1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default can foreign visitor buy AT&T Galaxy Note 2 at full price and use it for voice/3G in Europe and Asia?

can foreign visitor buy AT&T Galaxy Note 2 at full price and use it for voice/3G in Europe and Asia?
    (including, but not limited to Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Hong Kong, Singapore, Brunei)

or is the phone SIM-locked, even after paying full no-contract pricing?

thanks!

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: can foreign visitor buy AT&T Galaxy Note 2 at full price and use it for voice/3G in Europe and

You can unlock the phone for use with carriers abroad. The stipulation is that the carriers must use gsm bands supported by the phone. Unbelievably the best note 2 is the Verizon model. It has the hardware to support cdma, gsm and LTE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: can foreign visitor buy AT&T Galaxy Note 2 at full price and use it for voice/3G in Europe and

Quote Originally Posted by Uribam View Post
    You can unlock the phone for use with carriers abroad. The stipulation is that the carriers must use gsm bands supported by the phone. Unbelievably the best note 2 is the Verizon model. It has the hardware to support cdma, gsm and LTE.

Interesting.... I read on the VZW Note 2 section that you can't get 3G data when roaming on a foreign GSM carrier. (voice is fine, however)

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

I'm not 100% on that to be able to give you an answer reliably. I've heard people are using it fine, but have no real evidence.

Best option is to buy the International version, SIM free, factory unlocked - GT-N7100 . It works everywhere in the world, including in the US on AT&T and T-Mobile. It's available on newegg.com, Negri Electonics, Amazon and others.
    Android user since the very first T-Mobile G1...