GN2 AntiVirus?

RogerRockit

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I've been living dangerously for the past 3 months, with no antivirus on my device. No problems so far, but I don't want to continue testing my luck. What antivirus apps do you swear by?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Antivirus is only needed if you plan on getting apps from places other than official appstores like the play store or amazon. I myself have no AV.

You can download .apk files from places like xda that are relatively harmless as well.

Sent via Tapatalk

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually, out of fear for all the things I have collectively read lately, the openness of some of the code and application changes as far as permissions, I took the plunge a few days ago and loaded avg.

I'm not sure if it's necessary yet or not, but mobile devices are replacing desktops and laptops for basic uses, and a lot of reading about other countries, I just "feel it in the bones" that it's coming soon. I very well may be noided though.

Only time will tell.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Antivirus is only needed if you plan on getting apps from places other than official appstores like the play store or amazon. I myself have no AV.

You can download .apk files from places like xda that are relatively harmless as well.

Sent via Tapatalk
This is what I have heard as well from my reputable sources

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been using android for several years never have I used an av. Common sense will go a long way. Download from reputable sources, check permissions before accepting, look at comments see what's being said, look at ratings. This really isn't hard just take your time and do your research before grabbing an app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
There is always a possibility. I use Avast because it just sits there quietly. I haven't had to mess with it much. As far as the permissions go, apps are vague as to why they need that permission.

IBM Kid

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I have never used any antivirus software on any of my phones and never had any problems. Then again I never had any reported viruses on my old windows computers either. Its all about how careful you are. As long as you aren't downloading pirated apps and trying to install them you should be okay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Meadeloaf

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use AVAST! on my phone for a few reasons:

? I use AVAST! on my desktop and laptops, so it's nice to have them all synced together

? General paranoia

? My favorite feature is the Anti-Theft features. I like the security of being able to remotely lock/control my phone in the event of it being stolen or lost. Of course they could always flash a factory image, but it doesn't hurt to have it

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I use AVAST! on my phone for a few reasons:

? I use AVAST! on my desktop and laptops, so it's nice to have them all synced together

? General paranoia

? My favorite feature is the Anti-Theft features. I like the security of being able to remotely lock/control my phone in the event of it being stolen or lost. Of course they could always flash a factory image, but it doesn't hurt to have it

Look into Cerberus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have Lookout Security & Antivirus, but mostly for if my phone is ever lost/stolen. The antivirus is just a bonus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm