Buying a Note 2, tips in checking if my unit is a factory defect?

sterandroids

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting my Note 2 tomorrow and i want to hear from you guys what are the common defects (if any) people get from the note 2 so i can check if my phone has one.

For example in the iPhone 5 people told me to check if the screen squeaks, if there's leaking light, and if there are any scratches so i was aware when i got my iPhone in the areas i need to check. So i kinda want to do the same with the note 2.

Should i check anywhere in specific? loose buttons/screens, dead pixels, etc? any reply would be appreciated. Thank you!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know they only possible defects I have heard about is a defective s pen, and light leakage on the white version of the note 2. I have not actually seen any pictures of the latter just heard about it on the forums. This really is a great phone.

Sent via Tapatalk

co24

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Check for loose buttons!! I bought a Note 2 with AT&T and the power button is loose, you have to press hard, I wanted to replace for a new one but since it has 30 days grace period passed and they just one replace for a refurb. $300 plus 2 year contract. Not good!!!!

GadgetgirL76

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Check to make sure that there is not a gap between the screen and the bezel. I took my first GN2 back because of this issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Check for loose buttons!! I bought a Note 2 with AT&T and the power button is loose, you have to press hard, I wanted to replace for a new one but since it has 30 days grace period passed and they just one replace for a refurb. $300 plus 2 year contract. Not good!!!!

My niece's Note II power button was very hard to press when she first got it. It wouldn't work after about 2 or 3 weeks. It was passed the 14 days AT&T return period so she has to deal with Samsung warranty. It wasn't too bad, but she was without her phone for about 1 week.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know they only possible defects I have heard about is a defective s pen, and light leakage on the white version of the note 2. I have not actually seen any pictures of the latter just heard about it on the forums. This really is a great phone.
The Spen problem can usually be fixed by tapping the side it on the edge of a desk or table. I had mine for almost a month before I found out the little nib moves!
As for the light leakage, it's not really leakage - some people might call it a design flaw, others a feature - just that the white is semi opaque which results in a little glowing circle around the two buttons if you're in a dimly lit place. I saw this when I was picking mine out and I sorta like it.
For serious defects, there's a test mode you can enter by punching in *#0*#

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Call Samsung, you have a warranty and they will fix it, but you have to send it to them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums