Multi View Update Screen Rotation Bug Confirmed.

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I noticed this happening to me as well after the update. Hope they are working on a fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That happened to me a few days after I got the update. A reboot cleared it and it hasn't happened in the 3 weeks since (knock on wood).

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the update did that as well. I had no problem with screen rotation until post update.. sometimes you can "rock" the GN2 port-land-portrait and it will start work again or there is a lag in time before it switches.
ATT did a undisclosed update just prior to the 4.1.2 update, supposedly addressing a wifi problem. Cant tell which is responsible but my battery time is not the same.
I got the grey and red diagnol arrows next to the att icon and when I checked the notification window it said " Connecting to DNR server ". Samsung confirmed this was a automatic AT&T update. There was NO forwarning or notice given. That concerns me
greatly in itself. The Phone belongs to me, not AT&T.

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
That happened to me a few days after I got the update. A reboot cleared it and it hasn't happened in the 3 weeks since (knock on wood).

And I thought I was one of the only ones having this problem. I'm glad that's not the case and that it's a known issue, which means that it's more likely to get fixed.

Now I turn on auto-rotate only when I need it, so I leave it off most of the time. The problem hasn't come back in over two weeks, which was the last time I rebooted because of this problem (exactly speaking, 18 days ago).

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey All. This new firmware has introduced a screen rotation bug to our Note 2's. Basically the screen will fail to rotate from portrait to landscape without warning and can only be fixed by rebooting the phone. No fix is currently available and no cause has been determined. You can follow the thread about it here: Does anyone else have a problem where screen rotation stops working? - Page 4 - xda-developers

Thanks n I thought. I was going crazy lol it has happened to me a lot. It seemed to only happen whenever I was actually wanting to switch to landscape. I have had to reboot several times. For now I just leave screen rotation off. However when it was happening I thought I had smart stay turned on until I looked into the settings and realized it was turned off. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Root n Flash and you won't have to worry about Att's crappy software.
You would think after how long it takes them just to push the update that it would be bug free.

YoThatsMyFresh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Root n Flash and you won't have to worry about Att's crappy software.
You would think after how long it takes them just to push the update that it would be bug free.

I really don't want to get into all of this - and risk screwing up my phone now or future updates.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The one thing that is necessary is to call Samsung and report this issue. Unless they start getting reports, they won't work on a fix.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've never had this, but I turned off multi-view right away, that tab drives me crazy. I only turn it on if I need it and I have only used it once.

YoThatsMyFresh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I did the live chat - AGAIN

Kathy: Sure, I will forward your issue to concern departments. So that it is included in future updates.

Kathy wanted me to factory reset - being that the issue happens randomly there would be no way to see if it would be fixed immediately - it's just something that you have to wait out.

She said if I factory reset - the updated software would still be on the phone (so I don't see the purpose in this)

I am honestly considering going and exchanging my phone - I'd atleast have the old software

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I did the live chat - AGAIN

Kathy wanted me to factory reset - being that the issue happens randomly there would be no way to see if it would be fixed immediately - it's just something that you have to wait out.

She said if I factory reset - the updated software would still be on the phone (so I don't see the purpose in this)

I am honestly considering going and exchanging my phone - I'd atleast have the old software

Don't do live chat on issues like this, they are very limited in their knowledge. You need to talk to them, you will have to go through at least 2 steps, the first level that answered the phone, then they should move you up to level 2 technical support.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't do live chat on issues like this, they are very limited in their knowledge. You need to talk to them, you will have to go through at least 2 steps, the first level that answered the phone, then they should move you up to level 2 technical support.

Exchanging your phone won't stop the new software. Soon if not already, they will be in the store with the 4.1.2 but also it will also force you to take the update eventually if you don't have it. When AT&T released the update via Kies for the S3, in about 2 months it came out OR A and then shortly after that, it made people take the update.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So is it worth me exchanging my phone - I've only had it for less than 5 days.

You can take it back to the store and exchange, make them give you a new one, not a warranty one, you should have 14 days to do that. You can not do the update until it is forced, but you also won't get the security exploit that was released the other day. If I was having issues after 5 days, I would exchange it, but I would want the security fix. I would download the update and fix before setting it up and adding apps and see how it does on the rotate for a day or so.

YoThatsMyFresh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I have had the problem twice now where screen rotation stops working (even in apps where I **KNOW** it should work (like Facebook). I try toggling the option in the quick bar on and off to see if I can get it to come back but nothing. I have to reboot to get it back.

I downloaded an app from the market called GyroRotate to see if it is a hardware problem but it doesn't appear to be since the app responds appropriately when it isn't working.

I have the same problem since the ota update. It happens about every other day and the only way to fix it is a reboot. I've tried toggling autorotation on and off and tried calibrating the gyro and nothing fixes it

100% stock and it has happened several times to me as well.

Just happened to me in the YouTube app. First time ever.

So I had the problem again this morning. This time I went to the *#0 test screen, and tested the accelerometer this time. Everything worked perfect, and it was completely responsive. Here is the interesting part.

I'm clueless to what causes this. I did a battery pull two days ago when it happened and it happened again today. Some apps rotate others do nothing. I downloaded rotation apps that force rotation but it doesn't correct the issue

Im stuck in portrait mode and has been like this for the last 48 hours. I'm fully stock never rooted this phone. Before the update it never did this.

I have the same problem seems to happen to random apps after long use like youtube rebooting is only way to make it back to normal

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams