QI standard Wireless charging receiver

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I was looking on getting a powermat, almost the samething.....but I am confused about the whole QI aspect. I have a flip cover and posted a topic specific to the mat , but almost the same question about wireless charging. I will be subscribed here, hopefully someone knows more about this technology..
Anybody have this and know if it works well? I am thinking about pulling the trigger on it but dont want to waste my money. Forum on XDA seems to think its ok but there was never a definitive answer. Thanks
$17.28 Qi Inductive Wireless Charging Receiver Patch for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - works with N7100 / N7102 / N7108 / N719 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I ordered one of these. Does anyone know if the palm touchstone would work with this receiver?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, from what I understand about the device, the wireless charging is tied into the two posts that you see when you remove the back from of the phone (there are the nfc posts and also the wireless charging posts).

Just from the electronics I have done, and this is a stretch, you have to get a system that would either allow you to place the charging coil to come in contact with these posts at the correct voltage (which for this phone, I want to, but at the same time don't want to experiment), as this one requires higher amperage to charge quickly.

I have a qi mat for my wi but I don't trust my own skills to not short out the device or worse. I have had lipo packs puff with hobby related things over time, but never had one explode. I wouldn't wish that on anyone so guys please be careful! I want to tinker to but, it's too dangerous for my tastes.

I wish they would just come out with the backs, as there are so many things that have wireless charging now.

But, I do understand their slow release because of the above. If anyone finds warrantied backs, I'm more than willing to experiment and buy one, but please, please dudes, don't rig it, as it's not very forgiving to blow up a lithium battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I ordered one of these. Does anyone know if the palm touchstone would work with this receiver?

If you can, can you please keep us updated after you receive it, as I think we are all interested?

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe the Touchstone is QI compatible. The Nokia Lumia 920 charging plate however is QI, so that should work.
The Nokia is Qi compatible but I was in verizon today and they have a QI charging plate that is bigger and the note fits better on. Also Verizon sells a S3 back plate with wireless charging built in.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia is Qi compatible but I was in verizon today and they have a QI charging plate that is bigger and the note fits better on. Also Verizon sells a S3 back plate with wireless charging built in.

Yes, I read about the back for the s3 a few months ago. At that time they mentioned that it, and the note 2 back would be coming soon. So hopefully, this is somewhat of an indication the backs for the 2 will be coming soon. I can't wait, as I'm don't wish to be tethered to cables any longer all over the house.

It's a blessing and a curse (have to take the bad with the good) that the battery life is so long. For me, the only thing is, the majority of the time, 24 hours is nothing to obtain. The issue comes in add to "when"the 24 hours comes up. I am up at 430 am, so in order to run it down to 5-10%, that normally falls into the 7 to 730 am time for me. I am on the road, in and out of the vehicle, thus seeing it to charge isn't an easy option. I probably should just buy the extra battery and charger route as I think about it.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I read about the back for the s3 a few months ago. At that time they mentioned that it, and the note 2 back would be coming soon. So hopefully, this is somewhat of an indication the backs for the 2 will be coming soon. I can't wait, as I'm don't wish to be tethered to cables any longer all over the house.

It's a blessing and a curse (have to take the bad with the good) that the battery life is so long. For me, the only thing is, the majority of the time, 24 hours is nothing to obtain. The issue comes in add to "when"the 24 hours comes up. I am up at 430 am, so in order to run it down to 5-10%, that normally falls into the 7 to 730 am time for me. I am on the road, in and out of the vehicle, thus seeing it to charge isn't an easy option. I probably should just buy the extra battery and charger route as I think about it.

I think if we see something it will be at MWC or at the Samsung event when they announce the GS4, whenever that may be. I think I am going to spring and get this receiver, Its $17 so its not too expensive and I know people with the Lumia so i can try it out on their chargers and then decide if I want to buy one myself.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Lol, that sounds good and let me know how it goes. Honestly, I don't have the heart to experiment. I love my home dude... 4k degrees nonstop burn is no joke....

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have this and know if it works well? I am thinking about pulling the trigger on it but dont want to waste my money. Forum on XDA seems to think its ok but there was never a definitive answer. Thanks
$17.28 Qi Inductive Wireless Charging Receiver Patch for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - works with N7100 / N7102 / N7108 / N719 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

There is a cheep fix as well to just make one from scratch and use a palm back. For the price this looks cheeper. Not sure I would want to prolong my charging time though. Also, I really dont ever "need" to charge, so a micro usb slip every other night doesn't bother me. Maybe I will pop on this:cool:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

blacter

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

blacter

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you know what settings need to be on for wireless charging to work with one of these add-ons. I have the Nokia charging plate.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you know what settings need to be on for wireless charging to work with one of these add-ons. I have the Nokia charging plate.
Im unaware of a setting, from what i understood is you put the back plate on and then set it down on the charger.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I got one as well. Not working for me on an att note 2 with a palm touchstone.

You know that a Qi receiver tag or Qi period is different than palm's touchstone technology. You can't mix the two.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000