1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Buying a note 2

I currently have a Galaxy S3. I want a note 2, but i just renewed my contract not that long ago. Can i buy the note 2 at full price and just swap phones? or will i have to pay cancellation fees?

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Default Re: Buying a note 2

You will have to buy it Regular Price (you don't get the upgrade discount) which is 649.99
    So yeah you can just put your SIM card in any phone you want really, it'll continue to work. There is no cancellation fee unless you're cancelling your contract.
    Your phone has nothing to do with the contract part.

You can buy the Note 2 and then sell your GS3 on craigslist or ebay or something.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

You can probably pick one up lightly used at an ok price or at least with some accessories. I may be selling this one depending on how this funky Straight Talk occurrence works out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Unlock your GS3 using the instructions posted on xda, and sell it for a premium as "unlocked" GS3. Now you will almost have enough to pay for the Note II at full price.

I bought a white S3 back in July then turned around and bought my Note 2 back in November. To make up for the cost, I sold my S3 (which was in pristine physical condition with no scuffs or cracks) for $400. So, essentially, I paid less than contract price for my Note 2.

As just an AT&T S3, you can sell it on Craigslist for $350 to $450 in just a few hours.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Sold my S3 last week for 400 in a day on craigslist. My nexus 7 had me really wanting to try nexus 4 which I bought. Really like it as a 2nd phone but can't replace my gnote2!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Call AT&T and ask them to upgrade your phone... Tell them you're unhappy with your S3 or just that you really like the Note 2. You may have to call a few times but you'll find someone to give you an upgrade. I've done it a few times now and that's how I got my Note 2 with discount after 4 months on contract.

Sent from my Note 2

Y ou can also use someone else's upgrade. If you know someone willing, doesnt even need to be on same account.

Thats what I am doing this weekend. Then my upgrade will be available for note 3!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums