Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jdub1981
  • 2 Post By planoman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Buy now or wait...

I am looking at upgrading on the first weekend in February and need input.

I currently have a Galaxy S3 that has some minor damage(volume button doesn't work.) So, I do not have an upgrade on my plan, but have options to use another person's upgrade.

So, for those of you with the Note 2 on ATT, should I buy now, or just wait to see the S4?
    S4 with Spen would be awesome, but it may not happen. Then I am waiting until next Fall for Note 3 or buying a phone 7 months after it came out.

Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,386 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Re: Buy now or wait...

The note 2 is awesome. Its the phone that made me switch from iphone 5.

However, the s4 should be announced in march or sooner. I would wait. I doubt it will have an s pen. Thats exclusive to the note series I believe. Its only a month or so to wait. Plus the note 3 will probably come out in October. If you can afford these kinds of phones do you really want a phone that will soon be replaced by a better version of the same phone?

Sent via Tapatalk

At this point I would wait to see what happens at MWC in Feb. The Note 2 is sweet I must admit so if you know you want that go for it. Since you kept you S3 even after the Note 2 came out I would recommend waiting to see if the S4 is somthing you want to save your upgrade for. If not pull the trigger on the Note 2. I could not wait until the Note 3...The Note 2 is just a great phone/device!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Some of the rumors pegged an S Pen as part of the GS4. Not sure it will happen, but that is probably my biggest question.

Not sure I can wait for Note 3 either. May Just go ahead and pull the trigger now. Have my upgrade next January and can always sell the Note 2 then if the 3 is enticing enough. Should be close to covering the upgrade fee at the time...

Global Posts
    1,386 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ATT SE 1.0

Heres a thought. Craigslist or ebay your gs3 for as much as you can get and pay the difference to buy the note 2 outright. Thats what I did albeit I sold an iphone5 when they were fairly new so I got almost the purchase price of a note 2

This way you can upgrade whenever you want but at a way cheaper price.

Sent via Tapatalk

Carrier
    CleanROM 1.5 ATT SE

If the phone is usable without driving you crazy, wait the three weeks. It will go by quickly. I also think the S4 won't have an Spen, but quad-core 1080p and some new features. Might be worth the wait. Otherwise, The Black Note 2 might be available right after too. win,win.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Heres a thought. Craigslist or ebay your gs3 for as much as you can get and pay the difference to buy the note 2 outright. Thats what I did albeit I sold an iphone5 when they were fairly new so I got almost the purchase price of a note 2

This way you can upgrade whenever you want but at a way cheaper price.

Sent via Tapatalk
    I would normally agree, but as I said, it does have some damage (volume button).

I think that is why I will pull the trigger. I can resell the Note 2 when I need to upgrade again.

I think I would rather have Note 2 with Spen than a GS4 without....

As a Note 2 owner I can say that I absolutely love this device.

Once you get used to the 5.5" screen there really is no going back.

I'll admit that I don't find myself using the S Pen often, though when I do I'm glad that I have it.

While the S4 is for sure going to be an amazing device I have reservations about its battery life given the 1080p resolution that it will be pushing.

Battery life on the Note 2 is great, can easily get two days of use on mine with pretty heavy use.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2