Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Re: QI standard Wireless charging receiver

Quote Originally Posted by maj71303 View Post
    Got the Qi receiver tag off ebay and it works as advertise and charges my Note II up with no problems. Tag is thin enough to fit between the battery and door without a budge forming.This is the one I got. Qi Wireless Coil Receiver Charger Module Tag for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 | eBay
    Got one of these as well, but for some reason it doesn't work with my Nokia charging plate. The unit looked well made and fit perfectly. The light on the charging plate goes on when the phone's placed on it. But no charging. Any ideas?

make sure the contacts on the tag are reaching and making good contact with the contacts on the phone. I got that with another tag that it wouldn't work well if at all. Also 1st generation Qi and 2nd generation Qi sometimes have problems working with each other. I use an energizer Qi charger and it works well with any Qi device, but I have heard that nokia's chargers are a bit picky. I guess depends on the implementation even though it's suppose to be all Qi universal.

Quote Originally Posted by adamw100 View Post
    I got one as well. Not working for me on an att note 2 with a palm touchstone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Someone already mentioned in one of the first post that the Qi is NOT compatible with touchstone

I was able to get mine working with the energizer mat. Only problem is I found the charging sticker to be too bulky. Any reason why it needs to have a magnet attached between the contacts and the battery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

a Qi tag doesn't have a magnet attached to the tag. Are you still trying to use a palm touchstone coil built into the note II battery door with a Qi charger? or do you mean the charging coil inside the tag.

The Qi tag should be a tight fit but not bulky.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maj71303 View Post
    make sure the contacts on the tag are reaching and making good contact with the contacts on the phone. I got that with another tag that it wouldn't work well if at all. Also 1st generation Qi and 2nd generation Qi sometimes have problems working with each other. I use an energizer Qi charger and it works well with any Qi device, but I have heard that nokia's chargers are a bit picky. I guess depends on the implementation even though it's suppose to be all Qi universal.
    I played with the contacts, but no luck. I'm bummed because I really like wireless charging. My guess is that most phones will have it eventually.

I have the LG WCP-700 charging mat and it works perfectly with my Nexus 4. Any definitive answers on the receiver pads that some are selling and if they work with the Note 2? The one I saw above was sold out on ebay.
    LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Dev Pre, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

The one I got on ebay worked. I just think the thin black pad behind the wire contacts (about 1 mm thick) added too much extra weight and bulk to justify spending 70 for the charging setup. I'm wondering why the black pad is needed. Maybe to protect charging wires from contacting the battery itself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

I ended up getting one from ebay in which the vendor was highly rated and they had a buy it now price and also took offers. I said what the heck and put a bid in for 15 and they accepted it! If it does not work no biggie, I have wasted more than $15 in the past!

2013 Latest Slim Qi Wireless Charger Receiver Pad for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II | eBay
    LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Dev Pre, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

I ended up ordering the pad and receiver off of fasttech (The one the OP was wondering about). Will write up a formal review once i get it and use it for a few days.
    Thanked by 2:

Ok guys, here is a link to my review! Enjoy!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kris.richards View Post
    Ok guys, here is a link to my review! Enjoy!
    Where's the link? I ordered the one from fast tech too and received it today in the mail and it doesn't work on my. Sgh-i317

Here's the one I got :
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001946/1164400-qi-inductive-wireless-charging-upgrade-kit-for-sam

Quote Originally Posted by mitz85 View Post
    Where's the link? I ordered the one from fast tech too and received it today in the mail and it doesn't work on my. Sgh-i317

Here's the one I got :
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1...de-kit-for-sam
    The link to the review is the word "here"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

I also got the one from fasttech and it worked for my ATT. Took me a few times playing with the contacts to get it placed right.

I got my receiver pad and popped it into my ATT Note 2 and it works fine. I have the LG-WCP-700 charging mat which I also use for my Nexus 4. Not sure yet how fast it will charge the note but this pad is a bit smaller than others so it fits easier under the cover with less bulk. You can see that I am charging it with my Samsung TPU case on. $15 bucks for the receiver pad if you already have a qi charger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails QI standard Wireless charging receiver-note-2-1.jpg   QI standard Wireless charging receiver-note-2-2.jpg   QI standard Wireless charging receiver-note-2-3.jpg   QI standard Wireless charging receiver-note-2-4.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Any updates on how long it takes to fully charge a note2 battery from like 20% battery life left?

I have not timed it but it is much slower than the OEM charger. I have the charging mat on my desk at home and lay it on to charge and then pick it up to use it and lay it down again etc. The receiver pad is rated at like 650 mA so with a large battery like the Note it would take several hours I imagine.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

Where did you get yours? How is the width compared to others as you noted? The width of the one I got was the only negative I found. Would be great if there were narrower versions.

Quote Originally Posted by adamw100 View Post
    Where did you get yours? How is the width compared to others as you noted? The width of the one I got was the only negative I found. Would be great if there were narrower versions.

This is the one I got but not from this vendor. I used this picture because they show you how thin it is. I got it from FASTTECH.com I specified that I wanted the new 2013 model of this receiver pad. This is the thinnest pad available now for the Note 2. There are several models and this is the thinnest. It is a bit gimmicky and if you need to charge the Note 2 fast, it is better to charge with the Micro usb charger. If you can leave it on the pad and still use it like at a desk etc, then this is fine. My Nexus 4 chargers very fast wirelessly but it does not have the size battery the Note 2 has.

2013 New Qi Slim Wireless Charger Receiver Coil Pad for Samsung Note 2 N7100 | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by jummybui View Post
    Any updates on how long it takes to fully charge a note2 battery from like 20% battery life left?
    I 2nd what Planoman said. It is much slower than a wired charger. From 20% my best estimate would be 5-6 hours
    Thanked by:

I got 2013 New Qi Slim Wireless Charger Receiver Coil Pad for Samsung Note 2 N7100 | eBay and a Nokia Charging plate on the way! Can't wait to try it out. I might get a second Charging plate for work.
    planoman likes this.

Got my wireless charging plate and charger receiver pad in. It took roughly 6 hours to get my phone charged from 40% to about 96%. Not so bad. I'm liking it so far
    Thanked by:

definately going to get one of these! didnt realize it coulbe installed so easily? thanks for the thread!
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"

Quote Originally Posted by Bear lx View Post
    definately going to get one of these! didnt realize it coulbe installed so easily? thanks for the thread!
    Its super EASY! I am loving it so far.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12