| || |
Galaxy Note 2 and electrostatic discharge
Yesterday night I got a shock when I picked up my phone while touching the metal frame (is it really metal?) of the camera lens. It just finished charging and was left plugged in. That made me wonder: how does this phone deal with static discharge? There was no damage to anything after getting the shock, but it still concerned me.
I must say that I live in a dorm that is very dry - 20% humidity. Nothing I do increases the humidity that much; there is a 3% increase at the most when I try really hard to get more humidity in.
This morning, just a few minutes ago, my phone did something it never did before. I unlocked my phone and found out that my home screen was completely frozen; I couldn't scroll across the different home screens or tap anything on the screen. All the hardware buttons (including the menu and back buttons) did respond though, and I was able to pull up and down the notifications panel. I then locked the phone and opened my e-mail app from the lock screen. It did open, but I couldn't scroll down or open any of the e-mails. So I rebooted the phone and that solved this weird glitch. But now I'm worried that it might come back.
Have any of you had the same problem? Do you think it was somehow caused by that shock I got?