Multi View Update Screen Rotation Bug Confirmed.

YoThatsMyFresh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I was just posting that for other people who have the issue - as to your advice thanks. I'm just thinking if i want that security update I have to do the other update and I would be in the same boat - and I wouldn't want to get a phone with other issues.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was just posting that for other people who have the issue - as to your advice thanks. I'm just thinking if i want that security update I have to do the other update and I would be in the same boat - and I wouldn't want to get a phone with other issues.

Oh ok.

No you wouldn't necessarily be on the same boat. I have all the updates and I'm not experiencing the issue, many aren't.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Basically, if I had a problem before the 14 days, it would go back to the store, after that, I would probably send it to Samsung, even with AT&T willing to trade it out under warranty.

YoThatsMyFresh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a really nice guy from AT&T named Craig - he researched the issue and found out about it on Android Central - he told me that returning the phone wouldn't resolve the problem because it's clearly software. He called Samsung for me - and they suggested that a fix was to do a factory reset and he told me that samsung is waiting on a fix for this problem.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
But..everyone isn't having that issue. You might want to reflash your phone then..maybe something went wonky in the update. Is there an AT&T Device Center near you? If not, Samsung says you CA reflash yourself via Kies. I have NEVER done that, so I don't know anything about doing it. It might be straight forward once you connect to Kies though.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You can try the reset, give it a few days, you still have 9 days to take it back to the store.

Do you keep multi tab turned on? I don't and maybe that it the culprit.

SiriusXM

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Go to any app, hold back to show multi-window apps tab (you don't have to pull out the blue tab), now rotate phone. It works for me like a charm. You can hide the multi window tab if you want afterwards.

YoThatsMyFresh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I just did two things - in nova launcher - my screen rotation was set to default which says "normally" locked - I just switched that to auto rotate- I also just turned off multi view per your suggestion Kelly - I don't really see the need for that on my phone - I do use it on my Note 10.1 table though (I guess because the screen is bigger) I haven't had the problem all day - so I am hoping I won't have to deal with it again.

AT&T said it may be a 3rd party app thats interfering with he multi-view- but they said it has to be software.

I love this phone the only issue I had was this one and I'm not a fan of the shiny bezel (I can see this getting light scratch marks like my old iPod)

YoThatsMyFresh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I saw you posted this - I was just trying to make sure it was a software problem and not a device issue

Go to any app, hold back to show multi-window apps tab (you don't have to pull out the blue tab), now rotate phone. It works for me like a charm. You can hide the multi window tab if you want afterwards.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It could also be Nova causing it, even with the seeing change. The only launcher I have on my phone is Home 2 to make my Voice Search work like S-Voice. I don't use launchers either. I did for a while when I had my Captivate, but they always caused problems for me, no matter what launcher it was.

YoThatsMyFresh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Just tried this it didn't work

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
HA HA HA when all else fails...which amounts to much of nothing, AT&T mutters those dirty words...." Factory Reset "

- - - Updated - - -

HA HA HA when all else fails...which amounts to much of nothing, AT&T mutters those dirty words...." Factory Reset "

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88