Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By barskin
  • 1 Post By planoman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    barskin's Avatar

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

    Default I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    But this video of the Galaxy S4 has me drooling.


    Card Carrying Device Junkie

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
  2. #2  

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    oh noooooo! I just sold my SGSIII yesterday! Have $400 burning a hole in my pocket. Keep looking at the Nexus 4...don't really know why. Maybe because I like my Nexus 7 so much. It could be my weekend phone because I doubt it could replace my GNote 2!

    If the SGS 4 is anything like this...
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  3. #3  

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    Im saving up for the S4 or the Note 3
  4. #4  
    aggie's Avatar

    Posts
    464 Posts
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    oh noooooo! I just sold my SGSIII yesterday! Have $400 burning a hole in my pocket. Keep looking at the Nexus 4...don't really know why. Maybe because I like my Nexus 7 so much. It could be my weekend phone because I doubt it could replace my GNote 2!

    If the SGS 4 is anything like this...
    don't do it. loved my Nexus 4 but always felt myself gravitating back towards my Note 2. The battery life on the Nexus is atrocious and that is just with HSPA+. Can only imagine what LTE would do to it. And that was the other, bigger issue for me. Going back to HSPA+ was like going back to dial up after cable/dsl first came out. Trying out the Lumia 920 now to satisfy my phone addiction but my Note 2 isn't going anywhere.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    barskin's Avatar

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    I guess that video is just a possibility, but... I love that dock with the laser keyboard. Did anyone see the finale of "Weeds?" It is supposedly taking place about 6 years from now, when there are legal marjuana imbibing cafes (Nancy sells her super successful chain to Starbucks), and people are using handsets with the same kind of laser keyboards. I guess they will be available a few years earlier than legal ganja joints will be.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    Quote Originally Posted by aggie99 View Post
    don't do it. loved my Nexus 4 but always felt myself gravitating back towards my Note 2. The battery life on the Nexus is atrocious and that is just with HSPA+. Can only imagine what LTE would do to it. And that was the other, bigger issue for me. Going back to HSPA+ was like going back to dial up after cable/dsl first came out. Trying out the Lumia 920 now to satisfy my phone addiction but my Note 2 isn't going anywhere.
    Ah... should have clarified. The GNote 2 is my daily driver. Too many good things to give up with the GN2. Was thinking about a weekend phone when I do not need as much battery or storage etc. Wanted to play with google wallet a bit. I like my nexus 7 so I wanted to check out the nexus 4. Played with one in a t mobile store and thought it was pretty sweet!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    seancojr likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    We'll see...
  8. #8  

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    I read somewhere that this video was a hoax, or at the very best not accurate or official. Just someone's idea of what it could/would/should be.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    Just someone's idea of what it could/would/should be.
    It is. Right in the title it says render.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    Is it worth it to trade an iPad 32 gb 3rd gen wifi and a 32 gb gs3 for a note 2?
  11. #11  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    I love my Note 2. It's the first phone that I've had that I have been so satisfied with that I haven't been looking at what else is out or coming out. It does everything I want, and some stuff that I didn't expect. I don't even use my computer for my online classes anymore.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    @sharky I would say keep the iPad and just trade your GS3. I have a Note 2, sold my GS3, and still have my iPad 2 for when I don't feel like using/sharing my phone with my daughter.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Ah... should have clarified. The GNote 2 is my daily driver. Too many good things to give up with the GN2. Was thinking about a weekend phone when I do not need as much battery or storage etc. Wanted to play with google wallet a bit. I like my nexus 7 so I wanted to check out the nexus 4. Played with one in a t mobile store and thought it was pretty sweet!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    You can get Google Wallet to work on the Note 2, if you didn't know before. This was a drawback for me until I learned how.

    Sent from my GT-N7100
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    barskin's Avatar

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

    Default Re: I love my Note 2...I don't need another phone....

    Quote Originally Posted by seancojr View Post
    You can get Google Wallet to work on the Note 2, if you didn't know before. This was a drawback for me until I learned how.

    Sent from my GT-N7100
    Hey, thanks for mentioning that. I looked, and yes, you can install GW on the GN2. Finally, a device I can use it on.

    Post Script: Oh, nuts! I just saw it is not "supported by my device or network." Is there something I can do?
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Similar Threads

  1. I love my gnexus but dang is that note II nice
    By elvisgp in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2012, 09:36 PM
  2. Love my note
    By p06781 in forum AT&T Galaxy Note
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 05:33 PM
  3. Love my Infuse, but man that Galaxy Note looks good....
    By CommieHook in forum AT&T Samsung Infuse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 12:27 PM
  4. I LOVE my new Motorola X (I really don't have one...)
    By GynormousMellon#AC in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 04:21 PM

Posting Permissions

B