Handcent, GoSmsPro, Chomp

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I hope this gets answered because it seems to be that not one sms program does all things. (at least to me). I want to send pics via sms and send emojis. Gosms does both but for some reason its realllly slow on my wifes iphone. Like 5 mins slow. Handcent sends emojis but does not send pics at all. It sits and spins and spins. Chomp does the same things that handcent does. I can send pics but not emojis on stock app. Very very frustrating. So, I hope that some can help with some answers or suggestions. I am using stock GN2 no launcers. Thanks in advance.

PS have unchecked and checked. Auto retrieve, notifications, etc

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I remember when I had handcent on my note it would send when not on WiFi. Maybe your on WiFi?
As for chomp I use it flawlessly for emojii and MMS.
If they aren't cutting it try sliding messaging in play store. They have a paid MMS version which does MMS and I haven't played much with it. Only used the free version. Pretty nice app and has emojii support to send and receive. Hope this helps out enough.

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yea I have tried that. It doesn't send either way. I have purchased Sliding pro but can't figure out how to send mms. Help? Thanks

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I remember when I had handcent on my note it would send when not on WiFi. Maybe your on WiFi?
As for chomp I use it flawlessly for emojii and MMS.
If they aren't cutting it try sliding messaging in play store. They have a paid MMS version which does MMS and I haven't played much with it. Only used the free version. Pretty nice app and has emojii support to send and receive. Hope this helps out enough.

What is emojii?

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Little smiley characters and symbols.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Hey Jay!

Just adding to that, that they are the more colorful ones I think everyone is speaking of, add you can hit menu, at smiley from the default samsung sms, but all of the little cutesy ones don't come stock.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I believe MMS requires mobile data connection not WiFi. In order to send MMS pic, you need to have a solid 4G connection otherwise it will just keep trying. That's probably why your Go SMS Pro is so slow in sending pics. You just have a slow mobile data connection. Not sure why Handcent won't send pic. Maybe because it was not able to start your mobile data. Did you give it permission to access your mobile data? Or maybe you have mobile data turned off?

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, here's the deal I have been using Gosms since the phone came out and haven't had any of the " no picture sending" issues. It was just recently. My connection has been on wifi and I sent pics. Also, have been on LTE and sent pics. LTE at the house is like 10 down and 5 up. So, I'm not real sure whats going on. Other than network issues. I have since deleted them all and now Gosms is working again.
P.S. Just remember I purchased the... deal where you can send full size pics also in case you wanted to. Sent without issues. I forget what its called though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol