Thinking of jumping from iPhone to GN2.

mfranks985

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have been thinking of leaving my iPhone and getting a note 2 or a GS3. I am not currently eligible for an upgrade so I would have to pay full price. I had a HTC evo on sprint 2010-2012, so I am not a total android noon. I am getting bored with iOS and the current path apple seems to be on doesn't thrill me either. Even though all mobile devices work great together ( macbook,iphone ,iPad) I still have been wanting more from my phone. The small screen on my 4S is bothering me and I am loving the nexus 7 I bought last week.
If I purchase one of these 2 phones and decide that I'm not totally ready to make the switch will I be able to return it? I would still have the 30 days to return it for a full refund correct? Also, could someone reccomend a good podcast app? I am using podcast addict on the nexus right now and its OK, but is there better choices out there?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have been thinking of leaving my iPhone and getting a note 2 or a GS3. I am not currently eligible for an upgrade so I would have to pay full price. I had a HTC evo on sprint 2010-2012, so I am not a total android noon. I am getting bored with iOS and the current path apple seems to be on doesn't thrill me either. Even though all mobile devices work great together ( macbook,iphone ,iPad) I still have been wanting more from my phone. The small screen on my 4S is bothering me and I am loving the nexus 7 I bought last week.
If I purchase one of these 2 phones and decide that I'm not totally ready to make the switch will I be able to return it? I would still have the 30 days to return it for a full refund correct? Also, could someone reccomend a good podcast app? I am using podcast addict on the nexus right now and its OK, but is there better choices out there?

Usually the carrier will give you 14 days for a refund, however you will be charged a restocking fee. I know Verizon has a 14 day return period, ATT may have a 30 day like you said but I am pretty sure either way you slice it you will be paying a restocking fee ($35 for Verizon) if you decide that you don't want it. All carriers do something like this and if you decide to buy your phone outright, like myself, you have the same options as if you bought your phone with a new contract renewal.

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
You know, you could post this question on many Internet forums and get many different answers.

Can I give you the best of piece of advice you will ever receive on this decision?

Ditch the iPhone and go Android. If you are considering the GS3, look at the Note 2 first.

I was an iPhone user for 6 years. Bought every iPhone except the 4S and 5. I am also a devoted Mac user with several Apple devices.

I became frustrated with the iPhone when #5 was announced. Apple just stopped being revolutionary. They were still making tiny phones with tiny screens and an operating system that restricted anyone that dreamed of customization.

I took a huge chance ditching Apple and going Android. I went with the GS3. At first, I thought I made the biggest mistake of my life. However, after a week, I loved Android and its bigger screen so much that I started eyeing the Note II. I ditched the GS3 and went with the Note 2. The Note 2 is the best phone I have ever owned, particularly for its huge screen and S-PEN.

Do yourself a favor and take the gamble. I don't think you'll want to go back to iPhone after moving to Android.

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Almost exactly what I did. Had the first Iphone, then 3g, 3gs, 4s. When I saw what the 5 was, I was truly disappointed. Glad I went with the Note 2! Great advice. And the help you can receive here, as well as XDA, gives unlimited options.
You know, you could post this question on many Internet forums and get many different answers.

Can I give you the best of piece of advice you will ever receive on this decision?

Ditch the iPhone and go Android. If you are considering the GS3, look at the Note 2 first.

I was an iPhone user for 6 years. Bought every iPhone except the 4S and 5. I am also a devoted Mac user with several Apple devices.

I became frustrated with the iPhone when #5 was announced. Apple just stopped being revolutionary. They were still making tiny phones with tiny screens and an operating system that restricted anyone that dreamed of customization.

I took a huge chance ditching Apple and going Android. I went with the GS3. At first, I thought I made the biggest mistake of my life. However, after a week, I loved Android and its bigger screen so much that I started eyeing the Note II. I ditched the GS3 and went with the Note 2. The Note 2 is the best phone I have ever owned, particularly for its huge screen and S-PEN.

Do yourself a favor and take the gamble. I don't think you'll want to go back to iPhone after moving to Android.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Almost exactly what I did. Had the first Iphone, then 3g, 3gs, 4s. When I saw what the 5 was, I was truly disappointed. Glad I went with the Note 2! Great advice. And the help you can receive here, as well as XDA, gives unlimited options.

I'm too a longtime iPhone user coming to the first time Android with the Galaxy Note 2 and couldn't be any happier!!
I think alot of people coming from iOS to Android with the Galaxy Note 2 and just got tiered of the same 'ol phone.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing some solid advice. I'd like to add, you may be intimidated or dislike the size of a Note 2 at first, but give it a week and you'll be used to it. I love the bigger screen; it's easier to type and great to watch videos on. And with the multiwindow function and the processing power...well let's say a lot of stuff can be done at the same time in a short amount of time. And I cannot get over the battery life--I'm running on 24 1/2 hours with 45% left on my battery still.

Also, I bought my N2 at full price and sold my S3 for $400 (when AT&T was offering me $100 to trade in my S3, pfft) so I actually ended up paying less than contract price. Even if I didn't sell my S3, I still think it would be worth it.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually I did the reverse. I went to an iPhone 5 from my Galaxy S 3.

I had the original iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS, and 4. I switched to Android when the 4S came out, so I've used Android for around 1 1/2 years or so. I've had many different Android phones, but liked the GS3 the best. But I eventually got bored with Android in a few regards.

Basically the one thing that makes people switch to android is the main thing that got me to switch back to iOS. All the customizing. I just got bored with spending too much time altering and tweaking my android phones. I did the custom rom thing, made my own debloated roms, tweaked all parts of the roms I could. It was a never ending battle.

I was always OCD which was running in memory, did I properly close an app when I was finished, always checking to see what is running in memory....etc...android to me was just too much maintenance. I was spending more time tweaking the OS and always keeping tabs on what was running, that I found that I wasn't spending enough time just enjoying the phone.

Another thing I could care less about is all the talk about multitasking on android, which I really never did. When I was done with a program I was done, no need to keep it running in the background. After all it's a smartphone and not my desktop computer. Why would I want to do all the same stuff I do on my computer on my phone?

Widgets are cool yes, but I only ever used one. That was the weather channel widget, which now I just have the weather on the drop down window on iOS.

I just think iOS is more smooth. On my GS3 I replaced the SMS program, the Keyboard, the email client....etc...on iOS, everything just works great and I don't feel the need to want to replace anything on it. I don't have to tweak anything, the majority of programs stop when I exit them. I can easily double tap the home button and just clear out my recent program list. It is just like they say..."It just works".

Now I will probably get flamed for the above, but the point I am trying to make is regardless of what OS you are currently using, you will get bored with it and want to switch to something else, until you get sick of that and want another change. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I like the Note 2, and was debating on whether to return my iPhone 5 and get it instead. My main issue with the iPhone 5 is that I find is very difficult to get used to the small 4 inch screen after using the 4.8 inch screen of the GS3. I guess that is why the Note 2 is so alluring to me with it's 5.5 inch screen, and my eyes aren't getting any better as I get older. But although I love the big screen of the Note 2, I just don't think I want to go back to Android at this point in time. iOS is actually refreshing for me to go back to.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the 3g then then the 4 then the 5. I had the 5 a minth or so before the note 2 came to att. Do yourself a favor and read the reviews for this phone. They all basically say the same thing. You can't go wrong with this phone.

I was scared at first. I had a lot of money tied up in apps for ios and I thought the android appstore was not anygood.

However, I thought about the apps I used everyday and 99% of those are on android.

Best phone ive ever had period. Galaxy note 2. Cant wait to see the 3

Sent via Tapatalk

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
No flaming here to the OP! Everyone is entitled to what works best for them! There are a lot of pros and cons to different brands/os phones and its great to have different options open to fill individual needs/wants! You should go with what makes you happy!

I was a long time Blackberry user and loved it, but looked at how much Android came a long in the last couple years, I was very intrigued as I was feeling that BB just wasn't advancing especially into bigger screen size of what models were available to me on my carrier. I went to an Android HTC Thunderbolt, and could never go back to BB, and anxiously awaiting my upgrade date to get the Note 2! I am not one to 'root', so I do keep my phone stock which is perfect for me. I know a lot of AC members have said the Note 2 is so great that they may even leave it 'stock'.

Sincerely hope you enjoy your IPhone as thats what makes you happy!

Sent from my Thunderbolt. Hoping to be a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually I did the reverse. I went to an iPhone 5 from my Galaxy S 3.

I had the original iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS, and 4. I switched to Android when the 4S came out, so I've used Android for around 1 1/2 years or so. I've had many different Android phones, but liked the GS3 the best. But I eventually got bored with Android in a few regards.

Basically the one thing that makes people switch to android is the main thing that got me to switch back to iOS. All the customizing. I just got bored with spending too much time altering and tweaking my android phones. I did the custom rom thing, made my own debloated roms, tweaked all parts of the roms I could. It was a never ending battle.

I was always OCD which was running in memory, did I properly close an app when I was finished, always checking to see what is running in memory....etc...android to me was just too much maintenance. I was spending more time tweaking the OS and always keeping tabs on what was running, that I found that I wasn't spending enough time just enjoying the phone.

Another thing I could care less about is all the talk about multitasking on android, which I really never did. When I was done with a program I was done, no need to keep it running in the background. After all it's a smartphone and not my desktop computer. Why would I want to do all the same stuff I do on my computer on my phone?

Widgets are cool yes, but I only ever used one. That was the weather channel widget, which now I just have the weather on the drop down window on iOS.

I just think iOS is more smooth. On my GS3 I replaced the SMS program, the Keyboard, the email client....etc...on iOS, everything just works great and I don't feel the need to want to replace anything on it. I don't have to tweak anything, the majority of programs stop when I exit them. I can easily double tap the home button and just clear out my recent program list. It is just like they say..."It just works".

Now I will probably get flamed for the above, but the point I am trying to make is regardless of what OS you are currently using, you will get bored with it and want to switch to something else, until you get sick of that and want another change. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I like the Note 2, and was debating on whether to return my iPhone 5 and get it instead. My main issue with the iPhone 5 is that I find is very difficult to get used to the small 4 inch screen after using the 4.8 inch screen of the GS3. I guess that is why the Note 2 is so alluring to me with it's 5.5 inch screen, and my eyes aren't getting any better as I get older. But although I love the big screen of the Note 2, I just don't think I want to go back to Android at this point in time. iOS is actually refreshing for me to go back to.

Well, from a longtime iPhone user this phone is completely a better choice with its bigger screen and features.
You can always keep it simple by just using apps on the phone like the iPhone dose. :D

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people who leave iPhone for Android end up going back because sometimes it's time consuming and difficult to learn a whole new OS so they'd rather stick with familiarity or something there used to. I will say if you take the time to learn Android on great devices like the Samsung GS3 or the Galaxy Note 2, I can strongly say that you most likely won't be going back to that iThingy. These two phones above mentioned have some really cool and practical features that make using your phone fun and tour life a bit easier. To me it's like having an actual personal assistant sometimes especially with s-voice and Google now when it's working great. It's worth a shot to switch and you got like 14 days to return it if you don't like it and go back to what you like. No risk at all to try out the best OS in the world and hang with Android Lloyd. Go for it

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

If you buy from Best buy you'll have a full 30 days and if you don't like it you can switch to another device (you're still stuck with the 14 days for full return) and also no restocking fees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

mayfieldh

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my note2 when it came out on November 9th. I started out with buying all of the iphones except for the 5 because of the small screen.

I must say that at first I wasn't sure I wanted to make the change over but after the first few days of learning the note2, I was hooked.

One of the great things I like about this phone and the OS is that I really don't have to root it to be able to use some very nice apps. With my iphone I had to keep it jail broken just to have simple apps that android can use without being rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

mfranks985

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Just dropping back in to say thanks for the advice and to let everyone know I purchased my note 2 Thursday. I am loving it so far and the size is NOT intrusive at all. I am very happy so far.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just dropping back in to say thanks for the advice and to let everyone know I purchased my note 2 Thursday. I am loving it so far and the size is NOT intrusive at all. I am very happy so far.

Congrats and enjoy!

Sent from my Thunderbolt. Hoping to be a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante