Notification light blinking with no notification

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It's been happening a lot lately where I'll look down at my phone and the blue light it blinking but there are zero notification in the panel. Anyone else have this happening? Subsequently I've had the phone black out completely and require a battery pull. Thinking this thing may be headed down the crapper.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a freeze yesterday. I saw the error poo up on the screen for a fraction of a sec. Said something about a radio mem dump or something like that. When the error went off screen it was completely frozen. I had to do my first battery pull in 2 months of owning the phone.

I am rommed and read that a new radio was pushed in late december. I downladed and fladhed from scottsroms. I hope I dont see it again.

On a side note.. does anyone know how view a list errors? Are they saved to sone kind of log somewhere?

Sent via Tapatalk

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had a freeze but I did have the blue Note light. I thought it was associated with led notification app. I removed it and have yet to see it.

But I just had a thought about Gmail. I show a lot of messages showing, so I might go in and delete those if I see it again.

And I found a dump txt file within the sdcard directory, but I'm not sure if that's the only dump file. I would think it would either be under the system or sys folder. But, I suppose that could be the default location. I'm just not sure to be honest.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

chuchi78

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
First off, sorry you made a forum topic just to have everyone answer you with crap that's completely unrelated to your problem. That's the internet for ya.

Yes, I have also experienced the problem you've described with the LED notification light blinking when there is no message or notification. I've been getting so much bad news lately that the stupid light has become a source of anxiety for me rather than a helpful feature. As a result, I've had to disable it completely. I have noticed, though, that it tends to get triggered with the hand wave gesture you use to light up your screen and check your missed calls/texts/battery power. I'll have no notifications, wave my hand over the phone, and the light starts blinking long after the screen has turned back off. I also turned this feature off, since I don't see the point in waving my hand over my phone like an idiot 3 or 4 times to possibly see something I can pull up in 1 second every time by just pressing a button.

I've submitted a ticket to samsung about this problem. It's likely not considered a big deal to warrant an immediate update, so a fix may roll out with android 4.2.1.

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed it from time to time as well. Nothing in the notifications. Is usually an unread text message for me and for whatever reason there was no notification up top.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
First off, sorry you made a forum topic just to have everyone answer you with crap that's completely unrelated to your problem. That's the internet for ya.

Yes, I have also experienced the problem you've described with the LED notification light blinking when there is no message or notification. I've been getting so much bad news lately that the stupid light has become a source of anxiety for me rather than a helpful feature. As a result, I've had to disable it completely. I have noticed, though, that it tends to get triggered with the hand wave gesture you use to light up your screen and check your missed calls/texts/battery power. I'll have no notifications, wave my hand over the phone, and the light starts blinking long after the screen has turned back off. I also turned this feature off, since I don't see the point in waving my hand over my phone like an idiot 3 or 4 times to possibly see something I can pull up in 1 second every time by just pressing a button.

I've submitted a ticket to samsung about this problem. It's likely not considered a big deal to warrant an immediate update, so a fix may roll out with android 4.2.1.

Now that this has been mentioned... I have noticed this scenario too... I just thought it was coincidence, but after I have had my hand over the device and the screen comes on, there is sometimes a notification light, but no notification sound... Good catch Churchi!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

No reason to be a jerk around here. If you are the end all be all of expert on the Note 2, then you should stay off AC, start a blog on your own, where only you can answer.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Now that this has been mentioned... I have noticed this scenario too... I just thought it was coincidence, but after I have had my hand over the device and the screen comes on, there is sometimes a notification light, but no notification sound... Good catch Churchi!

When you wave your hand over in certain proximity to the phone, the blue LED will flash and the screen light up. It it's simple to turn this feature off for anyone that doesn't like this.

hiendtime

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a Galaxy Note 2. Finally an android phone that lasts a full day before needing a charge. I like the quick glance feature via waving your hand over the proximity sensor, which triggers the blue LED as others have noted, but the fact that the blue LED continues to blink long after the screen has gone dark again is annoying and is clearly a bug. Why would someone want to set off a false notification indicator while checking for notifications??? Seeing this post is two months old now I am disappointed Samsung hasn't addressed.

Paul Lessard

May 22, 2013
Visit site
No reason to be a jerk around here. If you are the end all be all of expert on the Note 2, then you should stay off AC, start a blog on your own, where only you can answer.

How does apologizing for people replying with off-topic, redundant crap result in being a jerk? I think, based on your crappy comment and name calling, you're the jerk. Dude didn't claim to be an expert, he was clearly getting to the point, simply offering his knowledge and experience... "That's the internet for ya", indeed...

And with that out of the way... I noticed a steady blinking light blue light tonight while my screen was locked and off. I also can't really explain why this occurred but only after turning on my screen, unlocking my device, clearing the few notifications I had, as well as logging into my facebook app and checking my notifications there as well, the light, only then would no longer blink. As for the device notifications I cleared, all I had was a final score from a baseball game via google, an app update and a weather notification. It seemed, at least in my situation, the blinking led wasn't anything to be concerned about... I don't recall taking notice in the thread but, have you refereed to the manual? Is this surely and only a proximity thing? Good luck.

SultanGris

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I have also experienced the problem you've described with the LED notification light blinking when there is no message or notification. I've been getting so much bad news lately that the stupid light has become a source of anxiety for me rather than a helpful feature. As a result, I've had to disable it completely. I have noticed, though, that it tends to get triggered with the hand wave gesture you use to light up your screen and check your missed calls/texts/battery power. I'll have no notifications, wave my hand over the phone, and the light starts blinking long after the screen has turned back off. I also turned this feature off, since I don't see the point in waving my hand over my phone like an ***** 3 or 4 times to possibly see something I can pull up in 1 second every time by just pressing a button.

I notice exact same scenario, never had this problem before I enabled this feature. It seems to go away most of the time if i turn the screen on and back off and dont wave my hand over the sensor after turning it back off.

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I just started having this problem today so I Googled it and can up with this forum. I tried all kinds of stuff except turning my Led off. Then I went back through all of my texts and emails. I had two unread texts and a few unread emails. Once I read them the light went off and has states off. Hope this helps someone.

Christie

- - - Updated - - -

I just started having this problem today so I Googled it and can up with this forum. I tried all kinds of stuff except turning my Led off. Then I went back through all of my texts and emails. I had two unread texts and a few unread emails. Once I read them the light went off and has states off. Hope this helps someone.

Christie

Avinashreddy Avi

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
hai guys all of u aa very gdmrng i hope u ur problem with dat light blinking at sceens on ur Andoid mobiles rght :
ok lets follow three step dats all :
1) Install the Air push app into ur Andorid phne
2)open the app and check ur installed programs its shows the notifications and uninstall dat programs bczz dat are runing with adds over dat programs
If It doesn't wrks :
3) Upgrade ur Firmware software suitable for ur phne model
I hope now the prblms doesn't show for every one .........!!!!!
Tnks for watching @ Avinash

GreenAsJade

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, FTR, I had this problem, and it turned out to be a message pending in google hangouts.

It's really quite hard to find "where is an LED notification coming from" ... someone should do somefink about that!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995