free exchange server.

I have the note 2 and with verizon.

My latest emails from my yahoo account won't push through to my stock email app in note 2. I looked at all the settings and nothing. I switched from iPhone 4s to note 2. Wow do I miss how the iPhone just works. Why is android so glitchy?

Unhappy Re: Galaxy Note 2 (ATT) Stock email on Exchange not pushing / showing notifications

Just got the Note II and I'm really annoyed that my Yahoo mail account won't automatically sync. I'm with Verizon and want the problem resolved.....any solutions?

HI, did you ever get that resolved with your Yahoo? Suddenly my gmail and yahoo quit updating...when i went to see, gmail's had been unchecked for automatic sync but now i can't figure out why yahoo is not syncking. You can also email if you figured it out to .

Pull down your notifications and click sync to enable. You will then receive all your emails