can foreign visitor buy AT&T Galaxy Note 2 at full price and use it for voice/3G in Europe and Asia?

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
can foreign visitor buy AT&T Galaxy Note 2 at full price and use it for voice/3G in Europe and Asia?

(including, but not limited to Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Hong Kong, Singapore, Brunei)

or is the phone SIM-locked, even after paying full no-contract pricing?

thanks!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: can foreign visitor buy AT&T Galaxy Note 2 at full price and use it for voice/3G in Europe and

You can unlock the phone for use with carriers abroad. The stipulation is that the carriers must use gsm bands supported by the phone. Unbelievably the best note 2 is the Verizon model. It has the hardware to support cdma, gsm and LTE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: can foreign visitor buy AT&T Galaxy Note 2 at full price and use it for voice/3G in Europe and

You can unlock the phone for use with carriers abroad. The stipulation is that the carriers must use gsm bands supported by the phone. Unbelievably the best note 2 is the Verizon model. It has the hardware to support cdma, gsm and LTE.

Interesting.... I read on the VZW Note 2 section that you can't get 3G data when roaming on a foreign GSM carrier. (voice is fine, however) :confused:

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm not 100% on that to be able to give you an answer reliably. I've heard people are using it fine, but have no real evidence.

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site

Best option is to buy the International version, SIM free, factory unlocked - GT-N7100 . It works everywhere in the world, including in the US on AT&T and T-Mobile. It's available on newegg.com, Negri Electonics, Amazon and others.