Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Multi View Update Screen Rotation Bug Confirmed.

Called Samsung - No help.

But..everyone isn't having that issue. You might want to reflash your phone then..maybe something went wonky in the update. Is there an AT&T Device Center near you? If not, Samsung says you CA reflash yourself via Kies. I have NEVER done that, so I don't know anything about doing it. It might be straight forward once you connect to Kies though.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

You can try the reset, give it a few days, you still have 9 days to take it back to the store.

Do you keep multi tab turned on? I don't and maybe that it the culprit.

Go to any app, hold back to show multi-window apps tab (you don't have to pull out the blue tab), now rotate phone. It works for me like a charm. You can hide the multi window tab if you want afterwards.

I just did two things - in nova launcher - my screen rotation was set to default which says "normally" locked - I just switched that to auto rotate- I also just turned off multi view per your suggestion Kelly - I don't really see the need for that on my phone - I do use it on my Note 10.1 table though (I guess because the screen is bigger) I haven't had the problem all day - so I am hoping I won't have to deal with it again.

AT&T said it may be a 3rd party app thats interfering with he multi-view- but they said it has to be software.

I love this phone the only issue I had was this one and I'm not a fan of the shiny bezel (I can see this getting light scratch marks like my old iPod)

Yeah I saw you posted this - I was just trying to make sure it was a software problem and not a device issue

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXM View Post
    Go to any app, hold back to show multi-window apps tab (you don't have to pull out the blue tab), now rotate phone. It works for me like a charm. You can hide the multi window tab if you want afterwards.

It could also be Nova causing it, even with the seeing change. The only launcher I have on my phone is Home 2 to make my Voice Search work like S-Voice. I don't use launchers either. I did for a while when I had my Captivate, but they always caused problems for me, no matter what launcher it was.

Just tried this it didn't work

Exactly what part didn't work. I tried the above and it worked for me

HA HA HA when all else fails...which amounts to much of nothing, AT&T mutters those dirty words...." Factory Reset "

- - - Updated - - -

HA HA HA when all else fails...which amounts to much of nothing, AT&T mutters those dirty words...." Factory Reset "

When the screen won't rotate pushing the back button until multi-view tab shows and it will rotate again - that did not work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Exactly what part didn't work. I tried the above and it worked for me

Pull your Battery...leave it out for a few minutes, put it back in. Reboot. Let us know how that works

Sounds like what other people have been saying - i dont think anyone has found a permanent fix yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Pull your Battery...leave it out for a few minutes, put it back in. Reboot. Let us know how that works

Quote Originally Posted by YoThatsMyFresh View Post
    Sounds like what other people have been saying - i dont think anyone has found a permanent fix yet.
    Did you do It?

I did a Factory Reset a few hours ago - I'm trying that out right now.

I did a Factory Reset a few hours ago - I'm trying that out right now.
    Hmmm maybe something else is wrong with your because whenever it happens to me I used to do a fast restart and it would work again immediately. Until I found the trick about going to any app that would normally rotate then hold the back button until the multi window tab appears then rotate the phone and viola. It fixs it.

Did a factory reset late last night - no screen orientation freezes yet. I did have some wifi issues last night as well - but they seem to have been resolved as today- Last night my wifi was disconnecting every 20 minutes - did another reset - all seems to be well now.

Did a factory reset late last night - no screen orientation freezes yet. I did have some wifi issues last night as well - but they seem to have been resolved as today- Last night my wifi was disconnecting every 20 minutes - did another reset - all seems to be well now.
    Don't forget to disable the AT&T smart Wi-Fi again.

Did you root your note 2?

no

Did you root your note 2?

Turn off Smart Rotation, Now it's working every time.

Ok so my screen got stuck again today. I tried holding the back button until the multi window tab displayed and it didn't work immediately. So I opened up groove ip* and then I rotated the phone and it worked. Then I tried another app but it didn't work so I hold the back button again until the multi window tab displayed again, then I turned off the screen and turned it back on again, and I tried rotating and now every app rotates normally.

*You have to find an app that is immune to the screen bug. Mines is groove ip. Open that app, rotate screen, close app, go to a different app, hold back until the multi window tab shows, then turn off just the screen then turn it back on and then rotation problem is fixed.

Last edited by SiriusXM; 02-20-2013 at 04:15 AM.
    ska916jedi likes this.

Ok so my screen got stuck again today. I tried holding the back button until the multi window tab displayed and it didn't work immediately. So I opened up groove ip* and then I rotated the phone and it worked. Then I tried another app but it didn't work so I hold the back button again until the multi window tab displayed again, then I turned off the screen and turned it back on again, and I tried rotating and now every app rotates normally.

*You have to find an app that is immune to the screen bug. Mines is groove ip. Open that app, rotate screen, close app, go to a different app, hold back until the multi window tab shows, then turn off just the screen then turn it back on and then rotation problem is fixed.

is a Hardware or software problem?... im thinking about a return to att office

Quote Originally Posted by Vantrippy View Post
    is a Hardware or software problem?... im thinking about a return to att office
    Given that the issue arose after the multi-window update, and given that sometimes the auto-rotate feature does work intermittently after not working for a while, I'd strongly suggest that it's a software problem, which means that it's more likely to get fixed. And since it's not just limited to a few users, and since the phone is a flagship, it should get fixed in the next major update (hopefully).

While this is not related to the auto-rotation bug at all, I think there's another bug that's significantly more critical: the location services don't work after a few days since booting up the phone. While they do work on Google Maps and Google Earth, they don't work on other apps like the AccuWeather home-screen widget or any other apps that require location access. I'm trying to see if waiting it out will cause the bug to fix itself, or if rebooting is going to be the only fix. Checking and unchecking the location service options ("Use wireless networks" and "Location and Google Search") does not fix the problem. I'm thinking that this is a software problem too. Is anyone else having the same problems?
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast