Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default What do I do with my new micro sd card?

Hi guys I just received my new 64gb class 10 micro add for my note 2. But I don't know anything about formatting or anything like that. Can someone please help me with a step by step guide. Sorry I'm a noob at this. Also in the future if I decide to root my phone will I have to do something with the micro sd to work with my rooted phone?

Please advise:

Thanks in advance

Default Re: What do I do with my new micro sd card?

Pop it in your phone and it will probably work as is. It will work just fine when rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

I've had several microSD cards and I don't recall ever having to format any of them on my phones. The only time I've ever had to format a memory card was when inserting one into an actual camera. Rooting your phone will not affect your memory card. If you're coming from a smaller card and moving everything, I recommend moving everything via Windows Explorer or something similar that will sort of back everything up at the same time (which I need to do myself, thanks for the inadvertent reminder).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeRich View Post
    I've had several microSD cards and I don't recall ever having to format any of them on my phones. The only time I've ever had to format a memory card was when inserting one into an actual camera. Rooting your phone will not affect your memory card. If you're coming from a smaller card and moving everything, I recommend moving everything via Windows Explorer or something similar that will sort of back everything up at the same time (which I need to do myself, thanks for the inadvertent reminder).
    Thanks guys!

Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

You will have to format. Just put it in the phone. Then go to settings...storage. very bottom click format. Thats it.

Sent via Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    You will have to format. Just put it in the phone. Then go to settings...storage. very bottom click format. Thats it. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/09/bumyragy.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk
    Thanks all!